The second-largest island of Thailand, Koh Samui, offers plenty of opportunities to shopaholics with its abundance of intriguing souvenirs to take back home. There are numerous stores and stalls with a huge variety of different products, both international brands and local ones. Although prices are mostly fixed, you can use a bit of bargaining to get more reasonably priced products.
Here is the list of places for shopping in Koh Samui which you MUST visit:
1. Central Festival SamuiThe largest shopping complex in Samui, situated in Chaweng, it is divided into four sections namely,
1. Fisherman Village consisting of clothing and accessory shops along with kids’ playground and seating area
2. Bird Cage which is a fashion zone
3. Chaweng Port where you will find multiple cuisines and drinks for intake
4. Beach Town Market consisting of a food court and game zone.
Beautifully designed, this place has many branded shops to visit and a refreshing terrace garden to relax after a long day of shopping.
Open Hours: 11 AM to 11 PM
Address: 209, Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84320
2. Lamai Walking StreetLamai Walking Street happens every Sunday on Lamai Beach Road. If you are fond of street shopping, then this market must be on your itinerary. Through a number of stalls displayed, offering fresh local food to handicraft outlets to clothing, you get a glimpse of the real local shopping in Koh Samui. You can purchase little gifts at the most affordable prices for your friends and family from this place.
Open Hours: 4:30 PM to 12 AM
Address: 139/16 Had Lamai Rd, Tambon Maret, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani
3. Fisherman’s Village Walking StreetIf you are in Bophut and need to shop, Fisherman’s Village Walking Street is your place to be. Brought to life every Friday, you can find the cheapest accessories, clothes, bags, and other stuff that you require. This colourful market is a must-visit place to shop and visually experience the Thai dance performance, beatboxing, and other on-going local activities on this street. This place is for those who are seeking to purchase souvenirs with their small budget and enjoy delicious local food and drinks.
Open Hours: 5 PM to 11 PM
Address: Bophut Beach Road, Bophut
4. Lamai Night PlazaA bargainer’s delight, this place for shopping in Koh Samui is a treasure world for those who purchase pirated and copied products. It has a wide range of things which include wooden showpieces, day-to-day products, etc. in addition to locally made products. This plaza is open every day, and you can have a look around for new movie entries or buy the colorful lamps and little Buddha idols.
Open Hours: 5 PM onwards
Address: Unnamed Rd Tailandia, Ko Samui, Surat Thani
5. Maenam Walking StreetLocated in Mae Nam centre, Mae Nam Walking Street is open for people every Thursday with stalls put up in line selling fresh food at reasonable prices. While eating deeply fried grasshoppers and munching yummy local snacks, you can browse through the local products, which also includes some famous brands. If you are lucky, you might come across artists playing live music that livens up this market in Koh Samui.
Open Hours: 5 PM onwards
Address: Mae Nam, Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84330
6. The Wharf SamuiStarted in the year 2014, The Wharf Samui, Bophut, is an area for shopping in Koh Samui that is divided into 120 units and offers quality services and products for all. This place keeps you tension free regarding finding a parking space as it has its own designated parking. While the well-known Barracuda Restaurant offers cuisines both Asian and European, you can visit Sabeinglae to taste delicious Thai food. Good quality, low priced, and unique products are what you will find here. In addition to all this, it has a kid’s area full of different games to keep your little one busy while you shop.
Open Hours: 11 AM to 11 PM
Address: 62 Moo 1 Tambon Bophut, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani
7. Samui Hot ClubIf you are looking for a place from where you can buy your beachwear in Nathon and Lamai, Samui Hot Club is where you should go. You will also find a variety of clothes like T-shirts, kids’ wear, etc. This place offers a stylish summer collection for the entire family. Please note that you are not allowed to try clothes on and also, no refunds.
Open Hours: 9 AM to 9 PM
Address: Maret, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani
8. Mr Samui Gallery and Art CaféAre you into collecting jewellery items to wear on different occasions? Whether your answer is yes or no, this place for shopping in Koh Samui is a must-visit. With gems, silver and gold earrings, bracelets, rings, etc., this place will make you feel as if you have entered a treasure box. Not only this, Mr Samurai is a place that every art enthusiast will love. It also has an art gallery and offers food, drinks, and WIFI.
Open Hours: 9 AM to 11:30 AM
Address: Main Street, South Lamai, Koh Samui
9. Buddy Oriental PlazaAs the name suggests, this plaza will be your shopping partner as it introduces you to the world of the latest fashion. It has boutiques where you can pick the best designer wear for every family member. It offers many types of imported goods from different countries, thus, providing the best shopping deals. Do stop by at the Coffee World to indulge in some fantastic coffee.
Open Hours: 10 AM to 11 PM
Address: 173/41, Maret Lamai Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani
10. Saona CollectionWith a vibrant collection, this place is heaven for those who collect limited edition items. It offers a glimpse of Thai clothing with a wide range of prints to choose from. Along with the dresses, you can also find a beautiful range of hats, bags, and accessories to match the clothing. This place is not for bargainers as all the products displayed here have a fixed price.
Open Hours: 10 AM to 11 PMThese are the best places for shopping in Koh Samui among which you may select the one according to your location and shopping requirements. Hope you have an amazing shopping experience in Koh Samui.
Address: Main Street, Fisherman's Village, Koh Samui, Surat Thani