The following Rajasthan Airports will help you plan your trip:
- Jaipur International Airport
- Maharana Pratap Airport, Udaipur
- Jodhpur Airport
- Jaisalmer Airport
- Nal Airport Station (Bikaner Airport)
- Kota Airport
- Kishangarh Airport
- Kolana Airport
- Lalgarh Airport
- Phalodi Air Force Station
- Suratgarh Air Force Station
1. Jaipur International AirportJaipur International Airport has located about 10 km from the city of Jaipur, in the suburb of Sanganer. The airport operates domestic as well as international flights and is the primary airport serving Jaipur, the capital of the state. It is the largest airport in Rajasthan and was declared as the World's Best Airport (in the category of 2 to 5 million passengers per annum) in 2015 by Airports Council International. Jaipur Airport is well connected by bus with many Indian cities such as Delhi, Gwalior, Agra, Vadodara and Ahmedabad. Taxis are also available from the airport 24/7. The airport has an incoming and outgoing duty-free shop along the departure trail. Few restaurants are also available in the publicly accessible and air-side departure areas. Other facilities include ticket sales, hotel booking, car hire, and left luggage.
2. Maharana Pratap Airport, UdaipurMaharana Pratap Airport is 22 km south of Udaipur. It is a domestic airport and is named after the king of Mewar, Maharana Pratap, famous for his strength and valour. The airport features all the basic amenities such as eating outlets, shops, wheelchair accessibility, medical facility, bank ATM, tourist information centre and restrooms. Prepaid taxi counter and a handicraft emporium are also available within the airport. Located in the town of Dabok near Udaipur, the airport is well-connected to cities like Bhilwara, Pali, Gandhinagar, Jodhpur, Ratlam, Ahmedabad, Nadiad, Kota and Ajmer.
3. Jodhpur AirportJodhpur Airport is a domestic airport and is about 5 km from the city of Jodhpur. Getting to neighbouring towns and cities of Pali, Ajmer, Bhilwara, Udaipur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Kota, Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad, from Jodhpur Airport is quite easy as there are various convenient options like general taxis, prepaid taxis, car rentals, interstate taxi service providers within the premises of the airport. The bus stand is located at a distance of about 9 kilometres from the airport and is accessible by bus as well as taxis. The railway station is situated just 5 kilometres from the airport and can also be reached by bus and taxis. ATM counters, trolleys, mobile charging, wheelchair, medical facility, restaurants, tourist information counter and VIP rooms are some facilities available at the airport.
4. Jaisalmer Airport
The Jaisalmer airport is located approximately 17 km away from the town of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. At present, the airport operates as a part of the Indian Air Force base as its civil enclave. Although it does not have much traffic at the moment, it has seen operations by airlines such as Vayudoot and Kingfisher. It resumed its operations after being shut down (2015) in 2017 and at present, operates for an average of six to seven days a week to various cities including Kolkata, Goa, Delhi, Surat, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad among others. These flights are operated by SpiceJet and a few other airline operators.
5. Nal Airport Station (Bikaner Airport)
The Nal Airport Station is located at an approximate distance of 13 km from the city of Bikaner and is a civil enclave of the Indian Air Force. This enclave is operated by the Airports Authority of India. The airport has the capacity to hold 100 passengers and can hold two ATR - 72 aircraft. However, at present, it serves only two destinations, via flights operated by Air India, namely, New Delhi and Jaipur.