It is not until one steps into the beautiful Maafushi Island in the Maldives does one know how it feels like to stay in a slice of paradise on earth. Maafushi is one of those local Maldivian islands where people go to rejuvenate their fatigued souls and bask in the tranquillity that envelopes this tourist destination. The sudden change of pace from the hectic hustle of the city to the utter sense of serenity is something that is sure to soothe the anxious nerves and help people relax.
Nestled comfortably in the Southern Male Atoll, the Maafushi Island is large when compared to the rest of the islands situated in the atoll. Every year, this vacation spot welcomes a larger number of tourists, and to cater to their needs, Maafushi is dotted with intimate and cosy guesthouses, which are not only affordable but are also extremely comfortable. In addition to these snug guesthouses, Maafushi is home to a number of places to explore. From historical monuments to sandbars, from diving agencies to restaurants, the island invites you to embark on a smorgasbord of activities.
Be it a person who is looking for some quietude, or someone who wants to explore, the Maafushi Island has got everyone covered with its perfect balance of calm and adventure.
1. Water Activities: The little sandbar that is situated to the north of the island is the ideal place to be for those who wish to soak in a warm sunbath or participate in the exciting water sports, which include snorkelling, catamaran rides, and scuba diving, among others.
2. Snorkelling at Furafathi: Another sandbar, named Furafathi, is located to the west of the island and is one of the most famed snorkelling spots owing to the large schools of fish and colourful reefs that have found shelters here.
3. Lounge on the Beach: The Maldivian seascape is mesmerising and leaning back against one of the lounge chairs with a good book is sure to transfer you into a delightful world of your own.
4. Fishing: If you like fishing, then you should surely go for night fishing in Maafushi which is a popular and relaxing hobby and is sure to rid you of all your stress.
5. Enjoy Local Culture: Barbecue nights while witnessing the captivating cultural dance, Boduberu Show is also highly recommended.
Maafushi is one of the paradisiacal places which cast a spellbinding charm on people with their scenic beauty and pull them closer to them. It is one of those destinations that you are required to explore to fall head over heels in love with. For idyllic getaways perfectly balanced with a rush of excitement, there is hardly any place as enchanting as Maafushi Island in the Maldives.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free