Best Time for Skydiving in DallasKnown for having perfect weather all year-round, skydiving in Dallas is perfect to indulge in any time of the year. Dallas has a long warm-weather season and stunning countryside to float or fly over it, because of which, tens of thousands of adventure lovers skydive in Dallas every year.
5 Best Locations for Skydiving in Dallas
1. Dallas Skydive Center
“Shut up and jump!” is the motto of Dallas Skydive Center, and they take this very seriously. Nestled near Garland, Greenville, and Fort Worth areas, the landscape views around here are breathtaking. The dive is from 13,500 feet, and you will get to see views of the Dallas skyline, Greenville, Lake Ray Hubbard, Lake Tawakoni, and Rockwall. And if it’s a clear day, you may also see Fort Worth. If you’re into tandem skydive, you’ll get the best of highly experienced and professional tandem jump instructors. Apart from the tandem jump, one can also take part in group formation.
Address: 3517 Co Rd 2615, Caddo Mills, TX 75135Website: www.dallasskydivecenter.comTimings: Mon: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Wed - Fri: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Sat - Sun: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (closed on Mon)
2. Skydive Spaceland Dallas
Situated near the Dallas Fort Worth area, skydiving with Skydive Spaceland will take your breath away, while jumping out of the plane. The experienced staff and instructors will help calm your nervous jitters, keep you comfortable, and make you laugh with good humor. Views from the top as you jump are thrilling and amazing. The dive will give you a rush of adrenaline and give you high levels of dopamine. This third-generation family business also offers a skydiving training program for beginners, and also provides experienced divers a chance to jump.
Address: 1039 Private Rd 438, Whitewright, TX 75491Website: www.dallas.skydivespaceland.comTimings: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM; Sat - Sun: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
3. Dallas Tandem Skydiving
One of the best places to skydive in Dallas, Dallas Tandem Skydiving has experienced and friendly instructors. If you’re a newbie to skydiving, choosing this place will be the right decision. For a tandem jump, you get to jump from up to two miles high for about 45 seconds of freefall, at a speed of 120 MPH. This is the best way to explore the beauty of Dallas as you soar over the city and fly back to earth with your parachute.
Address: 100 Airport Drive Ennis Municipal Airport Terminal, Ennis, TX 75119Website: www.dallastandemskydiving.comTimings: Mon - Fri: 6:30 AM - 8:00 PM; Sat: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM; Sun: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
4. Skydive Dallas 35
One of the popular and top-rated skydiving centers in Dallas, Texas, Skydive Dallas 35 is the only skydiving center where the dive is from a height of 17,500 feet - among the highest in Dallas. This center caters to both licensed solo jumpers, as well as tandem first-time skydivers. The location boasts impressive vistas from the top when you dive.
Address: Hillsboro Municipal Airport, 1000 Airport Boulevard, Hillsboro, TX 76645
Timings: Sat-Sun: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM (closed on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu & Fri)
5. iFLY - Dallas & Fort Worth
This is a modern entertainment center offering indoor tunnel-based skydiving. Many tourists and pros enjoy spending time at this fun destination. The crew here is extremely courteous and supportive. They will give a detailed plan on things to do, what to do, how to do, and everything necessary, which will help you learn the basics of flying quickly. This area for indoor skydiving is spacious. The center gives skydiving experience for children over 3 years and also offers educational programs. They also offer discounts if it’s a large group, gift vouchers, and team-building events. This is the best place to get the experience and taste of real skydiving.
Address: 8380 TX-121, Frisco, TX 75034 and 663 NE Loop 820, Hurst, TX 76053
Timings: Wed - Sat: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Things to Note Before Skydiving in Dallas
1. You freefall at a speed of 120 MPH.Skydiving in Dallas is one of the most captivating experiences you can take part in. The experienced staff and coaches will make sure you get an experience of a lifetime. If you’re seeking an adrenaline rush and an adventure, then plan a trip to Dallas. Enchanting country landscapes across Dallas will make for a thrilling jump off the plane.
2. Like any other adventure activity or even a regular activity, nothing is 100% safe. But that being said, skydiving can be as safe as we can make it. Many of the reputed centers use high-quality line gear and hire well-trained and experienced instructors and pilots who train people with everything necessary, along with telling the safety procedures, which helps with keeping risks as low as possible.
3. In most places, you’ve to be 18 and older to skydive. So carry your IDs with you. And individuals need to sign a waiver to participate.
4. Depending on the center, you may be charged a small additional fee if you’re overweight. That standard weight limit is up to 265 pounds.
5. Skydiving isn’t cheap. And it shouldn’t be, considering if you want to have an experience of a lifetime. You must pay special attention to the reviews, what gears are used, how great the aircraft is, and how experienced the instructor is. When all the criteria are considered, skydiving can go up anywhere above 200 USD. But, if you want to save some money, consider going on a weekday or availing of a group discount.
6. Before skydiving, please make sure to disclose any health conditions you may have. And if you do have a medical condition, but your physician is okay with clearing you, bring a medical note along with your doctor’s medical credentials - medical license number, name, practice, etc. Depending on what your condition is, the center can still reserve the right to turn you away if they believe it can be a risk for the train, as well as for yourself.