The guide below will help you with all of the best spots for shopping in Dallas.
If you’re on the hunt for designer goods, then Galleria or Highland Park Village will work for you. If a boutique store is on your mind, then Grange Hall is your answer. What about vintage items? You can explore the vintage or antique haven at Lula B’s or Vintage Martini. Just make sure to carry extra baggage for all the souvenirs you’ll be taking home.
Malls in Dallas
1. Highland Park Village
On the lookout for high-quality clothes? Highland Park Village is the place to be! This outdoor shopping plaza is considered the first shopping centre in America. Explore the racks of luxurious stores such as Chanel, Balenciaga, Prada, and more. If you get tired of shopping, head to one of the many fancy dining options like Cafe Pacific, known for serving fresh seafood in Dallas for 30 years.
Address: 47 Highland Park Village, Dallas, TX 75205Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sun: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
2. Northpark Center
Featuring multiple retail and dining options, along with a theatre and art collection, Northpark Center covers an area of up to 2,000,000 square feet. Renowned as the top five shopping destinations in America, this shopping centre hosts over 230 retailers, including departmental stores and designer boutiques. You’ll find stores like Burberry, H&M, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Apple, and so many more. There’s also a virtual reality experience called Dreamscape Immersive.
Address: 8687 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75225Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM; Sun: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
3. Galleria Dallas
This four-levelled space is home to over 200 stores, a mix of major brand stores, departmental stores, and luxurious stores. You’ll find brands like Nordstrom, Macy’s American Girl, Gucci, and more. Along with this, you’ll also get plenty of dining options, an ice-skating rink, and a kid’s play area.
Address: 13350 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75240Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Sun: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
4. Grapevine Mills
An indoor mall featuring over 180 stores of entertainment, shopping, and dining options, Grapevine Mills is a perfect place where you can find fun for everyone. Some of the shops featured here are Ann Taylor Factory Store, Disney Outlet, J Crew, Forever 21, Neiman Marcus Last Call, and so many more. There are also dine-in theatres, cafes, Sea Life Aquarium, and LEGOLAND.
Address: 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine, TX 76051Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM; Sun: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Bookstores in Dallas
Book-lover or not? Everyone must visit this quaint little bookstore while in Dallas, especially for its warm, homely ambience. This place features over 1,200 books, including classic novels, fiction/nonfiction, poetry, children’s titles, and more. When you’re here, you can’t escape the cosy living room atmosphere, while also being surrounded by books, with a bar counter serving fresh pastries, snacks, and hot beverages. If you need something stronger, try the local or international wine, beers, or even a cocktail.
5. The Wild Detectives
Address: 314 W Eighth St, Dallas, TX 75208Timings: 10:00 AM - 00:00 AM (daily)
6. Deep Vellum BooksNestled in the neighbourhood of Deep Ellum lies a snug, independent bookstore called Deep Vellum Books. The slogan, “Coffee, Books, Culture” holds to the bookstore. Although there’s coffee on the slogan, don’t be surprised if you find mineral water and spirits on the menu, too. You may notice the bookstore's name to be familiar, as it comes from Deep Vellum Publishing, which is based in the same city as the bookstore, Dallas.
Address: 3000 Commerce St, Dallas, TX 75226Timings: Thurs - Sat: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM (closed on Sun, Mon, Tue & Wed)
Thrifts and Vintage Shopping in Dallas
7. Vintage MartiniEstablished in 1999, Vintage Martini offers the people of Dallas a range of vintage clothing and designer apparel, either on consignment or for purchase. As you stroll around the store, you’ll notice some of the famous brand names like Christian Dior and Oscar de la Renta, and you can even play dress-up like how they show in the movies. What’s more, the store owners offer personal styling, closet cleaning, and even fulfilling all inquiries you may have.
Address: 2923 N Henderson Ave suite a, Dallas, TX 75206Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sun: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
8. Lula B’sIf you want to purchase vintage or antique stuff, Lula B’s is the place to be. With two locations - Oak Leak and Design District in Dallas, this antique store features unique furniture, vintage clothes, artwork, trinkets, vinyl, and more. Also, Lula B’s was voted as the best antique or vintage furniture store, according to D Magazine, and that is a big deal!
Address: 1010 N Riverfront Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207Timings: Mon-Sat: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9. Dolly PythonWhoever said “antique” has to be traditional? Dolly Python’s owner Gretchen Bell doesn’t believe so. Her focus, when it comes to the store, is to feature only non-traditional antiques. This store was once an old grocery store that’s been renovated into a carefully selected vintage store. While here, you’ll find a rack full of retro outfits to artworks from the Americana and Victorian era. And to add the true Texas touch, the store wouldn’t be complete without a huge collection of cowboy boots.
Address: 1916 N Haskell Ave., Dallas, TX 75204Timings: Mon - Sat: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Shopping Streets in Dallas
10. Design DistrictBack in the days' Design District functioned as a warehouse district, but it’s been transformed into a vibrant and growing community that focuses on creativity. Renowned as the “it” district by the New York Times in 2012, the Design District of Dallas features many restaurants, urban lifestyle, art galleries, and showrooms. You’ll find almost everything in this neighbourhood - from restaurants like Pakpao Thai to museums like Dallas Contemporary Museum, and high-end shopping stores such as Front Door Fashion and Prashe. The Design District is stretched out over miles and miles of space. So before heading there, have a set plan of action.
Address: 1519 Hi Line Dr, Dallas, TX 75207
11. Park LaneNestled in the heart of midtown Dallas, you’ll find multiple stores in Park Lane that believe in smart luxury, where it’s not about getting your hands on luxurious labels for discounted prices. The focus at Park Lane is about hand-selecting brands that add a unique experience regarding shopping and entertainment. Shoppers can get designer apparel at great values from outlets like Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, and Bloomingdale’s, among others. There are also live bands that are hosted outdoors of Park Lane. Along with this, there are restaurants, bars, and local organic markets here, as well.
Address: Park Ln, Dallas, TX
Boutiques in Dallas
Need some inspiration for home decor? Or want to give your loved one jewellery? Whatever your need is: apothecary, floral arrangements, home decor, handbags, and jewellery, Grange Hall has it all! Exuding a goth vibe, this place houses some of the most bizarre gifts, too. There’s also an on-site cafe here where you can satiate your cravings after you shop.
12. Grange Hall
Address: 4445 Travis St, Dallas, TX 75205Timings: Mon - Sat: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (closed on Sunday)
13. Commerce Goods + SupplySituated in the Adolphus Hotel, Commerce Goods + Supply is an elegant boutique store that beautifully blends Texas's style from the past and present. Visitors can shop for luxurious bags, attire, home decor items, jewellery, toys, and many other stellar accessories.
Address: 1321 Commerce St, Dallas, TX 75202Timings: Wed - Sun: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (closed on Mon & Tue)
Luxury Shopping in Dallas
14. Neiman Marcus
One of the best luxury department stores in Texas, Neiman Marcus, was established in 1907 and has since become an integral part of Dallas's shopping culture. Stanley Marcus took over his father's family business and converted it into the store that you’d see today. Visitors get to experience excellent customer service, along with fashion couture that’s been shipped in from fashion capitals such as Milan, New York, and Paris. At the store, you’ll find ready-to-wear items that are straight from the runways, and brands like Alice + Olivia, and Vince, among others.
Where: Multiple locations
14. Forty-Five TenThe flagship store, Forty-Five Ten, is set across Joule Hotel on Main Street. This store is home to custom textiles, fancy art, Knoll design firm’s furniture. Visitors can get the best designer collections for both men and women, along with beauty and home products from Tokyo, New York, and other global places.
Address: 1615 Main St, Dallas, TX 75201Where: Mon - Thurs: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Fri - Sat: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Music Stores in Dallas
15. Josey RecordsRecognized as the best record store in Dallas, according to D Magazine, Josey Records is a 15,000-square-feet store full of records, where you will find all your all-time favourites. The inventory at the store is handpicked by some of the most respected record finders in Dallas. If you’re travelling on a budget, consider yourself lucky, as you’ll find records that are as low as 1 USD. The store also hosts weekend DJ shows and live performances. Also, you’ll be listening to the oldest, greatest, and even the latest records constantly spinning on the turntables.
Address: 2821 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #100, Farmers Branch, TX 75234Timings: Mon - Thu: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM; Fri - Sat: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM; Sun: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Niche Shopping in Dallas
16. Wild Bill’s Western Store
Nestled in downtown Dallas, Wild Bill’s Western Store is popular for supplying authentic apparels like western gear to iconic celebrities like Mick Jagger and Elton John, and even to the TV series (Dallas) cast. Here, you will find wallets, cowboy hats, clothing, and handcrafted boots. Along with this, make sure to get your hands on the kitschy Texas souvenirs and the free beer.
Address: 311 N Market St #101, Dallas, TX 75202Timings: Mon - Thur: 11:00 AM - 6:30 PM; Fri - Sat: 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM; Sun: 12:00 pm - 6:00 PM
Family and Kids Stores in Dallas
17. CampIf you’re travelling with a family, make sure to add Camp to your list of shopping needs, while in Dallas. The New York-based retailer is an amazing wonderland for kids. Set within 13,000-square foot space, this toy shop offers everything from a disco room, books, games, treehouse, and so many more to keep your kids occupied with. Many activities occur throughout the day, for example, storytime, yoga, magic shows, etc.
Address: The Hill, 9830 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75231Timings: Sun - Thurs: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Fri - Sat: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Flea Markets in Dallas
18. First Monday Trade Days
One of the country’s largest and the oldest flea markets, First Monday Trade Days is set in a 100-acre space, hosting around 5,000 dealers, stalls, and pavilions. You’ll find everything from apparel, trinkets, jewellery, crafts, vintage items, and much other stuff you’re looking for. Although the name suggests First Monday, the actual main event occurs on a Thursday and goes until Sunday, before the first Monday of each month. Just be prepared to bargain a little, here and there.
Address: 800 1st Monday Ln, Canton, TX 75103Whatever your shopping needs are, Dallas has plenty of stores, malls, and markets that will have your needs met easily. Now that you know where to go shopping, what’s on your list of things to shop for?