1. Nong Buak Haad ParkSituated on the south-western side of the historic city of Chiang Mai, the Nong Buak Haad Park has a beautiful setting where one can enjoy the serene settings. Every corner of the garden has been designed artistically with numerous seasonal flower displays, lawned areas, food stalls, and water features. Whether you wish to enjoy a picnic with your family or sit back and relax, the Nong Buakhad Park provides endless opportunities for that.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: Arak Rd, Tambon Phra Sing, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2. Bhubing Palace ParkLocated a few kilometres away from the Doi Suthep temple is the Bhubing Palace or the royal winter residence where the royal family of Chiang Mai used to stay when visiting the North of Thailand during the seasonal visits. The palace also serves as the royal guest house for notable visitors from abroad. One of the major attractions here is the rose garden referred to as Suan Suwaree while one can also find a lot of other species of plants including ferns, camellias, giant bamboos, colourful orchids and more. The garden is filled with a plethora of plants and flowers which along with the fresh breeze from the hilltop makes the experience memorable.
Timings: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Doi Buak Ha | Suthep Subdistrict, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Entry Fee: THB 50
In addition to visiting the park, consider driving three kilometres up to the Wat Doi Kham temple from where you can get stunning views of the garden and its surrounding spots.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Location: Nong Kwai, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Adults - THB 200
Children - THB 150
Timings: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: 9 Mae Raem, Amphoe Mae Rim, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand
Adults - THB 100
Children - THB 50
5. Buak Hard ParkThe Suan Buak Hard remains tucked into the old city’s southwest corner is a sizeable park with a relatively large pond in the middle that remains surrounded by grass on all sides. The paved path around the park is excellent for jogging and even has markings every 50 metres, so you know exactly how far you have gone. Near the entrance of the park, one can find numerous food stalls while a few vendors can also be found renting out rattan mats for people who wish to enjoy a picnic. The park can be a busy spot on weekends and in the evenings when the locals come to play and relax.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: Amphoe Mae Rim, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand
6. Kanchanapisek ParkSituated not far from the Buak Hart Park is the Kanchanapisek Park built to commemorate the King’s 50th anniversary of the ascension to the throne. The park might not be as popular as the Buak Hart but is an excellent choice for people who wish to avoid the crowd. A small stream makes its way through the park and several ornamental bridges are made across it. Aside from the paved path, there’s also a pavilion making it an excellent place for a picnic.
Timings: Not Available
Location: Mahidon Road, Hai Ya, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
7. The Elephant Rescue ParkThe elephant rescue park in Chiang Mai is the place where you would learn about elephants and the care and respect that they need and deserve. Elephants here are treated with absolute respect and kindness and by visiting; you will have a chance to be a part of something extraordinary. The park works with the primary objective of offering a safe and loving environment for the elephants that stay here. People visiting would have the chance to walk with these gentle giants, feed them, bathe with them, play with them and hug them. All the money that is raised through these activities goes back to the elephants living there and towards rescuing more.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PMThe above-listed parks in Chiang Mai are some of the best spots to spend some joyous time with family and friends. Whether you are a resident or are travelling there, these parks and gardens have something for everyone so that you can have some much-needed fun.
Location: 24 Ratchamanka Rd, Tambon Phra Sing, Amphoe Mueang, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Entry Fee: THB 4, 500