1. IM CafeHead over to IM Cafe for a late breakfast or early lunch. The place serves splendid Western and Thai dishes and also has some of the best coffee in the city. Located next to a car wash, it's not difficult to locate this quaint cafe in Chiang Mai. There's a wide range of freshly brewed caffeinated drinks to choose from - iced coffee and delicious caramel macchiatos served in mason jars - which pair along well with butter cookies or croissants.
Address: 451 Moo 1, Th Ratchapruek
Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
2. The GiantA long drive in Chiang Mai will yield rewards. You will come across The Giant when you take a stroll in the Mae On the region, a cafe cum treehouse. Hidden in a dense jungle, the cafe is surrounded by gigantic trees. A lofted platform is connected by two suspended bridges on which you will see a bar, chairs, and table made purely out of wood. Sit on any of the "bird's nest" table to enjoy the panoramic view of nature. This cafe in Chiang Mai is more about the ambience and the coffee than the food so don't get disappointed upon seeing the limited menu.
Address: Baan Pok village, Huaykaew, Mae On, Chiang Mai province
Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
3. Camp MeatingLooking for a luxurious beachside barbeque with freshly brewed coffee? Head over to Camp Meating for its one of a kind coffee, food, and ambience. The sandy area decorated with beautiful fairy lights and tents is a treat for the eyes. Cuddle up with your loved one on a picnic mat and spend an evening full of friendly conversations and laughter, and an aromatic cup of coffee. You can also choose from a vast menu of dishes such as chicken and lamb to couple with your drink. All of this with live music in the background make up the perfect evening at this cafe in Chiang Mai.
Address: Don Kaeo, Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
Timings: 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
4. Clay Studio CafeTucked in a secret garden, surrounded by high bricked walls is Clay Studio Cafe, an outdoor cafe in Chiang Mai with the ideal ambience to have coffee in. You will notice statues of Buddha and elephants are placed on the ground which adds to its natural beauty. This is the place to be for a nice iced coffee on a sunny Thai afternoon. If you are into art, the cafe also has intriguing art pieces for sale to add it to your collection.
Address: 36 Prapokkloa Rd, Tambon Phra Sing, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai
Timings: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
5. Cargo CafeThe entrance to Cargo Cafe is more like a time machine back to the past. The cafe's interiors are that of a 1950s American diner with vintage bikes and cars in the setting and a black and white tiled floor. Old gas pumps and gumball machines add to its theme. It's the ideal place to click artsy pictures and show it off on the 'gram. The best meal to have here is a waffle paired with your choice of coffee.
Address: Nong Han, San Sai District, Chiang Mai
Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
6. Kouen Coffee & BistroIf authentic Japanese cuisine is what you are after, head over to Kouen Coffee & Bistro, a Zen-inspired tea house. There's an outdoor garden with white lilies and also boasts a rock garden and a pond. Perfect to take a walk after a hearty meal. Choose from their vast menu which includes sushi, tempura, sashimi, miso soup, and more. They have a good drinks menu with all classic coffees and some with a modern twist.
Address: 104 moo6 Chiangmai-lampoon road Chiang Mai
Timings: 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM
7. Baan Mon MuanLocated on a mountain-top, Cafe Baan Mon Muan is where you will witness spectacular sunset while having a mouthwatering meal. Sit on the outdoor deck with couches built over the jungle which offer beautiful, and offers gorgeous, unobstructed views of the farmland and hillside. Succulent seafood and local Thai food are what you will find on the menu, along with a range of coffees.
Address: 175 Moo 2, T. Pyongyang, A. Mae Rim, Chiang Mai
Timings: 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM
8. Woo Cafe & Art GalleryTrue to its name, this cafe in Chiang Mai will woo you with its chic and stylish setting. It is the type of place you visit for hours to catch up with a friend or finish that long due book. The interiors are designed with shelves full of plants, reflecting a tranquil vibe. To add to the cafe's pros is the fact that you can browse through their beautiful art gallery while you wait for your order. To drink, order from a range of organic coffee options and pair it with a sandwich. A simple, yet a classy meal.
Address: 80 Charoenrat Road, Watergate, Muang Chiangmai, Chiang Mai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
9. Phuffin in the LakeLocated on a calm lake, just a short distance outside Chaing Mai is where you can have a cup of java sitting on a hammock over a lake. The surroundings are as peaceful and calm as they can get. There's the charm in its simple interiors, made up of Bamboo. If you don't wish to sit outside on a hammock, fret not. There's seating available inside too with a similar setting. When at Phuffin in the lake. Experiment with their local cuisine food and a cup of joe to satiate the caffeine cravings.
Address: San Phak Wan, Hang Dong District, Chiang Mai 50100
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
10. Anna Farm & EateryAnna Farm & Eatery provides you with a gorgeous view of rice fields stretching out as far as your eyes can see. Unwind on a bean bag while overlooking lakes, trees, and mountains The wooden platforms outside have low tables and bean bags, providing ultimate comfort while you overlook the ponds, lakes, tree, and mountains that border the cafe. Order from a bunch of Thai items and sip on coffee in Chiang Mai made up from naturally grown beans and enjoy nature in its purest form.
Address: Mae Sa, Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
11. The Barn Eatery & DesignWhat was once a barn is now converted into a cosy eatery. Having high windows and ceilings, this cafe in Chiang Mai is spacious and airy, perfect for a coffee date on a sunny afternoon. With its laid-back ambience, the place attracts teenagers in large numbers. The one of a kind decor sets this place apart from other coffee houses. Order from their wide selection of local and multinational cuisines and indulge in memorable conversations with your squad.
Address: Srivichai Soi 5, Thesaban Nakhon Chiang Mai, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
12. Fahtara CoffeeAre you an early bird who wants coffee just after waking up? Fahtara Coffee which starts serving brews from the break of the day is just your kind of place. This cafe in Chiang Mai serves delicious coffees and fresh fruit juices, just the kind of things you would want for a fulfilling breakfast. Choose from their vast breakfast menu - eggs benedict, whole grain toast, muesli - and eat surrounded by lush greenery.
Address: 57, 57/1 Wiang Kaew Road At the corner of Jhaban Road Sripoom, A. Muang Chiang Mai
Timings: 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
13. Chom CafeStraight out of a fairytale book, the Chom Cafe looks magical, literally. Take a stroll in the garden, and you will feel transported into the world of Alice in the Wonderland. Surrounding this cafe in Chiang Mai, are gorgeous sights of rocks, mist, and a beautiful waterfall. Dress your best as an impromptu photoshoot is bound to happen. The stunning scenery comes with a varied menu - salads, fish, chicken wings and more to choose from. They also serve locally grown coffee and several other drinks.
Address: 2/13 Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi Rd
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
14. Galae RestaurantHaving lunch with colourful flowers in the background sounds like a perfect meal, and you can experience this at the Galae restaurant. Indulge in a cup of java and Thai delicacies like soups, curries, and fishcakes while feasting your eyes on the blooms nearby a lake. A content lunch followed by a stroll through the beautiful flower garden will make up your afternoon. Experiment with their signature chicken dish "Gai Galae" a well known throughout Chiang Mai that will take your taste buds on a joy ride.
Address: 65 Suthep Rd, Muang, Chiang Mai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
15. Khao Mao -Khao FangIndulge in a romantic dinner with the backdrop of a waterfall. With options for dining under the falls or nearby the lake, it's no wonder that the restaurant is rated the best for its ambience. While there's not much to choose from the menu, it's Thai and Asian cuisine dishes are worth trying. A shot of espresso would match along well with the food. Although the dishes are priced on the costlier side, it's worth it - given the views, this cafe in Chiang Mai has got to offer.
Address: Ratchapruek Rd, Tambon Nong Kwai, Amphoe Hang Dong, Chang Wat Chiang Mai
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Contributing to the tranquil vibes of Chiang Mai is the abundance of coffee shops serving the right kind of joes. There's one at every corner, so you are spoilt with choice. Pick a cafe in Chiang Mai of your choice from this list, specially curated for all coffee lovers out there to re-caffeinate yourself while also exploring the city.