Read this article to know about 12 most exciting ways to kick start your New Year in Seattle.
1. Head to Ivar’s Salmon House for a festive dinner on New Year’s EveThere is nothing more satisfying than a festive dinner with live music and a pretty view of fireworks on a New Year’s Eve, and surely, Ivar’s Salmon House offers the same to kick start your new year. Amidst vintage ambience and historical décor are a perfect dining space neighbouring Lake Union and Seattle’s Skyline. Witness the beautiful light works at Seattle Centre away from the crowd in relaxed surroundings with live music and delicious food at Ivar’s Salmon House. Don’t forget to pre-book your tables for a perfect holiday meal and entertainment line-up to celebrate the new year in Seattle.
Where: - 401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle, WA 98105, United States
Timings: - 8:00 PM – 3:00 AM
2. Experience the extravagant fireworks at Space NeedleSpace Needle, one of Seattle’s iconic structures, illuminates the city with colourful lights and mesmerising fireworks, giving a memorable start to the New Year. From the last 20 years, the Space Needle attracts thousands of spectators with 2000 pyrotechnic items for an enthralling experience. Either in the Space Needle or from any neighbouring surroundings, watch the extravagant firework at Space Needle on New Year’s eve.
Where: - 400 Broad St, Seattle, WA 98109
Timings: - 11:45 PM
3. Visit Seattle Centre on New year’s Eve
The New Year Party at Seattle Centre is the largest celebration in the city which hosts two grand parties converging together at midnight for glorious fireworks as a mark of celebration for New year in Seattle. Live music, huge crowds, delicious food and lighted sky, enhance the party experience at the Seattle Centre. Due to the large crowd attracted towards New Year’s celebration, the tickets are often sold out quickly; hence, reserve your seats before for a grand and memorable experience at Seattle Centre.
Where: - 305 Harrison St, Seattle, WA 98109, United States
Ticket Price: - USD 125 - USD 250
4. Enjoy the view of the city at Sky View Observatory
Imagine a 360-degree view of the city on Seattle’s tallest building on a New Year’s Eve. Exciting? Sky View Observatory is an appropriate place for witnessing the same. Feel the city’s festive vibe viewing fireworks at the Space Needle, grab a drink, and enjoy the delicious appetizers as you welcome the New Year. Seats are available at Sky View Observatory on a first-come, first-serve basis; hence rush to the place before it reaches the full capacity.
Where: - Columbia Center, 701 5th Ave, Seattle, WA, USA
Ticket Price: - USD 15 - USD 25
5. Put your dancing shoes for New Year’s Eve party at Resolution
The city's resolution, grand electronic music, and dance party witnessed a huge crowd dancing on the DJ floor for hours, bringing a lively feel on the New Year eve. WAMU theatre organises Resolution party at New Year’s Eve and only allows the guest above the age of 18 to enter the party. Dazzle around the bars in the Resolution party of Seattle on the New Year’s Eve.
Where: - 800 Occidental Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134, United States
6. Attend a Jam Session at Slammin’ Jammin’ New Year’s Party
The Slammin’ Jammin’ New Year’s Party is hosted in Doubletree Hotel Suites in Southcenter which glares up the city with hip hop, jazz, rhythm and blues music. Several packages are available for the New Year’s party in the venue for food and drinks. The brownie point for Slammin’ Jammin’ party is the nearby hotel available which can be pre-booked for a stay after the amazing musical party.
Where: - 16500 Southcenter Pkwy, Seattle, WA 98188, United States
7. Experience the Dazzled lights at LUSIO
A mesmerising and beautiful start to New Year in Seattle can be experienced at LUSIO, a light exhibition which goes for 45 nights starting from December, 1st every year. Hop into different light art exhibits by local artists and witness the most unique yet artistic New Year celebration in Pioneer Square, Seattle.
Where: Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
8. Go for a Yacht ride to Celebrate New Year amidst an Alluring RiverPlanning to enjoy New Year’s Eve amidst the relaxing sound of water waves in a yacht, then Gatsby’s Yacht in Seattle is a perfect choice. A 20s theme party with complimentary food and open bar makes it worth attending. Moreover, the live music and fireworks around the river make the experience more enchanting on a new year’s eve.
Ticket Price: - USD 200 - USD 600
9. Grab a seat at the Moisture FestivalA fundraiser New Year’s event in Seattle, Moisture Festival hosts New Year’s Eve Extravaganza for raising money to organise a spring festival. Welcome, New Year with a dash of laughter and various athletic shows by different local artists. Enjoy a variety of performances by iconic stars like Avner the Eccentric, The Family Affair, Godfrey Daniels, Lamonte among others for a kick start to the new beginnings.
Where: - Hale’s Palladium, 4301 Leary Way NW, Seattle, WA, USA
10. Make your way towards Benaroya Hall for a musical New Year’s EveA concert by great musicians in Benaroya Hall of Seattle can be a perfect way to ring in New Year differently. A sophisticated and classic ambience around the hall with piano beats and performance of artists like Tony DeSare, New Year’s Eve at Benaroya Hall concert is one of the must attending events. Enjoying a glass of wine along with the food and music makes it more interesting.
Where: - Benaroya Hall, 200 University St, Seattle, WA, USA
11. Kick Start the New Year in glitzy parties hosted by Seattle’s bars
Seattle is famous for its glamorous and dazzling bars around the city, hosting various amazing New Year parties. Hop into various bars like Raygun Lounge, Kessler’s, Speckled & Drake, Bar Sue, Sam’s Tavern, among others to experience Seattle's party fun. Raise a toast for the New Year, enjoy the drink, dance on the hip hop beats and welcome the New Year in Seattle’s style.
12. Ring in the New Year with family at Pacific Science Centre
Pacific Science Centre organises an educational and lively event on New Year’s Eve, SPECTRA. Neighboured by Seattle Centre, Pacific Science Centre is a hub for families to celebrate New Year’s Eve educationally. Exotic animals, robots, glam buildings, drink and a lot of food accompanied by live music enhances the fun at the venue. Moreover, SPECTRA offers special entertainment to the visitors with special events and the view of the fireworks of the Space Needle from the spot.
Where: - 200 2nd Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, United StatesDazzle up your New Year’s Eve in Seattle as it can offer a lot of festivals, events and parties for welcoming the New Year!!