Weather In The Maldives in MarchWith March comes optimum temperature of 29 degrees which can peak up to 31 degrees celsius with very less or no rainfall. The Island receives sunlight for over 10 hours a day. With improving aqua visibility, the Island becomes all the more ideal for water adventures such as scuba diving and snorkelling. The steady ocean winds bring cool breezes throughout the season, thus creating the perfect surf-waves.
Things To Do in the Maldives in MarchWhen you are visiting the Maldives, you can plan/organise your trip according to your personal preference. Below are a few options that you can try:
1. Water Sports TourThis tour comprises of diving and snorkelling at some of the popular diving sites across the archipelago. Some of the best places are in Ari atoll, Baa atoll, Neilvaru Haa, Dhonfanu Thila.Witness some of the world's most beautiful coral islands and some exotic marine life such as Manta rays, hammerhead sharks, parrotfish, whale sharks etc. For adventure-seekers, there are plenty of water sports activities available such as jet skiing, water skiing, parasailing, motor-boat riding and surfing.
These are the everyday activities that the tourists indulge themselves in. Don't worry if you are not a pro; these activities have different sites for beginner, intermediate and pro. The trainers are professionals with years of training and experience. These tours can be wholly guided tours if you wish so.
2. Spa ToursThe Maldives is known to be an exotic tropical island which is a much-picked relaxing getaway. These authentic spa treatments have come after centuries of ancient traditions and customs.
Spa treatments are not only traditional but are luxurious facilities as well. The Maldives is one of the few countries in the world to provide underwater spa treatment. Some of the famous spas are:
- Ayurvedic spa
- Churna Kizhi Massage
- Thai massage
Other than these, there are multiple luxurious resorts in the country where you will be taken for an underwater spa treatment while you witness some awe-striking aquatic marine life.
3. Historic Site ToursThe tourism industry is the leading economic industry in the Maldives, and the Maldivian history is one of the pillars of the country's economy. So, if you are planning to sightsee, there are some historical places in the Maldives that you should visit:
- The British War Memorial
- Kandu valu mosque:
- Thoddoo Buddhist temple
- Kalhu Vakaru Mosque
- Friday Mosque
- Utheem Ganduvaru
- National Art Gallery
- Tsunami Monument
- Maldives Beach Tour
The beaches in the Maldives are paradise on earth. So if you are planning for a vacation to the Maldives in March, add this too onto your bucket list. Some of the best beach visits would include Hulhumale Beach, Bikini Beach, Veligandu island Beach, Cocoa island beaches, Nika island beach, Reethi beach.
4. Enjoy A Private Sandbank PicnicThe Private Sandban Picnic is a unique experience, where visitors could witness beautiful sandbanks through a private boat. With a view of coral reefs and white sandbanks, the ocean would provide you with a great picnic spot along with complimentary snorkelling experiences.
5. Take A Traditional Dhoni Sunset CruiseThe sunset cruise is one of the most highlighted aspects of the trip. If you are on the Traditional Dhoni Sunset Cruise in the Maldives, as the name suggests, you will stand a chance to witness the most beautiful sunset over the Indian ocean. If you are lucky enough you can spot hundreds of spinner dolphins somersaulting right next to your boat.
6. Explore Como Cocoa IslandThis island is no doubt one of the beautiful places on the planet. It is also a great honeymoon destination offering multiple resorts and water villas.
How to Pack for the Maldives in MarchMarch is considered to be the perfect season to travel to the Maldives as it is neither rainy or too hot. The temperature remains at almost 29 degrees Celsius and hardly peaks. The Island remains windy with cool breezes of air and is less humid. So, if you are planning to visit the Maldives during March, here are some of the things that you should keep in your backpack.
1. Light cotton garmentsAlthough the Island remains bright throughout the day, it does not get too hot. So pack a few comfortable cotton clothes.
2. Smart evening wearHave something good to wear as you will be visiting some beautiful places like sunset cruise which is best enjoyed in the evening.
3. SwimwearSwimwear is not a necessity as there are lots of shops that provide you with rental surfboards and swimwear. It is advisable to carry swimwear that is appropriate to the Maldivian law as swimwear is prohibited in some of the beaches. Ensure to research thoroughly.
4. Comfortable FootwearIf you are planning to visit the beaches, make sure to pack a pair of flip flops. Carry comfortable shoes if you are planning to go on a walking tour in the Maldives.
5. Sunscreens or LotionsCarry sunscreen with you according to your skin type. Ensure that your sunscreen is eco-friendly as the Maldives is a country that is protecting corals and aquatic life on its borders.
Safety in the MaldivesThe Maldives is considered to be a safe place for both solo and group travel. No major assaults on tourists have been reported as of yet. Possession of illegal drugs, weaponry, ammunition, firearms are strictly prohibited and can cause severe penalties and life imprisonment. Since it is a Muslim country, alcohol is strictly prohibited by the law; however, there are quite a few resorts and restaurants serving alcohol under permit. Dress appropriately according to local norms and religious beliefs.
This was all about the essentials needed while on a March tour to the Maldives. Let us know what your plans for your Maldives in March vacay!