Listed below are some of the best golf courses in Batam.
1. Batam Hills Golf ResortThis is a 72 par, 18-hole course that is a part of Waterfront City Resort and also has high-quality Bermuda Tifdwarf grass. It is considered to be one of the most luxurious as well as the most challenging golf course in Batam. If you want to bring your colleagues to a relaxed atmosphere for some time, the resort offers meeting rooms as well. It has hosted many events such as Batam Golf Adventure 2018 and The 176th SRO Golf competition.
Clubhouse Facilities: Driving range, golf buggy, a restaurant with lots of variety, a lounge and locker rooms.
Week days: IDR 16,82,210 =INR 8,202.14 =USD 118
Weekend : IDR 22,20,940 = INR 10,784 = USD 155.67 (online booking available)
Cancellation Charges: Free Cancellation until done 72 hours before play.
Location: Diponegoro Street, Kav. 24, Sei Teeming, Batam
Timings: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
2. Tamarin Santana Golf ClubA 36 par 9-hole golf course in Batam, it has been designed by American golfing legend Jack Nicklaus. It has good accessibility and transport facilities thanks to the course being located only five minutes away from the international ferries. The lush green terrain of this golf course in Batam has been deemed challenging by many with various water hazards and bunkers. If you are not a regular player, you can rent or buy your own equipment and shoes on campus. It is also the host of many local and international tournaments. It also has halls for conferences and weddings for up to 100 guests.
Clubhouse Facilities: Caddies, golf carts and driving range.
Prices: Available on call or via Email
Location: Jl. Hang Lekiu, Sambau, Batam, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau
Timings: 5:00 AM - 7:30 PM
3. Southlinks Country Club Yet another 18-hole, 6308-metre long championship golf course, it was designed by Japanese architect Hisamitsu Ohnishi who is renowned for designing world-class golf courses in Japan. It is one of the most beautiful and luxurious golf courses in Batam. With a spectacular view of the coastline, this place is definitely worth a visit. It boasts of a traditional Japanese Bath. It also has multiple restaurants and gathering spaces for meetings and functions.
Clubhouse Facilities: Driving range, golf carts, chalets for guest on a reservation basis, a relaxing palm spa and sports massages.
Prices: IDR 1,200,000 =INR 5,843 =USD 84 (online booking available)
Location: Tiban Indah, Sekupang, Kota Batam.
Timings: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM (on Monday 11 AM - 7 PM)
4. Padang Golf Sukajadi It is an 18-hole, 72 par championship golf course in Batam which opened in the year 2009. Having been rated as the second-best golf course in the 2014 issue of the Golf Digest Singapore, one can be sure to have a top-notch golfing experience. The club is easily accessible due to its location in the heart of Batam city. It is located a few minutes from both the airport and also the International Ferry terminal of Batam. The golf course has an impressive 240 rooms and suites for guests.
Clubhouse Facilities: Driving range, a restaurant open from 6 am to 8 pm, a pro shop with various brands, swimming pool and massage from 9 am to 6 pm
Prices: IDR 10,52,761 = INR 5,126 = USD 74 (online booking available)
Cancellation Charges: Free Cancellation if it is done 48 hours before tee time after that only half the amount will be refunded.
Location: Sukajadi, Kec. Batam Kota, Kota Batam
Timings: 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
5. Palm Springs Golf and Country Club This golf course in Batam opened in the year 1989 under the name Talvas Golf & Country Club. In 2002, it was expanded to have 27 holes and was renamed to the current. It is a par 36 course with the length of 2739 metres and was designed by Larry Nelson. It recently hosted the Bridgestone Amateur. One can choose from 3 different combination courses namely Palm Course, Island Course and Resort Course. Madasamy Murugiah, the president of The Singapore Professional Golfers' Association, has himself testified for the fine quality of this course.
Clubhouse Facilities: Trained caddies services, driving range, locker rooms, restaurant, pro shop and a meeting room, accommodation for guests and practice facilities.
Prices: Weekday IDR 15,36,030 =INR 7,480 =USD 108
Location: Hang Lekiu, Sambau, Kec. Nongsa, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau
Timings: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
6. Tering Bay Golf and Country Club This golf course in Batam has been designed by the legendary golfer and designer Greg Norman. A par 72 course with 18 holes, it is spread across a lavish 167 hectare. It has many holes surrounded by water hazards and will leave you with a memorable yet challenging experience. It hosted the monthly Society of Singapore Golfers competition in October 2018 and will be holding the World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) from 30 June 2019 to 3 July 2019.
Clubhouse Facilities: Golf carts and caddy services, practice facilities and transport to the ferry.
Prices: IDR 10,02,767 =INR 4884 =USD 70
Cancellation Charges: Free Cancellation if it is done 48 hours before tee time after that only half of the amount will be refunded.
Location: Hang Lekiu KM. 4, Nongsa, Sambau, Kec. Batam Kota, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau
Timings: 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
7. Indah Puri Golf Resort
The management also has a rain check policy to prevent any inconvenience for their guests in case of bad weather. There are also packages available which will take you directly from the ferry to the course.
Clubhouse Facilities: Accommodation, golf carts, caddies and practice facilities.These golf courses in Batam will be the cherry on top to your experience in Batam and Indonesia and these are some of the best options you can choose from.
Prices: IDR 1,491,157 =INR 7276 =USD 105 (online booking available)
Cancellation Charges: Will be mentioned in the booking confirmation details.
Location: West Coast of Batam
Timings: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM