1. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), MumbaiPreviously known as the Sahar International Airport, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the primary international airport serving the Mumbai Metropolitan Area. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is located in Vile Parle, Mumbai. The airport has two terminals. One for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport is the second busiest airport in India after the Delhi airport.
The airport has flights to almost all destinations across the world. Every day, there is a record of minimum 851 flight movements. There are non-stop flights from Mumbai to New York, London, Dubai, Paris and Switzerland. Other flights are usually connecting flights with a stop at the Delhi International airport. There are many domestic flights as well as flying to all states in India multiple times a day.
The airport offers various facilities that include banks and ATMs, forex, car parking, medical centre, free Wi-Fi and lounge for rests. There are various pickup points for the arriving passengers. The airport also has a taxi/cab, and rickshaw stands for passengers to make avail of. Other than that, the passengers can take BEST buses from the airport to various destinations. From the domestic terminal, bus 312 commutes to Vile Parle East and Andheri east railway station. And from T2 (international terminal), one can take buses 308 for Andheri east railway station and bus 321 for Vile Parle East railway station. There is also an option of booking your own car on the car rental page from the airport website.
2. Pune International Airport (PNQ), PunePune International Airport (PNQ), located approximately 10 km from Pune City, handles domestic as well as international flights. The airport is situated on New Airport Rd, in Lohegaon, Pune. There are only a limited number of flights available from Pune. They include flights to Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Kolkata, Imphal, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Lucknow, Sri Nagar, Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt and Dubai. There are many prepaid cab and auto rickshaw services, buses, private cars and even rentals available at the airport. The parking charges at the airport are INR 85 per hour and INR 330 per day
3. Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport (NAG), NagpurNamed after B. R. Ambedkar, the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport (NAG) is an international airport serving the city of Nagpur. The airport is located in Sonegaon, Nagpur. The airport has flights to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune Doha, Bangkok, Dubai, Singapore, Sharjah and Jeddah. The airport has three terminals. T1 for domestic flights, T2 for international flights and the third terminal is a cargo terminal.
The airport is 5.9 kilometres away from the Kalol bus stop in Nagpur. It is 9.5 Kilometers away from Nagpur railway station. The passengers also have the option of booking a cab or hiring a rental service. The airport has many shops, restaurants and lounges as well.
4. Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Airport (NDC), NandedShri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Airport (NDC) in Nanded is a domestic airport that remained under-developed for many years and had flights by only Vayudoot. Later there was more expenditure induced on the airport, and currently, it is being developed.
An entirely new terminal was built in 2008. The new terminal building has, VIP lounge and suite, snooze cabins, snacks counter, gift shops, travel desk and car parking. The airport has flights to two destinations, namely Mumbai and Hyderabad. Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji airport provides parking space of 3500 sq. m area. The parking options are safe and secure and have the fastest access to the main road. Taxis are easily available from and around the airport.
5. Akola Airport (AKD)The Akola airport is a public, domestic airport. It had airlines like Vayudoot and Span Aviation operating in the past. Reliance Airport Developers are currently developing the airport. There are regular flights from Mumbai to Akola. Taxi Rental facility is easily available at the airport.
6. Aurangabad Airport (IXU)Aurangabad Airport, situated 5.5 kilometres away from the city centre, is a public airport with only domestic flights flying to Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Tirupati. The airport has reserved lounge, restaurant, snack counters, airline office, first aid centre and car parking. There is also easy availability of public transport around the airport.
7. Shirdi Airport (SAG)The Shirdi Airport is located in the village of Kakadi in Maharashtra, just 14 kilometres from the popular Shrine of Sai Baba. The airport was inaugurated on the 1st of October 2017 by the President. Air Alliance and SpiceJet are the two airlines operating out of this new airport, connecting it with major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Pune. Shirdi is a revered spot for devotees of Sai Baba, the airport was opened with hopes of promoting tourism and making it more accessible. Currently, the runway is being lengthened to enable international operations.
8. Kolhapur Airport (KLH), KolhapurThe Kolhapur Airport (KLH) is an airport situated in Ujlaiwadi, 9 kilometres Southeast from Kolhapur city. Kolhapur Airport is 9.4 kilometres (13 minutes) away from Kolhapur bus stand. Kolhapur Railway Station is located approximately 9.8 kilometres (17 minutes) away from Kolhapur Airport. There are plans to use Kolhapur Airports as a night parking spot for aircraft to reduce congestion in Mumbai and Pune Airports.
Other Airports in MaharashtraBaramati Airport that is located in Pune is to be developed as a hub for private jets. The Osmanabad Airport, located in the town of Osmanabad, in the Marathwada region. The airport does not see any air traffic apart from visits from the odd state government aircraft and operations of the flying school. Jawaharlal Darda Airport is a public airport located in Yavatmal, in the Vidarbha.
Gandhinagar Airport (ISK) in Nashik was initially a public airport but later was undertaken by the Indian Army, and now, it is being used as a military base.
Solapur Airport is used for general aviation.
Jalgaon Airport, in Jalgaon, Nashik division, will be starting flights to Mumbai from September 2017
Ozar Airport in Ozar, 15 kilometres northeast of the city of Nashik, is owned by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, to develop, test and build aircraft for the Indian Armed Forces.
Baramati Airport, Gondia Airport, Karad Airport, Osmanabad Airport, and Hadapsar Airport are flying schools.
Upcoming Airports in Maharashtra
- Navi Mumbai International Airport
- Chhatrapati Sambhaji Raje International Airport (Pune)