This temporary tourism development is being advocated in the interest of boosting the otherwise ravaged tourism of Maharashtra. So Mumbaikars, you can sun-soak and chill by the beach within the state itself!
The 8 Beach ProjectUnder this initiative, a pilot project is being launched with an 8- beach project set-up. The popular beaches considered for the project include Kelwe and Bordi in Palghar, Diveagar, and Varsoli in Raigad, Araware, and Guhagar in Ratnagiri, and Kundkeshwar and Tarkali in Sindhudurg.
It is only after the authorization of the Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA) that the shacks can be put up as they are to be lined-up along coastal zones. For those interested to set them up, can avail the application online.
Guidelines to Set-up Shacks
- Beach shacks can be open from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- It is mandatory for every shack to have a CCTV.
- Application by the locals will be given more preference. It is to provide employment to the locals and boost the economy.
- The Cabinet Minister Anil Parab has extended an allowance for only 10 shacks per beach.
- The shacks will be eco-friendly in nature.
- 80% of the employment on the shack should be given to the locals only.
Are you excited about the beach shacks? Let us know in the comments below!