Best Studios for Yoga in Auckland
1) PranabarLocated right in the center of Parnell, Pranabar is dedicated to creating the opportunity for everyone to cultivate alertness, peace of mind and clarity through Yoga and meditation. A custom-built modern yoga studio, it offers Yoga and meditation classes for people of all ages and abilities under the guidance of expert instructors. If there is any confusion about choosing the appropriate class for you, a twenty-minute free consultation is available.
The other services at Pranabar include massages, yoga therapy, courses and retreats. To clear away all distractions, wearing comfortable clothing is recommended. Don’t bother to bring your own mat since the studio provides them.
Location: 32 Bath Street, Parnell, Auckland1052, New Zealand
Timings: Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri 6.00am – 8.00pm, Wed 5.30am – 8.00pm, Sat 8.00am – 12.00pm, Sun Closed
Cost: Yoga - NZ$25, Meditation - NZ$18, One on one coaching sessions start from NZ$120
2) Studio RedA world class yoga studio situated in City Works Depot, Studio Red provides premium hot yoga facilities inside its lovely décor designed by talented architects. The uncrowded yoga space is set in a serene atmosphere free from the city’s clamor. Founded by an admirer of hot yoga Vicky Cullinane, Studio Red has classes that suit all skill levels, beginner to advanced.
Red Fusion is the premium hot yoga class in Studio Red. Yoga Nidra, Vinyasa and Yin/Yand are some of the other class styles. Having soundproof spaces, luxurious bathrooms, overhead lighting and excellent warm rooms, Studio Red offers the ambience of a hotel and spa-like comfort.
Guided by eight skilled teachers, twenty two classes are held each week in this fine studio for yoga in Auckland.
Location: City Works Depot 15, 5/90 Wellesley Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Timings: Mon 12.15pm – 1.15pm & 6.00pm – 7.00pm, Tue 7.00am – 8.00am & 5.00pm – 6.00pm, Wed 7.00am – 8.00am & 6.30am – 7.30am, Thu 7.00am – 8.00am & 6.30am – 7.45am, Fri 7.00am – 8.00am & 12.15am – 1.15am, Sat 7.30am – 8.45am & 9.15am – 10.15am,Sun 9.00am – 10.00am & 4.30pm – 6.00pm
Cost: Casual Class (Mat included) - NZ$30, Five class pass (No mat) - NZ$135, One month unlimited - NZ$140 (Special offer, mat included)
3) Yoga AcademyWith large yoga rooms and elegant wooden floors, Yoga Academy follows the ancient texts which say Yoga is best-performed in situations free from all distractions. Different forms of yoga like Ashtanga, Hatha and meditation are daily taught in the studio. Workshops conducted by teachers of the academy or other renowned yoga experts are also held from time to time.
The Stillwaters Retreat Centre becomes the venue for the amazing retreats offered by the Yoga Academy featuring yoga, nature walks and delish food. Only fresh new yoga mats are available at Yoga Academy’s reception since the studio is very strict about hygiene. It is advised to bring your own mat to save money.
One of the best spots for yoga in Auckland, Yoga Academy conducts classes in Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga guided by their teacher through the online platform Zoom as well.
Location: 190 Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
Timings: Mon – Thu 6.00am – 8.00pm, Fri 6.00am – 6.30pm, Sat & Sun 8.00am – 5.00pm
Cost: Casual Class NZ$29, One month unlimited $49 (Intro offer)
4) Om YogaOm Yoga located in Stonefields aspires to making Yoga accessible to one and all. Apart from a variety of classes like vinyasa, yin yang, yin yoga and hatha, it offers workshops and teacher training programs. The vibrantly lit interior of the beautiful studio and the soothing music is perfect to practice yoga peacefully.
Om Yoga conducts online classes via Zoom.
Location: 16/40 Stonefields Avenue, Stonefields, Auckland 1072, New Zealand
Timings: Mon – Fri 6.00am – 9.00pm, Sat & Sun 7.30am – 6.00pm
Cost: Casual Class NZ$25, First week unlimited yoga NZ$35
5) Basecamp Power YogaHoused in a former warehouse shell in Grey Lynn, Basecamp Power Yoga derives the name from majestic mountains having a wide base. Credited for bringing Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga to the city, it is the apt place for developing strength and power in the body. New students are provided free Yoga mats and towels in the studio.
The parking space before the studio follows a ‘first come first serve’ policy.
Location: 18 Westmoreland Street West, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1021, New Zealand
Timings: Mon – Fri 6.00am – 7.30am & 5.30pm – 7.30pm, Sat 7.30am – 11.30am, Sun 7.30am – 11.30am & 4.00pm – 6.00pm
Cost: Casual Class NZ$20, One month unlimited $80 (New Student Special)
6) Four Winds YogaAn Iyengar Yoga studio located in the Ponsonby Community Centre, Four Winds Yoga has yoga classes for any skill level. The pregnancy yoga courses offered in the studio is definitely one the most preferred in Auckland. Established over two decades ago, Four Winds Yoga also offers workshops and retreats.
Having all the essential accessories, Four Winds Yoga is currently one of the finest studios for practicing yoga in Auckland.
Location: Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand
Timings: Mon 9.30am – 11.00am & 6.00pm – 7.30pm, Wed 9.30am – 11.00am, Thu 6.00pm – 7.30pm, Sat 7.30am – 8.30am, 9.30am – 11.00am & 11.00am – 12.30pm, Sun 9.00am – 10.30am
Cost: Casual class NZ$18, Pregnancy class NZ$180 for ten classes
7) Yoga GroundWith over twenty classes each week teaching restorative yoga, kundalini yoga, vinyasa yoga and many other forms, Yoga Ground has restricted their classes to people over eighteen years of age. The studio has abundant natural light, beautiful bamboo floors and amazing views of the city. Workshops, events and courses in meditation and yoga are also offered in Yoga Ground located right in the center of Grey Lynn.
Location: 56 Surrey Crescent, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1011, New ZealandDid we miss to mention any of the major spots for practicing yoga in Auckland? Tell us in the comments.
Timings: Mon 9.15am – 10.55am & 12.15pm – 1.55am, Tue 6.15am – 7.40am, 8.45am – 10.25am & 5.45am – 7.10pm, Wed & Thu 6.15am – 7.40am, 9.15am – 10.55am & 5.45pm – 8.40pm, Fri 9.15am – 10.55am & 5.15pm – 6.40pm, Sat 7.45am – 10.25am, Sun7.45am – 10.25am & 6.45pm – 8.25pm
Cost: Casual Class NZ$17, One month unlimited $79 (Intro offer)