Touring the city of Auckland in Winter is quite a spectacle that anyone shouldn’t miss out on especially if you are in New Zealand. There are numerous things one can indulge in while having a peaceful time, during winter Auckland’s charm is a delightful experience. While in Auckland one can enjoy plenty of events such as sports, festivals, concerts, and many other exciting events.
These are some of the best experiences to be had in Auckland in Winter!
In this blog, let’s take a look at the best attractions of Auckland in Winter.
1. Butterfly CreekButterfly Creek is quite a well-known place to take a tour if you are looking for something bright and beautiful to cheer up your mood. The main attraction of this creek is the tropical butterfly house which houses more than 700 different exotic species of butterflies. Other than this, there’s plenty of other wildlife such as reptiles, birds, and fish.
The Butterfly Creek is located at 10 Tom Pearce Dr, Auckland Airport, Auckland 2022 and visitors can visit from 9:30 AM in the morning till 5 PM in the evening.
2. SnowplanetSnowplanet is the place to visit if you are feeling adventurous and have an adrenaline rush going inside you. Including snowboarding, plenty of other snow sports activities can be enjoyed in the most thrilling way. Being the only indoor snow resort tourists can find all over New Zealand, Snowplanet boasts a lot in terms of facilities available. A giant snowball with 50 cm of real powder snow is the main attraction along with a learner area, three lifts, a terrain park for snowboarders, a rink for ice skating, and lots more. Snowboarding also tends to be a fun activity to do with your family as other sports like paragliding is not possible during winter.
Snowplanet is located at 91 small roads, Silverdale, Auckland, and visitors can visit from 10 in the morning till 10 in the night.
3. Waiwera Thermal ResortIf you are looking for a place to relax and unwind then, Waiwera Thermal Resort is the perfect place to pamper yourselves as the resort also has hot springs. The resort has plenty of facilities such as 22 indoor and outdoor pools, sauna rooms, steam rooms, and a wellness spa moreover the place can be reached with a 35-minute drive from the center of Auckland. With plenty of fun stuff for the kids, thermal resorts are a great place to escape to with your family.
Located at 21 Waiwera Road, Waiwera 0873, North Auckland and visitors can visit from 10 in the morning till 8 in the night.
Waiheke Islands can be reached with a short ferry ride from the city that takes around 35 minutes. If you are looking to have a quiet peaceful time with your family and make a memorable memory then horse riding is the perfect way to do so. The tranquil atmosphere, stunning ocean views, free from the endless honk of cars makes Waiheke Island a splendid spot to visit during winter time. There are horse rides along the beach, along with the bushes, and for children, there are pony rides.
4. Waiheke Horse Worx
Located at 14 Donald Bruce Road, Surfdale, Waiheke Islands, Auckland 1081.
5. New Zealand Boutique Wine FestivalNew Zealand Boutique Festival is held every year and is the perfect place to visit if you are a wine connoisseur. More than 300 different varieties of wine are displayed at the festival and a unique cellar door experience is also provided by the authorities for all those who love wine. Apart from sampling several regional wines, visitors can also experience the pairing of different food items with a different wine.
The location of the festival is changed every year and can be visited between 11:30 AM in the morning till 7 PM in the evening.
6. Rainbow’s EndThe biggest adventure park in Auckland, Rainbow’s End is a must-visit if you are in Auckland with your friends and families. With more than 20 rides, adrenaline junkies can hop onto some of the best rides such as Fearfall, Invader, Corkscrew Coaster, Power Surge, and Stratosphere. Moreover, this is the perfect place to visit if you are on a tight budget as the park is free.
It is located at 2 Clist Cres, Manukau, Auckland 2104 and can be visited between 10 am and 4 pm.
The underwater sights this aquarium offers is ideal for winter dates in Auckland as it offers a glimpse of colorful and vibrant marine life. There are numerous sea creatures that can be viewed in Kelly Sea life aquarium with the most exciting attraction being the deep-sea shark, stingrays, and jellyfish that can be viewed from the underwater viewing tunnels.
7. Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium
The aquarium is located at 23 Tamaki Dr, Orakei, Auckland 1071 and can be visited between 9:30 am in the morning till 5 pm in the evening.
8. Domain WintergardensSituated in the Auckland Domain, Domain WIntergardens is a unique and special place to visit especially when you are in the city. The garden is filled with numerous varieties of plants and flowers and space extends to as far as your eye can see. New Zealand historic places have designated the Wintergardens as category 1 historic sites. On top of the tropical gardens, the domain also boasts a glass house that visitors love to explore.
It is located at Wintergarden Road, Parnell, Auckland 1010 and can be visited between 9 am in the morning till 4:30 pm in the evening.
‘The Lord of the Rings’ made the amazing scenery of New Zealand even more famous. One can easily enjoy the bountiful natural beauty of the country by going on hikes and walks in Auckland. There are numerous trails that can be visited by tourists and each trail has its own uniqueness.
Have we missed out on any of your favourite activities to do in Auckland in Winter? Comment below to let us know!