The love for cafes is never-ending for the locals and tourists; with plenty of cafes in Auckland, there’s no telling which might suit you the best. You can find any place you are looking for based on the budget from luxurious to modest ones. From hot slices of bacon, avocados, and a cup of coffee, the ideal breakfast is served at all cafes. So you don’t get lost, we have compiled some of the best places you can visit for a relaxing time while in Auckland.
Here are the Best Cafes in Auckland for That Perfect Pick-me-up!
1. Daily BreadLocated at Point Chevalier, this is one of the most artistic cafes in Auckland has taken baked goodies and transformed them into something utterly delicious. Housed in a historic building known for art deco, the interior is quite good looking. One can find some of the best pastries being baked here all around Auckland, using only the finest ingredients. Daily Bread procures all its materials including wheat and rye from the Canterbury Plains. All the materials are organically grown, so the best quality possible is what you will find here. Go for a quick bite or a dine-in and be satisfied with both experiences.
2. The Candy ShopDon’t be fooled by the name, located at Newmarket; The Candy Shop is a place for you to indulge in all your guilty pleasures. The favorite ones on the menu are eggs glazed with maple bacon and topped with some polenta chips, scrambled eggs combined with truffle, and a toast made in French style with some berry compote. The rest of the menu is tilted more towards the Korean cuisines; still, there are many gems to be eaten. This eatery should be on your next destination to have brunch and is one of the most unique cafes in Auckland.
3. Odettes EateryOne of the most highly rated cafes in Auckland, Odettes Eatery, is located in City Works Depot; the cafe can be found in the inner-city. The furniture and architecture make this one unique from others. The interior is painted in dreamy blues while the floor is wooden finished with soft furnishings. Just as the ambiance, the food is also pretty impressive, and the menu changes according to the season, so only the fresh items are used. The food is also influenced a little by Mediterranean and African spices to expect all the flavors one can imagine.
4. BestieOne of the finest cafes you can find on K’ Road, Bestie can be found near St Kevin’s Arcade, where it overlooks Myers Park and is situated in the atrium. The menu contains some classic items, such as cheese toasties, chili fried eggs, and labneh. Regardless the most bought item on the list is the peanut butter doughnuts served with the crumbs of pretzel and jam dip.
5. Billy CafeLocated in Newmarket, Billy Cafe serves its goodies with a bit of American twist, and the menu is incredibly delicious. The cafe gives off unpretentious vibes and feels very welcoming; people can move both indoors and outdoors quite freely. If you have a sweet tooth, then without a doubt, go for the French toast that is served with poached berries, rhubarb, and mascarpone. Those who are looking for a more sour bite should check out the hash brown sandwich.
6. Flour MillOne of the newer cafes in Auckland, located in Epsom, the Flour Mill has built a strong reputation as one of Auckland's best cafes. The building in which it is housed was previously an actual Flour mill but has been renovated with cheerful colors. The menu will make you feel like you haven't had anything to eat all week. The top items are gypsy toast, skillet mac and cheese, and a turkey baguette.
7. Takapuna Beach CafeLocated in Takapuna, this cafe follows a simple philosophy of procuring fresh and locally produced materials for their dishes. The vibes here are very relaxing as the sea is only at an arm's length. The favorite items on the menu are mushroom gnocchi, folded eggs, and the grill. The cafe also has a takeaway option where you can grab the fresh homemade gelato.
Which is your favourite of these cafes in Auckland? Let us know in the comments below!