10 Most Popular Attractions in Auckland with Kids:
1. Rainbow's End
New Zealand's largest theme park is a perfect place to visit in Auckland with Kids. It is located at Manukau, Auckland and is a fun-filled place for all age groups with over 20 rides and other activities. The Kidz Kingdom is a play area having rides, for children 8 years and below. It also has a state-of-the-art gaming centre - Rainbow Playlab where you can experience the newest technologies like Virtual Reality. You can also witness the scheduled entertainment shows that take place there.
COST: Adult- NZD 59.99
Child- NZD 49.99
2. Snow PlanetIt is New Zealand's only indoor recreation snow resort situated 30 minutes north of Auckland. Experience the thrill of skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing at any time of the year. Bring your kids and family along and enjoy snowball fighting followed by a meal at their restaurant.
COST: Adult- NZD 30 - NZD 70
Child- NZD 25 - NZD 50
3. Butterfly Creek
It is an enjoyable place for animal-loving children featuring colourful butterflies, saltwater crocodiles and a beautiful bird aviary. Have your kids visit the Dinosaur Kingdom having more than 60 dinosaurs including gigantic animatronics dinosaurs. There is an on-site farm that holds rabbits, goats, guinea pigs, alpaca, sheep etc. It also exhibits Mythic creatures like unicorns and dragons. Enjoy the ride of the Red Admiral toy train circling the park and home-made food from their on-site cafe making it an even more attractive place to visit in Auckland with kids.
COST: Adult- NZD 13.50
Children and Senior citizens- NZD 10
4. Kelly Tarlton's AquariumExplore the magnificent marine life by visiting this iconic underground aquarium and is one of the most popularly visited attractions in Auckland with kids. Walk through the perspex tunnels and marvel at sharks, jellyfish, stingrays, sea horses, and other amazing animals. The Antarctic Ice Adventure at Kelly Tarlton's offers visitors an opportunity to look closely at the brilliant sub-Antarctic penguins in their icy realms. The Turtle Bay exhibits rescued turtles where you can also enjoy the view of the Hauraki Gulf and the ocean. PRO TIP: Take the free shuttle bus to Kelly Tarlton's from downtown Auckland. This bus is in the shape of a shark, which will be very exciting for your kids.
COST: Adult: NZD 32.80
Children: NZD 23.20
5. The War Memorial MusuemSituated near the Domain Botanical Garden, it is a charming old building, great to visit in Auckland with kids if you want to give them a peek into New Zealand's native Maori culture. Do not miss the Secret museum tucked away in the basement of the museum where many of the country's treasures are stored. You can go and rest at the Kai Room, a family-friendly space having restrooms and cafes. Weekends are best to visit with kids as they have an interactive story-time session with them.
COST: Adults: NZD 25
Children: NZD 10
6. Waiheke Island
Take a one-hour ferry ride from downtown Auckland to the stunning island of Waiheke. Enjoy the beachside walks, vineyards and restaurants at the beaches. Oneroa, Palm, Surfdale and Onetangi are some of the popular beaches. During summers, the recreational art centre, Sculpture is worth visiting with kids. Although a full day's tour is fine to explore the place, it is worth a night stay if you have time. It will prove to be a fun and enjoyable outing.
Hop-on-hop-off bus tour; Adult: NZD 68, Children: NZD 35
The trek is absolutely free!
7. Sky TowerNew Zealand's tallest building at a height of 328 metres, provides a 360˚ panoramic view upto 80 kilometres in all directions. Enjoy adrenaline-pumping activities like sky walking and sky jumping, amazing views and dining at the Sky Cafe. You can look at volcanoes, key landmarks, and historical locations from 220 metres above the street level. Kids will be very thrilled to look through the glass floor at the street far below, making it a perfect place to visit in Auckland with kids and the whole family. It will be entertaining for them to watch people sky jumping off the tower. Visit on a clear sky day for the ultimate experience.
COST: Adult: NZD 32
Children: NZD 13
Senior citizen: NZD 23
8. Auckland ZooHome to 135 different species and over 1300 animals, it has a great wildlife diversity, which is sure to excite the little ones! Spread over 17 hectares of land, it is home to different species of animals like the White Rhinoceros, squirrel monkey, sea otters etc. There are lots of things to experience like safari nights and close encounters to the animals, all making it a great place to visit in Auckland with kids. It is a great place for a family picnic, with a restaurant and ice cream stalls spread all over.
Adult: NZD 24
Children: NZD 13
Students and Senior citizens: NZD 19
9. Rangitoto IslandClimb to the summit of this extinct volcano for the splendid 360˚ view of the Hauraki Gulf and Auckland city. The summit trail is the most popular trek making its way through lava fields and forests. The slope has a gentle incline and takes approximately an hour to make it to the top. Learn about the island's past volcanic eruptions and history through the boards and signs displayed along the way. You can also explore the lava tunnels formed due to the passage of molten lava. Located 200 metres away from the summit, remember to take your torch as it is very dark inside. If your kids are too small to walk such a distance, board the 4WD train which goes to the summit.
Adult: NZD 39
Child: NZD 19.50
10. VR RoomEntertaining for all age groups, it is the most family-friendly amusement centre and is an ideal place to visit in Auckland with kids. They provide the best Virtual Reality experience with games for individuals as well as 2-6 multiplayer groups. There is a range of game genres like survival games, bike racing, shooting games etc. There is also a kid's section for kids below 6 years to keep them entertained so that you can also have fun without worrying about them.
COST: Pricing is different for every game, ranging between NZD 4.50 and NZD 49.90.
These are only some of the best attractions as the list can go on. You can also visit beaches and hot springs to have a fun time beside the waters. The city holds much potential to entertain your family and kids with all kinds of activities and is perfect for the whole family.