The Top 15 Wedding Venues in Boston
Waterfront Venues for Wedding in Boston:
1. Cruise Weddings
Fancy getting married on a cruise ship in the center of the sea? Boston Hornblower Cruise & Events offer the most fantastic cruises to host intimate wedding and reception gatherings. Celebrate your special day with pristine views of Boston Harbour as the backdrop. Delicious meals, entertainment, music, lighting, decorations, suites, liability insurance, etc. are all included in their wedding packages. Hornblower cruises can accommodate 30 to 300 guests on board. The Hornblower fleet includes The Odyssey, Seaport Elite, Boston Elite, Spirit of Boston and private yachts that feature elegant and upscale wedding services.
Average Accomodation fees: 3000 USD - 10000 USD (depending upon season)
Location: 60 Rowes Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
2. Boston Harbour Hotel
Set along the gorgeous waterfront, Boston Harbour Hotel boasts luxurious interiors and amenities. The Boston Harbour wedding packages include a complimentary harbour view suite for the newly weds, guestrooms, delectable three course dinner, open bar, special spa services for the couple and many more facilities. The couples can choose from the event space options available here:
- Wharf Room is a spacious and elegant space with dramatic chandelier ceilings and captivating views of the harbour skyline. The room accommodates 250 guests.
- The Atlantic Room features floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Boston Harbour. The vintage style room accommodates 170 guests.
- The Pavilion is a perfect option for reception ceremonies. It boasts dome shaped architecture with glass windows and 360° picturesque views of the horizon as the backdrop. This hall can accommodate 100 - 200 guests.
- The Mezzanine offers 3 different spaces for small and intimate functions like engagement parties or rehearsal dinners.
Location: 70 Rowes Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
3. Hyatt Regency Boston Harbour
Celebrate your wedding in Boston in an extravagant style. Hyatt Regency offers an open space pavilion tent along the waterfront. Imagine walking down the aisle and saying ‘I Do’ at this lovely location. Hyatt offers assistance from professional wedding planners to manage the event and make sure that you enjoy every bit of it. The wedding package includes access to the stunning Skyline Ballroom, excellent seating arrangements for the guests, buffet dinner & champagne, customised decorations, exclusive suites for the newlyweds and a wedding cake. The site can accommodate upto 300 guests.
Site Fees: Starting at 1200 USD - 30000 USD
Location: 101 Harborside Drive, Boston, MA 02128, USA
Hotel Venues for Wedding in Boston:
4. Mandarin Oriental Boston
Mandarin Oriental is a luxury hotel located in Back Bay. The venue features spacious and immaculate interiors with the best services and amenities. From an intimate wedding of just two or a grand wedding with 500 guests, Mandarin offers all the types of accommodations. The hotel provides you with excellent wedding planners and the best suggestions for florists, catering, decorations, photographers, and other services. The wedding packages at Mandarin include bridal suites, guestrooms, spa facilities, open bar, dinner, wedding cake, etc.
Site Fees: 500 USD - 15000 USD
Location: 776 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02199, USA
5. SRVIf you wish to have a very simple and intimate wedding in Boston, then SRV is the right place for you. Located in Boston’s South End, the venue can accommodate 50-200 guests. Swap rings at the outdoor space that boasts a minimalist decor with string lights surrounded by brick walls. The private dining room features a delicious italian menu, cocktails, special seating arrangements and a dance floor.
Location: 526 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02118, USA
6. Lenox Hotel
The Lenox Hotel is the first choice for a luxurious wedding in Boston. The famous ‘Love Story’ film was shot at this venue. The venue accommodates up to 150 guests and provides exquisite micro wedding packages with event planning facilities. A beautiful dome shaped hall with intricate gold & white interiors and a spacious deck for the perfect wedding photos are the major highlights of this venue. The venue also provides basic setup, accommodation and catering facilities, however you can even hire your own planners for the wedding.
Site Fees: Starts at 6000 USD
Location: 61 Exeter St, Bolyston, Boston, MA 02116, USA
7. Beauport Hotel WeddingBeauport Hotel is tucked in complete tranquility away from the bustling city in Gloucester. This hotel features an indoor event space with dazzling views of the harbour and the Atlantic Ocean. The venue hosts engagement parties, bridal showers, reception and wedding ceremonies with a limit of 230 guests. After the wedding ceremony, couples can head to the beach for the photoshoot. Honeymoon suites, guestrooms, catering and other facilities are included in the hotel’s wedding packages.
Site Fees: 1500 USD - 5000 USD
Location: 55 Commercial St, Gloucester, MA 01930, USA
8. Fairmont Copley Plaza
The perfect venue to start your ‘Happily Ever After’. Fairmont Copley Plaza features event spaces for both micro and grand weddings. Venetian interiors, intricate details, 30-feet ceiling and crystal chandeliers with a vintage touch adds to the dramatic backdrop for your special day. The plaza accommodates minimum 20 and maximum 500 guests for weddings with fantastic deals and professional recommendations. The different event spaces available are the Oval Room, Grand Ballroom, St James Room and Venetian Room.
Ceremony Fees: 1500 USD - 3500 USD
Location: 138 St James Ave, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Unique Venues for Wedding in Boston:
9. Barn & Farm Weddings
Ditch the common wedding venues and get married at the most unique Barn & Farm venues in Boston. Stunning outdoor farm venues feature tents decorated with string lights surrounded with beautiful landscapes, fountains and flower gardens. The indoor barn venues feature rustic interiors and vintage lightings, ideal for cozy winter weddings. These venues also offer live music, good food and in-house bar facilities.Couples can choose from an array of farm and barn venues that accommodate 50-350 guests near Boston:
a. Connemara House Farm, Topsfeild
b. Moraine Farm, Beverly
c. Red Lion Inn and Barn, Cohasset
d. Glen Magna Farms, Danvers
Average Site Fees: 500 USD - 6000 USD
10. New England Aquarium
How amazing would it be to get married not just with the presence of humans but also with the underwater creatures? New England Aquarium offers a unique and unforgettable wedding experience for the couples. Indoor space with dining arrangements around the penguins and giant ocean tanks and outdoor event space overlooking views of the Boston Harbour are offered here. The venue can accommodate 50-300 seated guests. Wedding packages include event planning, setup, catering and entertainment facilities.
Site Fees: 750 USD - 3000 USD
Location: 1 Central Wharf Boston, MA 02110, USA
11. Museum of Science
Boasting stunning waterfront views, Museum of Science is located in the heart of Boston and is one of the most unique venues for weddings in Boston. The venue features a beautiful garden space with panoramic views of the Charles river and Boston’s skyline. Outdoor covered, outdoor open and indoor spaces are available on-site. The location can accommodate minimum 50 and maximum 300 guests. Booking for a wedding or a reception, this place offers wedding services like event planning, in-house catering by Wolfgang Puck, bridal suites, lighting and music, decorations, china & glassware, servers, parking and many more facilities.
Meal Packages: 60 USD-180 USD/ person
Reception Site Fee: Starts at 6900 USD (peak season)
5200 USD (off season)
Wedding Ceremony Fee: 1300 USD
Location: 1 Museum Of Science Driveway, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Historic Venues for Wedding in Boston:
12. Old South Meeting House
Get hitched in this historical location located between the grand skyscrapers in Boston. The Old South Meeting House church was built in 1729 and is home to the well known Boston Tea Party. This is an ideal place for wedding ceremonies and also hosts reception and engagement parties. A simple and charming church that can hold upto 550 guests. The venue provides a bridal suite along with setup, accomodations and event planning.
Site Fees: 2800 USD - 7000 USD
Location: 310 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
13. Omni Parker House
Built in 1855, Omni Parker House is still one of the best ancient hotels in Boston. Regal interiors with dark tones, sparkling chandeliers, luxurious modern amenities, impeccable services and the ageless beauty of this hotel is what makes it a perfect venue for weddings in Boston. The 15th floor Rooftop Ballroom boasts a charming ambience with open bar facilities and overlooks spectacular views of the Boston Skyline. The ballroom can accommodate 10-250 guests. The wedding package includes event planning, catering, overnight suite for the newlyweds, makeup room and event setup.
Site Fees: 1000 USD - 2000 USD
Location: 60 School St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
14. Boston Public Library
Boston Public Library is a 5-Star wedding venue in Boston. The venue boasts an Italian courtyard and fountain backdrop for outdoor events and a dome arched hall with thousands of books and beautifully decorated seating arrangements for indoor events. After the wedding ceremony, couples can head to the library hallway designed with marble walls and ancient paintings for the best wedding photos. The venue has a 300+ capacity and the starting site fee consists of event planning, setup and bridal suite facilities.
Site Fees: 1500 USD - 10600 USD
Average Wedding Cost: 23000 USD/50 guests
Location: 700 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
15. John W. Higgins Armory
Get ready to have your fairytale wedding in this grand and historic venue. John W. Higgins Armory is a castle-like architecture built with glass and steel, that offers a magical backdrop for your wedding day. The Great Hall features high ceilings with elegant chandeliers and a vintage ambience with a 450 capacity. The venue offers setup, liability insurance and parking facilities to the guests. Couples can hire their own event planning and catering services.
Site Fees: 3000 USD
Location: 100 Barber St, Worcester, MA 01606, USA
Legal Marriage Requirements in BostonJust planning your wedding venue and decorations is not enough to get married in Boston. Before getting started with the plans you will also need to understand and follow the legal rules to make your wedding in Boston, Massachusetts official. Here’s how to go about the process:
- The couples planning to get married should be 18 years and above.
- Remember that according to Massachusetts law, a marriage license is only valid for 60 days after issue to get married in Boston.
- To apply for a license, you need to first book an appointment with the Boston City Hall online. Both the partners should be present at the time of appointment.
1. Your legal names with the last name to be used after marriage.
2. Legal residency
3. Birth certificates
4. Names of parents along with their marriage proofs.
5. If anyone of you were previously married, then the legal divorce or annulment papers are required.
6. After the online registration, you need to carry your valid IDs for identification i.e. passports, driver’s license and state IDs.
7. The application fee for the process is 50 USD.
8. Once the license is approved, you will receive it in the mail after a 3 day waiting period. You will be charged 195 USD fee, if you want to waive off the waiting period. You can get married within 60 days after the approval.
9. After the approval, you will have to give the licence form to the person performing your wedding which he has to fill thoroughly and return to the City Hall.
Location: 1 City Hall Square, Room 213, Boston, MA 02201-2006, USA
Best Time to Plan Wedding in BostonThe weather in Boston is pleasant throughout the year. You can plan a wedding any time of the year but here are some of the best times to have a wedding in Boston.
Spring is one of the best seasons of Boston. The best time to have a wedding in spring would be in March. Temperatures in March are cool & pleasant and you may even get to experience some snowfall. April is termed as the rainiest month in Boston. It would be better to not take any risk and plan your wedding during this month.
Summers in Boston is the peak season (June to August). The warm and bright weather is what attracts tourists. During this season the prices are very high so you would have to look for places that offer good deals. Waterfront and beach venues would be the best recommended for your Summer wedding in Boston.
Fall is the best season to visit Boston for any occasion (September to November). Since it is the off-season you can get great deals on wedding venues and hotel packages. There are fewer tourists during this season, so it is the most enjoyable time of the year.
Winter season is the coldest and wettest season of Boston (December to February). Winters bring in the Holiday Season and exciting holiday offers and discounts. You can have a perfect snowy winter wedding in the warm and cozy venues of Boston.
Important Tips to Remember Before Planning Wedding in Boston
- Boston is one of the best locations for weddings but at the same time it is one of the priciest wedding venues in America.
- Make your venue bookings at least 12-15 months in advance.
- Check the official websites of the venues and have a detailed discussion about the available facilities and the pricings with the concerned staff.
- First check all the weather forecasts and important event days of Boston before deciding the wedding day, to avoid clashes with your bookings.
- Then hire an agent (preferably from Boston), to plan your dream wedding.
- Select the perfect venue that offers all the services that you require. Then decide the size of your wedding according to the venue accommodation.
- Be it an intimate affair or a grand wedding celebration, plan your budget and follow it!
- Check the reviews and testimonials to choose the perfect photographer for your wedding day.
- Keep your wedding gowns and suits ready before arriving for the main event. Do not rely upon Boston stores for last minute shopping.