1. World’s Longest Handmaid Gold ChainDubai and the UAE are known for their love for gold. We could have only expected a world record like this from them. The chain was 5.522 kilometres long and was made with the help of 100 artisans who worked for 45 days. The chain was designed to commemorate the 20th Dubai Shopping Festival. It was made of 22 Carat gold and weighed over 240 Kg when it was finished.
2. World’s Tallest BuildingThis is an iconic building of Dubai, and it took five years to build it and was unveiled and opened to the public in 2010. Burj Khalifa in Dubai is still the tallest building in the world at 828 m. The building is present in the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, and it was built as a part of the Downtown Dubai development project. There is also an observation deck on the 124th floor of the building. Burj Khalifa is a mixed-building with residential buildings, offices and hotels.
3. World’s Highest Suspended Hotel SuiteThe suite is present in St. Regis Abu Dhabi, and it is suspended 200 m above the ground. One needs to spend USD 27,000 a night if they want to book this Presidential suit. The room has an Arabian decor, and on top of that, it also sports gold leaf accents. There is also a helipad on top of the suite where the guests can land their own helicopters. The room also provides a panoramic view of the outside. It also contains its own private spa and cinema room.
4. Furthest Leaning Manmade BuildingThe ‘Capital Gate’ of UAE inclines 18 degrees west and is 160m in height. Developed by Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company, the building was designed by RMJM. Opened to the public in 2011, the UAE Capital Gate currently covers an area of 50,000 square meters. It is also known as the ‘Leaning Tower of Abu Dhabi’.
5. World’s Largest Glow-In-The-Dark PaintingThis painting unveiled in the Innovation Week of UAE measured 416.26 m². Containing the history of the place, this glow-in-the-dark painting broke the record previously made by Nissan in 2015. The portrait was unveiled by the Public Works and Services Department of Government of Ras al Khaimah (UAE). They broke the record in 2016.
6. World’s Tallest HotelThe Gevora hotel in Dubai is currently the tallest. It measures 356.33 m and has 75 stories. It contains 528 rooms along with three fine-dining restaurants. They also have a wellness club for their guests. The hotel is located near the Next to Al Attar Tower. They beat the record of the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel to become the tallest hotel. The former hotel is also present in Dubai.
7. World’s Largest Standing LanternThe lantern is present in the fresh food market at Souq Al Jubail in Sharjah, and it is made out of wood and copper. It was built in the month of Ramadan which makes it more unique and it was initially created for the Souq’s celebration of the month. The lantern measures 13.09 metres in height and 5 metres in breadth.
8. World’s Largest Jigsaw PuzzleUAE was able to build the world’s largest jigsaw puzzle which stretched over 6,122.68 m² and contained 12,320 pieces. The puzzle was constructed by the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) in celebration of the life of late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. They even took the initiative to recycle the puzzle pieces after the record was set.
9. World’s Tallest Chocolate Sculpture
The sculpture was 13.52-m-tall, and it was a replica of the Burj Khalifa. They needed 5200 Kg of chocolate to make the sculpture. The structure was created by Andrew Farrugia, who belongs from Malta. The people who worked with the chocolate had to hand-carve 10,000 pieces to complete the section. The original idea was to build a sculpture that was 17 m tall. It was assembled in Concourse A of the Terminal 3 in Dubai Airport to celebrate the 43rd National Day celebration of UAE.
10. World’s Largest Kidney RemovedAhmed Saeed Mohammed Omar was operated on by a Dubai doctor to remove a kidney weighing 4.25 Kg as he was suffering from Polycystic Kidney disorder. Dr Fariborz Bagheri was the one who led the surgery to remove the non-functional kidneys, which was about two times the size of the previous world record.
11. World’s Smallest Parachute Canopy Used for a JumpMany people love adventure sports, but a skydiver from Dubai, Ernesto Gainza used the smallest parachute canopy to jump, and he was successful. The canopy was just 35 sq ft compared to a regular canopy measuring 120 sq ft, and he jumped 14,000 ft. He trained for 12 months to attempt the dive.
12. World’s Largest Picture FrameYou may have seen people posing with this sculpture which is quite famous in Dubai. The frame has a height of 150 meters, and you can see a beautiful Dubai skyline through it. You can catch the sight of the frame in the Zabeel park of Dubai. There is also a museum in this structure where you can see the skyline from the top of the frame. The design was given by Fernando Donis, a Mexican architect who wasn’t happy in dealing with the city.
Here are some of the UAE broken world records. As they continue to fulfil new achievements, visit the UAE to witness these marvels.
What do you think about these world records? Let us know in the comments below.