Best Time to go Cycling in U.A.EBest Months: The best season to go cycling in Dubai is between October and May. The weather during these months is pleasing with the temperature ranging between 20-25 degrees.
Best Time of the Day: Early mornings and evenings would be the preferred time for cycling in U.A.E since it may get too hot during the afternoon.
Best Days of the Week: On some of the cycling tracks, weekends get pre-booked weeks in advance, so make sure to either check for the bookings or go on weekdays when it is relatively less crowded.
Best Places to Go Cycling in Dubai
1. Nad Al Sheba ParkIf you wish your experience of cycling in Dubai to be a memorable one, then cycling on a camel track will definitely find a place on your list. The 1family-friendly park is the ideal place for beginners and children with flat and easy tracks to cycle. They have a separate track for children to make t8hem aware of traffic rules in a safe environment. The track is well equipped with air-conditioned changing rooms and floodlights for riding even at night. The best part of this track is that it has an astounding view of the Burj Khalifa
Length: Nad Al Sheba track has three routes to choose from. The shortest track is 4 Km long while the longest is about 9 Km.
Location: Meydan Road, Nad Al Sheba Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2. Al Qudra Cycle TrackThe 85 km long track situated in the middle of nature, has a breathtaking view of the vast deserts. It is the largest cycling track in the world. The track also boasts of the best sunsets and sunrises in Dubai and is the perfect adventure for both experienced as well as novice cyclists as well. The track is lined with resting spots with sheds and refreshments available. The track is mostly flat with some small ascent but nothing too challenging. The track is open all day and night and does not charge any fee.
Length: The track also has an option of a shorter 15km route in case you don’t want to take the 86 km track.
Location: near Al Qudra Lakes, Dubai. The starting point of the track can be easily found on Google maps.
3. AutodromeYou may think that this place is more popular for car races but indeed it is becoming a popular track for cycling in Dubai. On Wednesday night, all those who bring their own cycles are welcome for a cycling a loop of 2.5 Km. Along with cyclists, you will also come across runners enjoying these racing tracks between 6 PM to 9 PM. The track is a great place for beginners and a good relief from the usual tracks for those who cycle regularly. The track is open for kids as well, so you can bring them along for an evening full of fun.
Length: It is a 2.5 km long track which one can circle a number of times
Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd - Dubai
4. Al Warqa's Jogging and Cycling TrackThis place is the one-stop destination for cycling, jogging, football and a dedicated play area and rides for kids. One of the major reasons that cycling in U.A.E has been gaining so much momentum is because of parks such as this one all across the country. Here one can ride the 3.55 km long cycle track without any worry of traffic. With lush green beauty of the park and an array of other sports to choose from along with cycling, this place is a popular choice among beginners and families.
Length: 3.55 km long cycling track
Location: Al Warqa’a Third Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5. Mushrif ParkOne of the oldest tracks for cycling in Dubai, this park located on Khawaneej road. It is still popular for recreational cycling in the city. This is yet another park which provides many facilities for your little in case they wish to come along. The best part about this five-kilometre long track are the various other amenities one will find along with it such as a BBQ pit. The lighting of this park at night.is not as good as other places, so if you are planning a trip at night, you might wish to check the other options in this list. The park has an entrance fee AED 10 and is till 11 PM at night.
Length: 5km long track.
Location: Near Expat Community Hall, Mirdif, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6. Jumeirah Cycling TrackThis is yet another track which will give you a cycling experience unique to Dubai. The cycling track is right beside the Jumeirah beach and has a spectacular view of Burj Al Arab. The cycle track is mostly for recreational with the endless ocean on one side and BBQ pits, showers and refreshments on the other.
Length: 2km long
Location: Jumeirah Beach, Opposite Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7. Hatta Mountain Bike Trail CentreIf you are looking for something adventurous and challenging, then mountain biking in Hatta will be the perfect choice for you. One of the first of its kind in Dubai, the trail has colour coded routes based on the level of difficulty the rider is ready to take on. While it is green for beginner trails, it is black for very skilled riders. The track is open round the year and is free of cost. They have a parking area and the trails are well
Length: There are trails of various lengths based on your skill level.
Location: Near Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Bicycle Rentals in Dubai
1. Wolfi’s Bike ShopOne of the oldest bike shops in Dubai, this store opened in 2002. It was named after the owner Wolfgang Hohmann. They have mountain bikes, road bikes and all the other equipment required.
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road
2. Trek Bicycle StoreThe location of this rental store near the Al Qudra cycling tracks makes it a popular choice among people. If you pre-book a cycle before reaching there, you can hit the tracks within 20 minutes of reaching there.
Cost: The price ranges between AED 53 - AED 155 and can be booked online.
Location: Al Qudra Cycle Course, Al Qudra Rd. Seih Al Salam Dubai
Best Places to Go Cycling in Abu Dhabi
1. Yas Marina CircuitIf Dubai has a camel track to offer, Abu Dhabi gives you the chance to cycle on Formula one racing track. Yas Island has a centre dedicated to extreme sports, which has one of the best tracks for cycling in U.A.E. The track is open for cycle enthusiasts on Tuesdays and Sundays and Wednesdays are reserved for female cyclists. Along with these days, there are special events happening all around the year, therefore it is recommended to check their website before planning a visit. The track may be slightly challenging. It would be a great learning experience with some challenging ascents.
Length: Each lap is 5.5km long
Location: Yas Island, Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2. Corniche Cycle TrackThis cycling track along the popular Corniche road and the coastline has a number of landmarks such as Al Bahar and the iconic Emirates Palace Hotel. The track also leads you to the world heritage village and the flagpole of Abu Dhabi which used to be the largest in the world. Overall, it will be a splendid way of travelling the city while covering some of the iconic destinations of the city. There is a guided tour every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday which gives you a brief history of the city.
Length: The track is around 9km long, but covering while touring the landmarks and the scenic beauty of the city may take around 2 hours.
Location: Corniche Bike Track, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3. Qasr Al Sarab- Dune CyclingAs the name suggests, this one is all about cycling over sand dunes. In a typical Chandler Bing fashion, I'd like to ask; Could it be any better? The five-star resort is the first of its kind to have introduced fat biking over sand dunes as an activity which their guests can enjoy. These sessions which last around one and a half to two hours will be a guided tour where the guide will show you indigenous animals of the desert along the way. The cost for the same is AED 175 (USD 48) per person.
Length: It would be between 7km to 10km.
Location: Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4. Al Wathba Cycle TrackIf you wish to have a typical experience of cycling in Abu Dhabi then this will be the perfect choice for you. Those who have some experience of cycling in U.A.E will compare this track to the Al Qudra cycle track of Dubai. A 30-minute drive away from the main city, the track is open 24/7 and is free of cost. They provide amenities such as changing rooms, bike shop, parking area. The track path is well maintained and has lighting for riding in the night as well but only for some tracks.
Length: One can choose from 8, 16, 20, 22, 30 km long tracks.
Location: Al Wathba, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
5. Al Hudayriat Island Cycle TrackThis newly built complex opened in 2018. It is not very crowded which makes it an ideal place for beginners. The best time to visit these tracks is in the early morning hours or just before sunset. Along with cycling, there are other outdoor sports activities such as swimming, volleyball and football. There are great options for food as well around this area.
Length: There are two options of 5km and 10km to choose from.
Location: Al Hudayriat Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Bicycle Rentals in Abu Dhabi
1. Fun Ride Sport ShopTo make your trip easier, the Corniche track has three cycle renting stations along the route, you can pick and drop your bike at any one of these. These services are provided by Fun Ride Sport Shop
Cost: They charge AED 20 per hour.
Location: Corniche Bike Track, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2. ADCB BikeshareThis was the first bike renting shop based in Abu Dhabi. The rental shop increased its expanse over more locations after partnering with Cyacle in 2017.
Cost: A one day pass will cost you AED 15/- while a three-day pass will be for AED 40/-
Location: They have stations all over Abu Dhabi near landmarks such as Al Raha Beach, Masdar, and Yas Island.
Spinneys Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge
If you are looking for something more challenging along with then the Spinneys cycling challenge would be an interesting addition to your itinerary to Dubai. This popular cycling challenge was started in 2009 and invites both amateur and experienced cyclists to take part in it. The challenge is held in two formats one which requires you to cover a distance of 92km and a slightly easier one which requires you to cover a distance of 53 km. The only criteria to enter the race is that every rider should have an average speed of 26km per hour or more. The challenge will be held on 29th November in 2019 and is being organised at autodrome.
Apart from this one, there are other races and challenges to look forward to while cycling in U.A.E. Some of these would be Coast to Coast Challenge, Summer Solstice Crazy Bonkers Rides and UAE Road Cycling Championship.
Things to Keep in Mind While Cycling in UAE- As cycling becomes a popular choice of outdoor sports not only for travellers from outside but also for locals, the U.A.E government has some basic rules in place to ensure everyone's well being.
- Wearing Helmets is a must while cycling in U.A.E.
- The traffic in most cities is so bad that cyclists are not allowed on footpaths and main roads unless specially mentioned. If you do not believe us just chat with some local rider and he/she will give you the proper picture.
- The U.A.E law does not allow double seat riding and you may have to pay a penalty of up to AED 200 = INR 3873.
- While cycling in Sharjah keep in mind that many local parks are banned for cyclists.
- Having front and rear lights in full working conditions is a must. So do check these before renting a bicycle.
- Apart from these rules, prefer riding in groups to ensure your own safety.
- Do not take any unmarked path because they may lead to a sandy patch. If you wish to cycle in sandy regions buy/rent fat bikes whose tires are more in width than normal cycles.
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times while cycling in U.A.E.
- To protect yourself against thieves, make sure to park your bike in a parking lot with a lock on it.
Cycling in the United Arab Emirates is a great way of staying fit as well as exploring a place. It will help you in burning some fat while having a good time doing. Challenging courses such as the Hatta course and Al Qudra make cycling in U.A.E a memorable experience and a great way of spending quality time with your friends and family.