Here are the 10 Best Places to view a Sunset in Maui:
1. Kapalua BayThe beaches of Hawaii have made it one of the most popular tourist attractions over the years. The Kapalua Bay is one of the most scenic spots on the island of Maui, thanks to rock formers bordering the bay on each end. This also makes it the perfect place to catch a sunset, as the hues of dusk reflect against the still water of the bay, making it a surreal experience!
2. Keawakapu BeachOne of the quieter and more private beaches on the island of Maui, Keawakapu Beach is a great spot for those looking to lie on the pristine white sand while seeing the sun set over the Pacific. The clear seas are illuminated in reddish orange hues, while the gentle waves crash on the shore, giving guests a true sense of nature in all its radiant beauty on the shores of this beach!
3. Haleakala National ParkAdventure lovers will thoroughly enjoy the trek that leads to the top of the Haleakala volcano on the island of Maui. Finding a way through the dense tropical forests may be daunting to some, considering the elevation changes, but eventually leads to the summit of the volcano. Here one can witness an infinite sunset over the stunning Hawaiian landscape, with nothing to obstruct the stunning setting of the dusk. If the cloud cover for the day is low, then viewing the sunset from here will feel like watching from the heavens, making it a once in a lifetime moment!
4. Wailea BeachWailea Beach is one of the more exotic and fancier parts on the island of Maui. The beach offers a blend of natural bliss and modern day luxury for those looking to enjoy the sunset in multiple ways. While the beach has great snorkelling opportunities thanks to the lava rock formations, the grass banks make it a great place to watch the sun retire for the day with your family. If you are looking to make the experience more luxurious, head to one of the local restaurants during dusk to finish off the day in style.
5. Lahaina Pali TrailAnother one for the adventure seekers, this trail is a real challenge even for experienced hikers. The 500 ft vertical ascent to the top is not easy for most people, but the view from the top during the sunset makes it all the more worth it. The panoramic view of the island is breathtaking to say the least, while one can even spot dolphins in the ocean as the purple and orange hues of the setting sun flood the sky. As a result, it is one of the most sought after places to view a sunset in Maui!
6. Po’olenalena Beach ParkIf one is looking to catch a sunset in Maui without having their peace disturbed by large crowds, then heading to Po'olenalena Beach is a great idea to do just that. Popularly known as Chang’s Beach amongst tourists, the pristine waters make for a picturesque sunset. The reflection of the bright orange sky while the sun dives below the distant horizon makes it a favorite for those with a love for photography and scenic locations that are truly memorable!
7. Makena Cove BeachThe idyllic Makena Cove Beach was a local secret that has increasingly welcomed tourists in recent times. The beach gives one the perfect setting to catch a tropical setting, thanks to the numerous palm trees and lava rocks that line the shores of this beach. The water is clear and the walk through the rocks a pleasant adventure, making sure catching a sunset in Maui while lying on this beach is absolutely worth it.
8. Kamaole Beach Park IIIThe Kamaole Beach Park III is ideal for families with kids as well as surfers and water sports enthusiasts. The beach provides numerous facilities to tourists such as picnic tables and public restrooms to enjoy the sunset. As a result, one can sip on a drink and look out into the ocean as the sun bids farewell to the scenic Maui coastline, leaving behind orange and purple hues in the sky above. One can catch the sunset from the sandy beach or the grassy area nearby, making it all the more comfortable and convenient.
9. Embassy Suites by HiltonFor some, a vacation in Maui means indulging in luxury and enjoying the pampering provided by the star hotels of the region. If one finds themself in a west facing suite of the Embassy Suites by Hilton, then they are guaranteed to have one of the best seats in the house to watch a sunset in Maui. Located on Waikiki Beach, the hotel offers premium services including in-room dining and other amenities, while providing guests with a private balcony to view the glorious sun setting over the vast Pacific Ocean.
10. Sunset CruisesLooking for a way to make a sunset experience truly stand out? Then choose a Sunset Cruise that takes guests into the ocean around sunset, giving them a chance to view the sunset over the unending ocean. This is a great option for couples looking to spend some quality time in an intimate setting while the skies around them are illuminated in stunning hues of orange and red. Cruise operators provide drinks and food, as well as dinner and private tables for a memorable experience!
That’s the list of the 10 best places to watch a sunset in Maui for a truly surreal and memorable experience! Let us know if there are other places on the island where the sunset is as spectacular, if not better!