The tropical island of Hawaii is one of the two states in America that grows coffee beans commercially and has many popular local coffee destinations on the islands itself. The mainland has many international coffee shops like Starbucks, Tea Leaf, and Coffee Bean. Cafes in Maui are among the best in the country, which is why the taste and ambience of the local coffee shops and cafes bring many coffee lovers to the best local coffee shops in Maui.
Here Is Our List of Favourite Cafes in Maui:
1. Alba's Cuban ColadasAlba's Cuban Coladas is one of the best cafes in Maui for serving authentic Cuban cuisine. The tiny coffee truck is the first shop in Maui that has a whole Cuban menu, with the main attraction being Cuban coffee. The best combo preferred by the locals is authentic Cuban coffee along with empanadas. For someone who wants to try the best Cuban menu in Maui, Alba's Cuban Coladas stands to be the best place to impress you with its tasty snacks and coffee.
Address: 55 Kiopaa Street Makawao, HI 96768.
Timings: Monday-Wednesday 7 AM – 2 PM
Saturday & Sunday 7 AM – 1 PM
Highlights: Camarones Enchilados, Bocaditos, Cafe con Leche, Cortadito
2. Wailuku Coffee CompanyWailuku Coffee Company is one of the best cafes in Maui serving the best espresso in Maui. Truly following their motto, the place is the busiest amongst the locals throughout the weekdays with live music events. Situated at two different locations, the coffee shop is well known for its 100% Kona, Hawaiian Hazelnut, and Vanilla Macadamia Nut. It has a variety of menus for pastries, sandwiches, coffee, smoothies, bagels, and salads. The coffee shop also serves kids menu making it the best coffee shop in Maui for kids.
Address: Wailuku - 26 N Market St, Wailuku Hawaii 96793
Haiku - 810 Kokomo Road #112, Haiku HI 96708
Timings: Monday-Friday 6 AM-5 PM
Saturday 7 AM-5 PM
Sunday 7 AM-3 PM
Highlights: Carmilla Latte, Iced Toddy Coffee, Chai Latte
3. Grandma’s Coffee HouseGrandma’s Coffee House is one of the best coffee shops in Maui, serving delicious meals and authentic Arabica coffee since 1918. The coffee spot is a must-visit while returning from Haleakala Volcano for some best organic coffee in Maui. You can even see the 100-year-old roaster through the display window of the cafe. Apart from its iconic coffee and ambience, it is also known for its varied breakfast and lunch menu.
Address: 9232 Kula highway
Timings: Breakfast & Lunch- 7 AM-5 PM
Dinner (only Wednesday to Saturday)- 5 PM-8 PM
Highlights: Coffee, Banana Pineapple Cake, Eggs Benedict
4. The Coffee StoreThe Coffee Store is one of the popular coffee shops in Maui known for its unique coffee drinks, bakery items, and sandwiches using local ingredients. As the store is known for its Hawaiian coffee, it's crowded with locals and travellers throughout the week. Before heading towards Kahakuloa as a visitor, you can also pick their locally grown coffee beans along with the best coffee in Maui.
Address: 5095 Napilihau Street, Napili
Timings: 6 AM-6 PM
Highlights: Coconut Macaroons, Banana Mocha
5. Hawaiian Village CoffeeLocated in West Maui, Hawaiian Village Coffee is one of the coziest cafes in Maui to grab your instant handcrafted drink. It is famous for its instant Hawaiin coffees and espresso, along with its freshly baked snacks like bagels, donuts, and muffins. The cafe also has a few computers and printer services for its customers at a minimum rate and friendly service.
Address: Location: 4405 Honoapiilani Highway, Lahaina
Timings: 6 AM-6 PM
Highlights: Energy Ball, Espresso, Bagel
6. Maui Coffee RoastersEstablished on the Hawaiian island of Maui in 1827, Maui Coffee Roasters is popular among the locals for serving the highest quality coffee. The coffee shop serves 100% Kona roast to make the finest coffee on the island. The cafe also has a variety of breakfast menus, lunch menus, and delicious pastries. The bright artwork and local music make the place one of the best coffee shops in Maui.
Address: 444 Hana Hwy Kahului, Maui, Hawaii.
Timings: Monday – Friday 7 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 7 AM - 2 PM.
Highlights: High Thai iced coffee, Latte, Huevos Bagel
7. Paia Bay CoffeeThe Paia Bay Coffee is one of the best outdoor cafes in Maui with the best coffees and ambiance. The coffee place is famous for 100% Maui Mokka Peaberry Coffee and a variety of lattes. The vegan-friendly, ocean-friendly and sustainable options available at the cafe are what makes it one of the best cafes in Maui. By the end of the day, you can even see the cafe transform into a lively bar with dinner, bar, and live music.
Address: 115 Hana Highway, Paia
Timings: 7 AM – 8 PM
Highlights: Espresso, Peaberry Coffee, Eggs with Goat Cheese
8. Akamai Coffee Co.Akamai Coffee Co. is one of the modern cafes in Maui, and as the name says, it also has the smartest minimal decor. It also serves one of the best locally grown Maui coffee. For instant service, the coffee shop also has a drive-through service in Kahului. The signature Maui Peaberry, Akamai Signature Roast, and Makawao Ave coffee and beans are popular among the locals as well as the visitors.
Address: Cafe- 1325 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Drive through- 100 Pakaula St, Kahului, HI 96768
Highlights: Maui Mokka, Yellow Brick Road Roast, Macadamia nut latte
9. Maui Coffee AtticMaui Coffee Attic is one of the most popular coffee shops in Maui for its musical vibe with the best coffee. The cafe also hosts regular music shows and is popular among the musicians and the locals. For coffee and music lovers, this place is the best hangout spot in Maui.
Address: 59 Kanoa St, Wailuku, HawaiiHave we missed out on any of your favourite cafes in Maui? Let us know in the comments below!
Timings: Monday-Saturday 6 AM - 4 PM
Highlights: Lilikoi croissants, Espresso