Read on for a list of our favourite places to indulge in shopping in Krabi:
1. Vogue Department Store, Krabi Located in the heart of the town, the Vogue Department Store is a three-storey building with a Shopping Plaza lavishly placed in its basement. Vogue is reputed for selling branded and designer labelled goods. The store has products such as clothes, toys, shoes, electronic gadgets, electronic gadgets, etc. There are a gaming room and a karaoke-mini-room in one corner of the plaza. Excellent eateries like KFC, The Pizza Company, Swensen’s and Watson’s are also there to help you refuel after a long day of shopping.
Location: 76/1 Maharaj Road, Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang KrabiTimings: Monday to Thursday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Friday to Sunday: 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM
2. Klong Muang PlazaA pack of antique and handicraft shops, messages and beauty parlours, cafes and boutiques, the Klong Muang Plaza is quite different from the other shopping areas of Bangkok. The atmosphere is this place is relaxed, calm and quiet. Massage parlours available to destress the soul before indulging into shopping. The plaza also contains a couple of restaurants and a nice cosy bar owned by Nut and Annie.
Location: Nong Thale, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, ThailandTimings: Remains open only on Sunday and Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
3. Victoria Fashion House A destination for shopping in Krabi which has gained massive popularity in the recent past for its handmade goods, the Victoria Fashion House is deemed to be of professional quality and sells top quality items to its customers. The quality of the clothing material is top-notch. One can get custom suits made here. A measured suit takes approximately only three days to be prepared and handed over to the customer.
Location: 6024, Tambon Nong Thale, Amphoe Mueang KrabiTimings: Monday to Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
4. Big C MallBig C is a standard red and green shopping mall which is found throughout the city of Krabi. This mall deals in a wide range of products varying from washing machines, electronic goods, fresh and preserved food, cheap clothing, children’s toys, etc. The striking feature of this chain of malls is that it sells products of brands like Bata, KT Optic, BIg Camera at a much lesser price than the other stores. These malls also host several restaurants at its food court. They generally have enormous spaces for parking, a bank with an ATM and public toilets.
Location: 34911 Phet Kasem Rd, Tambon Krabi Noi, Amphoe Mueang Krabi, Chang Wat Krabi 81000, ThailandTimings: All days from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
5. Pooja Tailor Recommended by many tourists and travellers, the Pooja Tailor’s shop is said to serve its customers with great care and the utmost attention to minute details. They sell women's, men’s as well as kid’s wears. The quality of their clothes are high, as has been reviewed by several customers from all across the globe.
Location: 36/10 moo three Klong Muang Beach, Nong Thale, Mueang Krabi DistrictTimings: Monday to Sunday: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
6. Outlet Village Krabi
Location: Moo 11 888 Phet Kasem Rd, Tambon Krabi Noi, Amphoe Mueang Krabi, Chang Wat KrabiTimings: All days from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
7. Ao Nang’s Catalunya Walking Street Opened in 2007, the Ao Nang’s Catalunya Walking Street is an L-shaped lane that resembles a marketplace. This street is ideal for shopping in Krabi and is accessible through the three entrances, namely the TMB Bank branch of the Beach Road, a Haagen Dazs outlet and the Sitti Cafe. The street is marked by dozens of small shops and stalls selling a wide variety of souvenirs including Buddha Masks and statues, traditional Thai fabrics, candle-holders, etc. It also sells T-shirts, swimwear, etc.
For food, we recommend the Tex-Mex restaurant, which even features daily live music from 7:30 PM. Apart from this, the Blue Orchid is a must-visit which serves Mexican and Thai dishes as well as pizzas, kebabs and burgers.
Location: At the southern corner of Ao Nang Beach RoadTimings: Monday to Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
8. Sabai Ba Bars and Souvenirs
Location: 3P5X+F9 Nong Thale, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi, ThailandTimings: All days from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
9. Krabi Weekend Night Market Referred to as one of the best night markets in Krabi, this place is stunning and has a brilliant atmosphere, fantastic food and drink stalls at incredibly affordable prices as well as entertainment. One can find a handful of t-shirts, local crafts and souvenirs as well as stalls selling a range of items varying from bracelets to electrical goods at affordable prices. There are plenty of Chicken Skewers or Pad Thai to try out too.
A unique programme takes place over here every Friday to Sunday when a live performance is presented on a large centre stage which brings this night market to life.
Note: Be a little cautious regarding fake items sold here.Location: Maharaj Rd, Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang Krabi
10. Krabi Souvenir Shop
Location: 4 Tambon Sai Thai, Chang Wat KrabiTimings: Everyday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
11. Maharaj MarketAlso known as the ‘morning market’, this place is flooded with exotic fresh goods like rice, spices, chilli paste, colourful fruits, meat, fish, etc. Several food stalls also sell ready to eat meals and drinks at minimal prices. This market is the right place for fresh grocery shopping in Krabi. A visit to the Maharaj Market is a lifetime experience since it is a perfect glimpse of daily life in southern Thailand.
Location: Soi 7 off Mahajan Road in downtown KrabiTimings: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM
12. Ban Nateen Local Handicrafts Centre
Location: 5/4 Moo 4 T Muang, Ao Nang, ThailandTimings: Open on all days from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
13. Chock Dee Handmade Jewelry ShopIf you are looking for a place in Krabi for your jewellery shopping, then this place is the perfect answer to your needs. The shop deals are great jewellery, and its service is unparalleled. Their jewellery are work of art, precision and uniqueness. A must visit if gifting your loved ones is awaited.
Location: 142/6 Moo 2 Tambon Ao Nang, Amphoe Mueang Krabi, Chang Wat KrabiTimings: All days from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
What to Buy in KrabiIf you are shopping in Krabi for souvenirs to take back home to family and friends, here's a list of items you must take back home with you:
1. Handicrafts and Local Products:Thailand boasts of its skills in handicrafts and handmade products. Krabi is no exception to this. On a typical day of shopping, you will encounter thousands of products, both contemporary and traditional, offered for sale. These are mostly made up of bamboo, cane, silk, wood, paper, ceramic etc. The variety of handicrafts usually oscillate from the depiction of animals like elephants to bead bracelets, mango wood plates, etc. It does not matter as to where these items are purchased from as skill level, and expertise remains unaltered throughout.
2. Authentic Jewellery in Krabi:Cheap authentic jewellery are sold by almost all of the local shops in Krabi. These include beaded, wooden and leather bracelets, chokers and necklaces, stylish earrings, etc. The shell fossil souvenir stands are highly in demand by local as well as foreign tourists. In addition to that, the market is flooded with pearl jewellery, which are thoroughly cheap and the prices of which can be further reduced through bargaining. An exciting place to visit is the jewellery workshop are Dragonfly Silver, which shall teach the basics of jewellery making and allow to create one’s special piece at their garden workshop. The golden jewellery shops can be identified by the bright red interiors and their displays. They usually provide a buyback guarantee making it reliable and trustworthy.
- Krabi Walking street: Cheapest jewellery available
- Chok Dee on Ao Nang Beach Road: Popular for silver designs
- Fish Silver Jewellery: Specializes in silver jewellery
Tips When Shopping in Krabi
- Sharpen your bargaining skills as you can get a good deal of it to get the most out of your shopping.
- The markets are bustling and hot during the peak hours of 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. So if you happen to visit them during this part of the day, be patient and be prepared for a crowd.
- For a comfortable experience, it is preferable to start shopping by 5:30 pm.
- Be aware of fake goods being sold under the tags of high rated brands.