Ao Nang and Krabi Town have a great deal to offer as far as bars and dance clubs, as do the nearby regions and islands of Railay Beach, Koh Phi and Koh Lanta.
Does your dream vacation involve sipping a chilled drink by the beach, having speciality lager at an offbeat theme pub or a night of busting out moves on a glitzy dance floor? Regardless, Krabi will be sure to delight you!
Here are some of the best nightlife spots in Krabi:
Best Chilled Beers
1. Chu-A-Pa StudioThe craft beer phenomenon is taking off in Thailand and there is hardly a place better to experience it in Krabi than Chu-a-Pa Studio. This rustic looking bar peeks out from the road with folks savouring speciality blends, both Thai and foreign. The staff are warm and well-trained and will happily help you pick the correct ale, lager or stout to suit your taste.
Location: 92 Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang Krabi
2. Factory Beer GardenA hit with both Thais and tourists, Factory Beer Garden is a neat open-air place for nightlife in Krabi to appreciate a good local brew. You can unwind with a chilled beer and enjoy live band performances in the rock garden before refuelling with snacks or a full meal from the café beside it.
Location: 211 Maharaj Rd, Tambon Pak Nam, Amphoe Mueang Krabi
For Divine Cocktails
3. Get Rad'sFairly a newbie on the Krabi scene, Get Rad's truly has the knack to awe you. It has made a name for itself with its amazing cocktails that are a breath of fresh air from the usual margaritas and cosmos we generally expect. Real fruit, skilled barmen, unique glasses to suit every mix of drinks and no plastic straws- time to say “cheers!”.
Location: 459/2 4203, Tambon Ao Nang, Amphoe Mueang Krabi
Great Spots by the Beach
4. Tew Lay BarFor an iced cocktail by the sea, go straight to Tew Lay Bar on Railay beach. This quaint bamboo-roofed bar plays relaxing reggae beats and serves up basic yet delightful cocktail drinks that you can sip as you unwind while sunbathing on the sand.
Location: Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
5. Bamboo BarBamboo Bar is a casual spot situated on the shoreline toward the finish of Railay Walking Street. The bar is not only famous for its nightlife in Krabi but also its bustling scenes during the day. They switch it up from chill beach vibes and sunset melodies to EDM throughout the night on the dance floor with live music, strong cocktails and glimmering LED lights.
Location: Railay Beach, Krabi
6. Freedom BarFreedom Bar has all the elements to make a great beachside bar- comfortable bean bags, carved wooden tables, tasty drinks and beautiful sunsets every evening. Many guests choose to relax on the beachside lounge chairs while stargazing, but there are pool tables, fire artists and even live tattoo artists to keep you engaged.
Location: Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
For Fantastic Live Music
6. Boogie Bar, Ao NangLocated in Ao Nang Walking Street, a couple of steps from the beach, Boogie Bar is a retro seventies-style bar, split in two by the walking street’s lane. The bar’s larger side features chairs, tables, a pool table, and of course the bar counter, while the smaller side hosts a few tables and the stage on which a cover band performs regularly. Classic tunes of pop-rock are executed with energy by the live band which is the attraction of this quirky bar. The drink menu has all the favourites, from beer and cocktail to soft drinks. Want a groovy way to experience the nightlife in Krabi? This place is the one
Location: Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000
Raging Sports Bars
7. Chilling Bar & Restaurant, PaknamScrumptious food, nice chilled beer and live football telecasts playing on the big screen TV draw the crowd to Chilling Bar & Restaurant. Experience nightlife in the heart of Krabi at this bustling sports bar with friendly staff and a lively atmosphere.
Location: 12/3 Chaofa Road, Paknam
For Action-Packed Thai Boxing
8. Last BarThis bar used to be appropriately named as it was the last bar along the Railay strip however the street has since expanded taking away story of the name. In any case, Last Bar remains a fun spot for a night out in Krabi. The bar offers a beachside area, cheap buckets (a must in Thailand), fire shows and regular Muay Thai boxing events. The matches can drag on sometimes, however, once you've had a couple of drinks, you'll find yourself cheering along with the crowd!
Location: Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand
For Party Animals
9. Chang BarIf pumping music and night-long dancing are what you expect out of the nightlife in Krabi, head to Chang Bar. One of the biggest nightlife spots in Ao Nang, it will appeal to the party animal in you. With cocktails, shots, shisha, drag queens, DJs and a dance floor, things get pretty crazy here.
Location: Tambon Ao Nang, Amphoe Mueang Krabi
To Go Clubbing
10. Krabi Pub CrawlThis place has all the clubbing fun you could imagine. The Krabi Pub Crawl runs each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday starting at 8 p.m. in the evening. With four bars on the event agenda, it's a night to remember. Awesome DJ’s, a pumping sound system and great cocktails, it’s the perfect way to end (start) your night.
Location: 376/40 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, 81000Get your dancing shoes ready and experience the exciting nightlife in Krabi, Thailand!