Here are 8 famous streets for Shopping in Agra and things to buy:
1. Sadar Bazaar
Things to buy: Since Agra is very famous for its leather products, do not forget to buy them from here. A store named Taj Leather World located in the market is reasonable and offers good quality products. If you want to buy ethnic clothing, footwear and accessories, you need to head out to the Sadar Bazaar!
Tips: Always bargain before making the final call.
Timings11:30 AM to 6 PM, Tuesday closed
2. Subhash BazaarSubhash Bazaar is another popular market of Agra which is situated in Halwai Gali near the northern edge of Jama Masjid nearby the Agra Fort.
Things to buy: Silk products and silk saris
Tips: With the right negotiating skills, one is likely to find some good quality products at reasonable price.
Timings: 11 AM to 9 PM, Tuesday closed
3. Kinari BazaarKinari Bazaar is located near Jama Masjid of Agra. It is the wholesale market of the city with a great history which makes it one of the top places for shopping in Agra.
Things to Buy: Handicrafts, along with marble, glassware, rugs, leather and textiles.
Tips: Try to get yourself a good bargain in the wholesale and get good quality products at a reasonable price.
Timings: 11 AM to 9 PM, Tuesday closed
4. TDI Mall
Things to Buy: The place is famous for its wide range of products and clothes both branded as well as non-branded.
Tips: Visit the mall when there is a sale on brands because that is the time when you are likely to find a value for money.
Timings: 10 AM to 10 PM
5. Raja Ki MandiIt is one of the busiest and most crowded shopping markets in Agra. A railway station named Raja ki Mandi railway station is situated right beside the market, in the Lohamandi region of Agra.
Things to Buy: Garments, sweets, jewellery, ladies items, household items and religious items.
Tips: A person who loves street shopping will adore the place. Also, do not forget to bargain the prices for a reasonable deal.
6. Shah MarketThis market is situated near the Sanjay Place market of Agra. It is one of the finest wholesale and retail markets for shopping in Agra.
Things to Buy: Smartphones, as well as other branded mobile phones, are present in the market too. If a second-hand mobile phone is needed or the existing one needs some help, this is the perfect place.
Timings: 11 AM to 11 PM
7. Shahganj BazaarThis local market situated in Agra has grown over the years giving out some good quality products.
Things to Buy: Almost everything can be found out in the market from furniture to clothes and ladies bags to shoes. It also has one of the best vegetable markets in the city.
Tips: Do not give any price quoted. Bargain to some extent. Also, take care of your belongings.
8. Shoe MarketThis market is located in the area called Hing Ki Mandi. It is a very famous shoe market in the city.
Things to Buy: Since Agra is popular for its footwear industry, one can get a good pair of shoes at the market.
Tips: Since the market is situated in a congested area, it is advisable not to drive your vehicle there. Instead, use the public transport. The market is visited by wholesalers to buy the products in wholesale meaning that one can get quite a good deal at the market.
Timings: 10 AM to 4 PM
Famous Shops in AgraNumerous retail outlets in Agra have a host of handicraft on sale. If you want to purchase souvenirs, you can head to the UP Handlooms and UPICA on MG Road. Apart from these, Subhash Emporium offer products made of Agra marble. There are also many big showrooms and government-run handicraft shops that you can shop in.
Things to Buy in Agra
- When shopping in Agra, you just can't miss splurging on the marble crafts. You can buy a miniature marble replica of the Taj Mahal or exquisite marble vases, ashtrays and ornamental boxes.
- The other thing Agra is famous for is leather, be it leather boots, belts, bags, slipper or jackets. Agra has markets where you can get some of the best deals on leather goods.
- Another must-buy item is the rugs and carpets. You can choose from a wide range of mats, rugs, wall hangings and carpets.
Tips For Shopping In Agra
- While shopping in Agra, be careful about the quality of stone and marble products. One way of identifying is that the genuine marble is opaque and does not allow light to pass through.
- Avoid going shopping with drivers or guides at they tend to get heavy commissions, making your items costly
- Credit cards are accepted at almost all the shops in Agra