Timings : 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Time Required : 1 - 2 hrs
Entry Fee : No entry fee
Planning a Trip? Ask Your Question
Namdroling Monastery, situated at a distance of 34 km from the Coorg, is the largest teaching centre of the school of Tibetan Buddhism known as Nyingmapa. Popularly known as the 'Golden Temple', the Namdroling Monastery holds some excellent examples of Tibetan architecture and artwork, as seen with the elaborately decorated temple tower and ornate outer walls, intricately adorned with beautiful murals.
Travel Tips : 1. The prayer rituals are conducted around 1 PM and are quite delightful to watch.
2. The prayer wheels and the shrines should be circled only in the clockwise direction with the right hand.
3. Food stalls, as well as washrooms, are provided for the comfort of the visitors.
4. Cameras are allowed in the monastery so the tourists can capture some memories and fun facts about the place.
5. No pets and no footwear are permitted inside the monastery.
6. The restaurants near the monastery close by 7:00 PM so reach there on time.
7. Shaking hands with the monks of the monastery is not allowed at all.
8. The clothing should be such that it is in sync with the simple environment.
9. The shoes, as well as ringing phones, should be kept outside the main hall.
10. Shopping centres near the temples offer tourists the opportunity to purchase traditional Tibetan items like costumes, statues, carpets, and jewellery.
11. Alcohol, as well as smoking, is strictly prohibited on the premises.
vignesh p.gopanon Golden Temple (Namdroling Monastery) 1 year ago
Satish Sundarrajon Golden Temple (Namdroling Monastery) 2 years ago