Where Is it?Located only 5 kms from Dubare, between Kushal Nagar and Madikeri, the Elephant Trail Homestay is a humble place to unwind and relax by nature. Fully equipped with necessary amenities, the stay offers two bedrooms and can accommodate 12 guests at a time. Chill with your friends and family in the verandah and overlook the fantastic greenery! You may also get to meet the owners of this beautiful homestay, a father and son duo!
2. Golden TempleAlso known as Namdroling Monastery, the Golden Temple is approximately a 40-minute drive from Elephant Trail Homestay. The largest teaching centre of the school of Tibetan Buddhism known as Nyingmapa, the monastery evokes peaceful vibes along with its well-manicured gardens around the area.
3. Iruppu FallsCascading the mighty Brahmagiri Mountain Range, the water of Iruppu falls is considered to be holy and believed to clean past sins of the devotees. Best time to visit is during monsoon for breathtaking views. Located around 60 km from the homestay, Iruppu falls would be approximately an hour and a half long drive-through.
4. Abbey FallsRushing down from the height of 60 feet, Abbey falls is an hour-long drive from the homestay. You can witness spectacular views of this waterfall by standing on an over-bridge hanging opposite of the falls.
5. MandalpattiA unique vantage point overlooking green hills of Pushpagiri Forest in the Western Ghats, Mandalpatti offers few of the best scenery in Coorg. Mandalpatti would approximately be an hour and 40-minute drive down from the homestay via the Mandalpatti Road. However, there are other routes, as well. You could also use Chettalli Road, which would also take the same duration to reach the attraction.
Cost Per NightINR 2,400
- They offer a complimentary light breakfast.
- Inform them in advance and pay an additional cost of INR 300 if you wish to have lunch or dinner here.
- Due to the remote location of this property, phone network connectivity is low for no other network except BSNL, but the stay is still manageable without mobile connectivity.
- There is no WiFi.
- It is advised not to walk around the location past 7:00 PM.
- Cable TV (South Indian channels only)
- Laundry services
- Free parking in the premises
- Long-term stays of up to 28 days are allowed
Guest AccessGuests can explore the estate with the ownersâ€™ guidance. However, they urge their guests to avoid roaming after 7:00 PM as elephants are expected to be in the estate. You may also witness wild elephants from the balcony.
What do you think about the Elephant Trail Homestay? Have you been here before? Do you plan on visiting the place anytime soon? Let us know in the comments below!