Timings : 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Entry Fee : No Entry Fee
About 14 kms from Denpasar and Past Canggu's greenery, Echo beach welcomes you with its stunning black sand and sunset, great reef breaks and seafood cafes. A hotspot for surfers during the day, the beach acquires a laid-back vibe in the evenings with its beanbags and parasols. Well-maintained by the locals and tourists, Echo beach is ideal for both the thrill-seeking surfer as well as the lazy sunbather.
Locally also known as 'Pantai Batu Mejan', because of a once existing Balinese Hindu Temple situated on the beach, Echo Beach is one of the popular hangout places in Bali. The black sand terrain in juxtaposition which the shimmering blue water simply looks mesmerizing. This beach is adored by surfers and nature lovers because of advanced reef breaks and picturesque views of the whole place. This is a great place to sit by the ocean and enjoy its melodious sound. You would not be able to resist the charms of this place and will definitely fall in love with the endless ocean and the vast sandy terrain.
1. Surfing: Echo Beach is a favourite spot among surfers to ride on their boards and enjoy the gigantic waves. This beach is especially for pro surfers who are trained to surf on harsh and humongous waves. The perfect wind and waves make this an ideal surfing soot.
2. Swimming: The clear and clean water of the ocean is ideal to plunge into and beat the heat. The salty water will prove to be a solace to your tightened muscles and make you feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Swimming here is completely safe even if you are not a trained swimmer and would definitely be a delightful experience.
3. Take a stroll: The white sand beach is an absolute delight to walk on and enjoy the scenic beauty that surrounds this place. Ditch your footwear and walk along the shore to enjoy the warmth of the soothing sand and salty water on your feet. The stroll here will help to unwind and provide you with serenity.
4. Photography: Echo beach is absolutely picturesque and you must carry your camera to capture its beauty. The photographs that you will click here will be beautiful because if its magical beauty. These pictures, when hanged on the walls of your home, will be a reminder of the great time you spend on this wonderful beach.
5. Witness a sunset: The best part about this beach is the mesmerizing views that one can witness during the setting of the sun. The sky becomes colourful with myriad shades of bright colours and looks absolutely spellbinding. You can even see the outlines of temples which add to its beauty. The phenomenon of the sun setting is a must witness.
The cafes at Echo Beach provide finger-licking food, the speciality being the palatable Balinese cuisine and seafood. Some of the must-visit cafes are Sticky Fingers Osteria Italiana, Sate Bali, Dian Café, and Echo Beach House cafe. If you really want to enjoy the food along with the scenic beauty of the beach, you must stay till the sunset. A number of barbecues and unique boat-shaped buffets are set up after the sunset that not only provides delicious dishes but perfect views too. Some bars are also there where you can enjoy a drink and chill. Colourful Bean Bags are also laid out on the beach to sit on, relax and enjoy the amazing food.
The best time to visit Echo Beach is between the months of April and October during the dry season. The weather during this time period is devoid of humidity and is pleasant.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free