Things to Carry for a Yoga Class
Before going to have your yoga session anywhere in Baltimore, it is necessary to keep these things with you: Water bottle, Stretchable comfortable clothes, Yoga mat, Yoga towel, After shower clothes and After yoga snack.
14 Best Places for Yoga in BaltimoreWith such great options to choose from, here are 14 best places in Baltimore to experience the best yoga like nowhere else:
1. Bikram Yoga BaltimoreBikram Yoga Baltimore is a member of the United States Yoga Federation. Located in Cockeysville, it focuses on reducing chronic diseases through their practices. These classes help the clients to improve their flexibility quotient and deteriorate their stress levels. It is open to all, including first-time students and experienced practitioners.
Location: Yorktowne Plaza Shopping Center, 40 Cranbrook Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, United States
Cost: Drop in per class: $20.00
2. Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness
Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness is well known for its highly experienced instructors. It has two distinct yoga rooms - heated and non-heated. Adopting the Hatha yoga tradition, Baltimore Hot Yoga and Wellness centre offers various categories of Bikram method classes and yoga nidra, restorative, yin, hot Pilates, meditation and Barre classes. The majority of teachers here are Yoga Alliance and Bikram certified.
Location: 9512 Harford Rd, Parkville, MD 21234, United States
Cost: Unlimited yoga starting at $99 per month! $35 for unlimited classes during your first 30 days!
3. Yoga TreeYoga tree majorly provides services focused at gaining stamina and strength. The clients can lose weight and improve their body balance. Rehabilitative and preventative yoga instructions are also given here for beginners. It has already helped many customers to make significant changes in their lifestyle.
Location: 911 W 36th St, Baltimore, MD 21211, United States
Cost: unlimited membership online :$99/month
4. Avalon Yoga & Wellness CentreThe practitioners at Avalon Yoga and Wellness centre create a very soothing environment, keeping in mind the well-being of their students. They offer core, Sunrise, community, Hatha, Vinyasa, and Iyengar Yoga classes. It also offers free training for two weeks to its new customers.
Location: 10 Winters Ln, Catonsville, MD 21228, United States
Cost: Private Session Fees:60 minute session - $75 / 3 sessions - $21070 minute Semi-private session - 2-4 students - $100
5. YogaVibez Yoga StudioYogaVibez Yoga Studio was awarded Coastal Style Magazine's Best Winner back in 2015. Based out of Edgewater, it encourages clients to practice introspection and self-discovery. Other benefits include improved balance and flexibility quotients, toned muscles, practices for better breathing and improvised body posture.
Location: Edgewater, MD 21037
Cost: 1 drop in class: $20
6. Baltimore Yoga VillageBaltimore Yoga Village has a very diversified set of clients as compared to other studios. Their specialisation involves yoga for arthritis, depression and anxiety. Also, Baltimore Yoga Village has teachers for therapeutic yoga classes. Being partners with Winaypak School and the 29th Street Community Centre, they provide continuing education to pursue yoga instruction.
Location: 6080 Falls Rd, Baltimore, MD 21209, United States
Cost: not offering memberships due to covid currently
7. FloYo FitnessOne of its kinds, FloYo Fitness specialises in conducting yoga classes on water. Their team is also open to conduct paddleboard-based yoga practices at summer camps, parties and corporate treats. It is affiliated with Capital SUP and Hard Yacht Cafe.
Location: 8500 Cove Rd, Dundalk, MD 21222, United States
Cost: SUP Classes: From $30
8. Sanctuary BodyworksSanctuary Bodyworks offers group fitness classes for Pilates, specific zumba and yoga. Sanctuary Bodyworks has a team of professional yoga instructors, personal trainers and general fitness trainers who have 100 years of combined experience.
Location: 710 S Ann St #210, Baltimore, MD 21231, United States
Cost: Single private training session : 60 Minutes - $90 Single group session- $16
9. Earth Pulse YogaEarth pulse yoga offers mat Pilates, strength and flexibility practices, parent and child meditation and beginner Tai Chi instruction. They also have teachers to deal with kids’ psychological problems including stress, anxiety and depression. They also focus on developing socialization skills in children.
Location: 5801 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214, United States
Cost: $18 for Regular Drop-in Classe
10. Embody Pilates + Wellness
Being a customer oriented wellness studio, Embody Pilates + Wellness centre takes care of all the requirements of its clients. Thus, provides facilities like private lockers with showers and vanity areas as well. Often, they host a wellness expert specializing in body and mind balancing practices to improve overall well-being.
Location: 5002 Lawndale Ave A, Baltimore, MD 21210, United States
Cost: $85 per class | Drop-In
11. M Power YogaM Power Yoga offers very unique health and physical training services. They organise yoga classes with live music to enlighten ambience and the vibe. It offers Vinyasa classes for beginners and advanced levels as well. The place is equipped with locker rooms, spa amenities and two lounge areas featuring free WiFi.
Location: 3600 O'Donnell St Suite 100, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Cost: $129 For everything (monthly)
12. Power of One Yoga CentreKnown for its non-judgmental and non-competitive environment, Power of One Yoga Centre has peace all around. A wide range of workshops and classes in yoga therapeutics, meditations, and spiritual development are offered here.
Location: 3400 Rosedale Rd, Baltimore, MD 21215, United States
13. Razz YogaOffering personal yoga instruction and private training classes, Razz Yoga customises its services as per the needs of clients. Meditation and breathing practices are also one of their unique selling propositions. Yoga nindra is also offered to cure stress, insomnia, chronic disease, pain and anxiety.
Location: 14315 Jarrettsville Pike, Phoenix, MD 21131, United States
Cost: monthly unlimited pass - $59/mo
14. Willow Street YogaWillow Street yoga works on building strength and flexibility in mind, body, and spirit. Alignment-based instruction in Pilates, yoga, and meditation classes are provided for the clients. One-on-one sessions are also organized weekly. The biggest attraction to this place is the fact that it gives discounts for senior citizens, high school and college students and military personnel as well.
Location: 6930 Carroll Ave # 100, Takoma Park, MD 20912, United States
Cost: Single class pass : $25
Tips to Remember before Joining a Yoga Class:
- Breathe smoothly, notice it and try not to hold it forcefully.
- Always ask your instructor for help whenever you experience any sort of pain or discomfort
- If you have any physical injuries please inform the teacher before class.
- Do not strain or pressurise any of your body part to attain any posture perfectly. Only follow it to the extent, your body allows.
- Never be shy to ask out for support if you are unsure of how to perform a certain posture.
- Allow yourself some de-stress time before the class begins so try to arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Yoga practice should be done on an empty stomach. Do not eat a full meal 2 hours prior to class and a snack 1 hour prior.
- Drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Lastly, don’t forget to wear comfortable clothes – not too tight, not too loose.
Explore which yoga method you like the most to keep your body uplifted and active. Adapt to a healthy lifestyle and keep yoga going for as long as you can. Join in the yoga station of your choice today and reap the benefits.