9 Best Bars and Pubs in BaltimoreLet’s kick off our list with some of the best party places in Baltimore. These places have good beer, crafted cocktails, and a rocking dance floor. Get ready for a spot-on glimpse of the Baltimore nightlife!
1. WC HarlanWC Harlan is a tucked-away speakeasy with a back door entrance in the streets of Baltimore. The only indication of this place is ‘Enter’ scrawled hastily with chalk on the back door. It is an old-fashioned bar without a television and excellent cocktails, quick service, and amiable staff. It is known for its strong concoctions and the intimate vibes of the place. WC Harlan has a rustic look to it, with antique hardware, patinated walls, and a good-ol’ piano.
Address: 400 W 23rd St, Baltimore, MD 21211Timings: 5 PM to 1 AM
2. Cat’s Eye PubCat’s Eye Pub is a good hangout spot for a night out with beer, food, music, and dancing. This pub provides 32 draughts of beer, along with live music seven days a week. Cat’s Eye Pub also has a small beer garden located on Thames street overlooking the Inner Harbor- an ideal spot for experiencing the Baltimore nightlife. Genres like Blues, Americana, folk, and indie are usually played by a live band.
Address: 1730 Thames St, Baltimore, MD 21231Timings: 1 PM to 11 PM
3. Brewer’s ArtIf you’re a fan of beer, Brewer’s Art is the place for you. The Brewer’s Art brews its own beer as a 20+ old tradition. It has one of the best local beers, including Triple 7, which is an exclusive beer brand for its location. They have high-quality craft beers, along with exquisite wine, cocktails, ciders, and draught beer. With exquisite lighting and carved tables, this place has good vibes and better service by staff.
Address: 13380 Clarksville Pike, Highland, MD 20777Timings: 12 PM to 9 PM
Rye is optimal for an exquisite night out with an interior of a Prohibition-style den, live music, and spectacular crafted cocktails. Started in 2011, it has been on the list of the ‘Best Bars in America’ in Esquire, owing to the talented bartenders of the club. Rye is known for its off-menu cocktail concoctions, with perfect proportions and fun garnishes. If you like to experiment with your drinks, this is the place for you.
Address: 1639 Thames St, Baltimore, MD 21231Timings: 5 PM to 2 AM
5. Of Love and Regret
Of Love and Regret is a cosy bar and restaurant with an extensive food and drinks menu and drag brunch events. The first Sunday of every month is Drag Brunch Sunday with shows, entertainment, and excellent food in this restaurant. Apart from that, they have meals like Superbowl platters, Tuesday Burger Night, Wing and Whiskey Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, along with craft cocktails packs and mason jars. Each day is worth it in Of Love and Regret.
Address: 1028 S Conkling St, Baltimore, MD 21224Timings: 3 PM to 11 PM
6. Ropewalk TavernRopewalk Tavern dates back to the pre-prohibition period in the US and has been actively serving since 1995. This barrel-styled restaurant has over 155 varieties of beer, along with weekend DJs and a pool table. They serve tavern fare and have ever-changing specials, keeping the history alive with antique furniture and Don’t Tread On Me on the wall.
Address: 1209 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230Timings: 4.30 PM to 2 AM
7. Bookmakers Cocktail Club
Bookmakers Cocktail Club is probably the most exquisite and elegant restaurant in Baltimore. It can also be classified as a speakeasy owing to its inconspicuous location and crafted cocktails. They also have live music, Sunday drag brunches with buffet breakfast, cocktails including mimosas and bloodys, and awesome drag queen shows. No matter the day, this bar will give you an intimate experience with food and drinks, especially whiskey with 450 sample varieties.
Address: 31 E Cross St, Baltimore, MD 21230Timings: 4 PM to 1 AM
8. The Elk Room
The Elk Room is a speakeasy with its name on Esquire's list of ‘Best Bars in America’. This place is known to transport its guests to pre-prohibition with its peephole entrance, crystal chandeliers, jazz music, and a grandfather clock amidst the bar. Their USP, though, is off-menu crafted concoctions. With cocktails like Manhattan with coffee-infused bourbon, this place will serve you drinks you’ll never forget. The Elk Room also has live music, a private poker room, and a passageway leading to a cigar bar.
Address: 1010 Fleet St, Baltimore, MD 21202Timings: 5 PM to 2 AM
9. Annabel Lee Tavern
Annabel Lee Tavern is a small and cosy restaurant, known for its delicious food and white exterior. The interior of this restaurant gives off true American pub vibes, and the food takes care of the rest. Some famous dishes include Buffalo Mushrooms, Crab Cake Platter, Grilled Tuna Panini, and BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches. This tavern also has a wide variety of drinks, including beers from local breweries and crafted cocktails.
Address: 601 S Clinton St, Baltimore, MD 21224Timings: 4 PM to 1 AM
3 Places for Live Shows in BaltimoreNightlife in Baltimore is not restricted to drinks and dining. No matter what you wish for- concerts, live music, or magic shows- this city has got you covered. With premier dining and vintage posters, you can enjoy various live shows in the following places:
10. Illusions Magic Bar and LoungeThis place provides a night away from a typical night out. The Illusions Magic Bar and Lounge is a magic bar following a tradition of 13 years. It is led by generations of the Horsman family, the current lead magician being Spencer Horsman. He conducts magic tricks and illusions, making the audience a part of the show. It is an intimate and wondrous nightlife experience in Baltimore with speciality martinis and large vintage posters on the wall.
Address: 1025 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230Timings: Depending upon the timings of the show tickets
11. Power Plant Live!Power Plant Live! is a dining and entertainment destination, located two blocks from Downtown Inner Harbor. This place is a speciality of the Baltimore nightlife with premium bars, dining areas, nightclubs, gaming areas, and indoor and outdoor concert space. Power Plant Live! is an exuberant place with music, good food, and amazing cocktails. Moreover, its proximity to Inner Harbor makes it easily accessible.
Make sure to check out these places:
Mosaic Bar, Rams Head Live, and Tin Roof for feet-tapping live music,
Charm City Clue Room and the Kraken Axes for games, and
Angel’s Rock Bar and Leinie Lodge for booze and fun!
Address: 34 Market Pl, Baltimore, MD 21202Timings: 11 AM to 10 PM
12. The 8 x 10
The 8 x 10 is a live music spot in the heart of Fed Hill. This little purple building is easy to miss amongst the bars, but this place's music experience is spectacular. They invite local musicians and bands to play and have an intimate place to drink and dance through the night. They also provide balcony seating, bar area, small room, and sections- overall the 8 x 10 is an adorable place to explore.
Address: 10 E Cross St, Baltimore, MD 21230Timings: 8 PM to 1.30 AM
2 Night Clubs for Dancing the Night Away!The Baltimore nightlife offers enough opportunity to put on your dancing shoes and spend the night with good music and affordable drinks. If you wish to have the nightclub experience in Baltimore, these two places won’t disappoint you!
13. The Rockwell
The Rockwell is a modern rock tavern with a three-story space. It features a lively soundtrack with a bold design of massive projections all over the space. This nightclub is a perfect experience of the Baltimore nightlife. You’ll get crafted cocktails from bartenders, alongside the music of All Time Low’s lead guitarist Jack Barakat. The atmosphere is cool, and the music varies from alternative to 90s to punk music. The Rockwell also offers private parties and reservations.
Address: 702 S Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231Timings: 7 PM to 2 AM
14. The Ottobar
The Ottobar is a crazy fun nightclub (or music venue) in Baltimore. It was named one of the ‘10 Best Live Music Venues in America’ by Rolling Stone Magazine in 2018. This place is famous for hiring different bands for different nights, along with a bar and small arcade area. If you’re looking for a night of dancing and drinking, you can’t go wrong with The Ottobar.
Address: 2549 N Howard St, Baltimore, MD 21218Timings: 9 PM to 2 AM
4 Areas for Bar Crawls in BaltimoreIf you don’t like to be restricted to a single place, Baltimore has more than enough places for pub crawls. Whether you want a tour guide or wish to explore by yourself, this city won’t disappoint you. Check out these four areas for an unforgettable night in Baltimore!
15. Riverside and Federal Hill
Riverside and Federal Hill are good areas to visit for a series of pubs, bars, and views across the Inner Harbor. With live music and crafted cocktails, they certainly provide enough opportunity for a fun and chill nightlife in Baltimore. Every bar and pub in this series has its own story and speciality.
Make sure to check out these places:
Pub Dog Pizza and Drafthouse for a night of pizza and beer,
Bar Liquorice for delicious liquorice options, and
Little Havana, Mum’s, The Local Fry for late-night snacks.
Address: Riverside, Federal HillTimings: 6 PM to 1 AM
16. Harford Road
Harford Road is the prime neighbourhood to visit in Northeast Baltimore. You can enjoy a self-pub crawl on this road very conveniently to add some spice to your Baltimore nightlife experience. The Hamilton Tavern is famous for its crafted draught beer along with the chic and elegant vibe. Racer’s Cafe is also an influential spot to visit for various draught beers, Belgian ales, bourbon, and scotch. Some other places to visit are Valentino’s, Koco’s Pub, Lauraville House, and Freddie’s Ale.
Address: Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214Timings: 5 AM to 1 AM (prime Timings)
17. Wicked History Tour
The Wicked History Tour is a history lesson you will definitely remember. This tour takes you to the underbelly of the nightlife of Baltimore, with speakeasies, hidden bars, and stories to make you shudder. They have tours at two locations- Fells Point and Mt Vernon. The Fells Point Wicked History Pub Tour will take you to the Timings of sailors, privateers, and artists like Billie Holiday. The Mt Vernon Baltimore Wicked History Pub Tour will take you through the ages to F Scott Fitzgerald and more prominent high society stories.
Address: Fells Point or Mt VernonTimings: Depends upon your selected tour, book in advance
18. Charm City Pedal Mill
Charm City Pedal Mill is a bar crawl (or tour) on a pedal mill. A pedal mill is a 15-seat (in this area) pedal-powered vehicle. If you want a crazy outing with your own group and guests, this is the perfect vibe for you. Charm City Pedal Mill will take you around bars, pubs, and nightclubs on S. Washington Street in Fells Point. You’ll hit up to three or four impressive bars, drink at the spot, and relish delicious food. This package is known to be perfect for bachelor or bachelorette parties, or just a normal Friday night with your friends!
Address: Starting in Fells PointTimings: 11 AM to 12.15 AM (hours according to bookings)
6 Places for Late-Night Snacks in BaltimoreThere is nothing more exhausting than a night with booze and no food. Baltimore offers a plethora of cuisines at your disposal if you know where to go. So, to end your night with a delicious late-night snack, check out these places!
19. Sip & Bite
Sip & Bite was opened in 1948, and since then, it has been a shooting spot for George Clooney’s thriller movie in 2005- Syriana, and also serves a Michael Phelps’ Olympian French Toast with fruits and whipped cream. This is a common spot for party people to visit during their nightlife for french toast, gyro platters, or a spanakopita.
Address: 2200 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21231Timings: 7 AM to 4 AM
20. Broadway Diner
You might have seen this place on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins, and Dines segment, featured for its shrimp creole, Hungarian goulash, and potato crusted salmon. This place also serves all-day breakfast, dinners, and has a special menu for kids. This is a literal retro diner with neon signs, aqua-coloured booths, and a jukebox.
Address: 6501 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224Timings: 24/7
21. Maria D’s Sub Shop
Maria D’s Sub Shop is the perfect place for midnight sub sandwiches to fill your belly after experiencing the Baltimore nightlife. Their prominent selling items include the cheesesteak sub, tomato and cheese pizza, party wings, stromboli, and Maria D’s special cheesesteak. This quaint little restaurant won’t disappoint you.
Address: 1016 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230Timings: 10 AM to 2.30 AM
22. Towson Diner
Towson Diner is a family-owned restaurant in Towson, active since 1957. They serve various American-Greek food, including all-day breakfast items such as waffles, burritos, oatmeal, and pancakes. They also have a cocktail menu and dishes like burgers, fried chicken, and triple-decker club sandwiches. They also have a jukebox to give you true retro vibes.
Address: 718 York Rd, Towson, MD 21204Timings: 24/7
23. Double T Diner
Double T Diner is another old-school spot to add to your Baltimore nightlife. Opened in 1959, they serve all-day breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the best part- homemade desserts. Their best serves include hot pressed paninis, 1/2-pound pure beef burgers, and char-grilled chicken sandwiches. Double T Diner is a true 50’s diner-style restaurant.
Address: 9010 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21236Timings: 24/7
24. Jong KakJong Kak is a downright Korean restaurant to feed you after hours during a Baltimore crazy night out. Their best items include bibimbap, fried dumplings, and chicken satay. It is most known for its curries and noodle dishes, along with amiable staff and service. They also have outdoor seating, along with the Korean tradition of cooking at the table.
Address: 8 W 20th St, Baltimore, MD 21218Note: (The timings might differ due to COVID-19 regulations, so make sure to check them before you go.)
Timings: 1 PM to 4 AM
So, whether you want a typical night out with beer and pizza, a bar crawl, or even a magic show, the Baltimore nightlife won’t disappoint you. It is definitely a memorable city to visit!