Timings for Sunrise: Best Time to Watch the Sunrise in Baltimore
Spring: Baltimore and Maryland in general, is usually pleasant and perfect for outdoor activities during the spring months of March- April The sun rises between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM with fluctuations because of daylight savings time.
Summer: May to August is peak summer season in Baltimore and the weather is warm and the parks are teeming with tourists and locals. The temperate lies between 56.8°F and 89.1°F and the sun rises at 5:50 AM
Autumn: Autumn is slightly humid with mild rainfall. However, with a gradual decrease in tourists, this is the best time to enjoy the city and its festivals. The sun rises at 7:20 AM.
Winter: Winter in Baltimore can get chilly and the months of December and January see heavy snow. You can catch the sunrise from a rooftop at 7:30 AM.
Top 10 Best Places to Catch the Sunrise in Baltimore
Baltimore has some scenic spots to watch the sunrise from. Here are the top 10 Best Places to catch the Sunrise in Baltimore:
1. Federal Hill ParkA green urban space, Federal Hill Park is a scenic park overlooking the harbour. Originally used as a lookout during the civil war, it is now frequented by families, children and locals. Sunrises are magnificent with stunning views of the Inner Harbour all the way up to Canton. After you catch the sunrise, you can visit the Visionary Arts Museum or the ferries at the dock.
Address: 300 Warren Ave. Baltimore, Md. 21230
Timings: Monday to Sunday 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
2. World Trade CenterPerfect for winter or cold weather viewing, the World Trade Center has an observation deck and offers a brilliant view of the city skyline. Even if you miss the sunrise, you can catch a full view of the harbour and the city from the World Trade Center. WIth floor to ceiling glass windows and a guided tour of all the famous attractions and restaurants in the city, head over to the observation deck in the morning and plan out your day of sightseeing!
Address: Observation Level 401 E. Pratt St. Baltimore, Md. 21202
Tickets : USD 6 for adults
USD 5 for seniors (60+) or military with ID
USD 4 for children 3-12 years old; Free under 3
3. Tide PointLocust Point, colloquially called Tide Point is an area near the docks which connects to Fort McHenry and has beautiful historic row houses built by Polish Americans in the 1920s. Head over to the park in the early hours of the morning and catch a glimpse of the Baltimore sunrise over the pier as well as beautiful views of Fort McHenry! You can also explore the charming neighbourhood on foot or by bike in the afternoon!
Address: bounded by Fort Ave., B & O RR., Woodall & Reynolds Sts., Baltimore, Maryland
4. Gunpowder Falls State ParkLocated in Harford County in the Hammerman area, Gunpowder Falls State Park is the perfect place for a family fun day. With a swimming lake, sandy beaches and an ice cream stand, this state park offers a beautiful sunrise in Baltimore view over the horizon.
Address: 2813 Jerusalem Road Kingsville, Md. 21087
Timings: 7:00 AM to sunset Ticket: USD 3 per person
5 . Inner HarborThe Inner Harbour is the most popular tourist attraction in Baltimore! This historic seaport has been a city landmark for decades. Take a stroll around the harbour and watch the panoramic sunrise with a beautiful backdrop of ferries, Canton and the Fells Point neighbourhood. Apart from sunrise waterfront views, the Inner Harbour also has museums and live music venues to check out!
Address: Inner Harbour, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
6. Druid Hill ParkA Victorian-style urban park, Druid Hill Park is located in North Baltimore and is one of the oldest public parks in the country. With shady lawns and a picturesque green forest landscape this park is perfect for catching the Sunrise in Baltimore! The park also has sports and recreational amenities like a swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts and a race track. Check out the Charm City Folk and Bluegrass Festival and the Farmers Markets in the summer months!
Address: 900 Druid Park Lake Dr, Baltimore, MD 21217, United States
Timings: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
7. Patterson ParkPatterson Park located in SouthEast Baltimore is a beautiful urban space with paved walkways, playgrounds, athletic fields, a swimming pool and other amenities. A beautiful Pagoda stands tall at the middle of the park, a testament to the city’s diverse architectural styles. Watch the sunrise in Baltimore over the pagoda with the backdrop of charming cherry blossoms and rolling landscapes!
Address: E Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
8. Cloisters CastleA gothic, medical style building with a huge woodland surrounding it, Cloisters Castle is a popular wedding spot in Baltimore. With guided tours and public events throughout the year, this place has romantic charm and grandeur. Whether you are a history buff or an admirer of all things beautiful, watching the sunrise in Cloisters Castle feels like a fairytale.
Address: 10440 Falls Rd, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093, United States
9. Canton Waterfront ParkAnother picturesque park located near the waterfront, the Canton Park provides views of Fort McHenry. Visit the Korean War Memorial or simply walk the trail after you catch a scenic sunrise over the harbour! The park has plenty of restaurants and food joints outside for a quick breakfast and a water taxi if you want to reach Baltimore via the Chesapeake Bay.
Address: 3001 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Timings: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
10. Fort McHenrySurrounded by water, Fort McHenry is a coastal pentagonal bastion fort with a beautiful green space and plenty of spots to relax and capture the sunrise. An important historical landmark in the city, the battle at Fort McHenry is the inspiration for the United States’s national anthem. Spend a morning soaking in the warm sun with friends and family!
Address: 2400 East Fort Avenue Baltimore, MD 21230Baltimore is a city filled with rich history and charming streets. Make sure to start your day by watching the magnificent sunrise in Baltimore before you put on your adventure boots and explore the city’s attractions!
Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM