10 Best Spas in Baltimore
1. The Spa at the Four Seasons Hotel
The Spa at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore offers both spa and wellness services beneficial for the body and the mind. Some of these include oil massages, a three-part full body scrub, muscle treatments (which are no-touch treatments), bath soaks, tanning, reiki, chakra balancing and more. You must make an appointment before visiting, and the treatments can run for over an hour. Various oils, warm Damask Rose, Palmarosa, fresh Geranium, sea salts, warm stones, coffee and others are used to ensure a soothing experience.
Address: 200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202, United States
Timings: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
2. Studio 921 Salon & Spa
Book an appointment and avail of Studio 921 Salon & Spa’s massage and hair services. They have a team of experienced estheticians who perform 60-minutes facials, including cleansing, exfoliation, a face mask, a face massage, and opt for chemical peels, microdermabrasion or dermaplaning. Costing USD 95 and upwards, these leave you with healthy skin and are suited to your skin type and concerns. Furthermore, you can go for a hair removal treatment or hair cutting, styling, highlights and treatments.
Address: 921 E Fort Ave #108, Baltimore, MD 21230, United States
Timings: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (Tuesday- Thursday), 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Friday), 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Saturday), 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sunday), Monday closed
3. Spa Adagio LLC
Employing soothing music and appealing aromas, Spa Adagio LLC offers various kinds of massages for both women and men. You can get a back and leg massage, a facial, stone massage, deep tissue massage, herbal massage, cleansing facial, ayurvedic massage or any other. They help relax your body and mind, polish and exfoliate your skin, and get rid of knots through oils, hot towels, hot or cooling stones, C-serums, smoothie cream and more. You can snack on food during your treatment, which can start from USD 158.
Address: 317 S Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231, United States
Timings: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (Wednesday- Friday), 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (Saturday), 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Sunday), Monday- Tuesday closed
4. The Spa at The Ivy
Available to the hotel guests, The Spa at The Ivy offers spa services focused on vitality and natural health and centred around your individual needs. Some of the services include therapeutic massages, facials, body rituals, and even soaks, such as Cashmere Quench, Probiotic Massage, Custom Massage, Sensitized Skin Facial and Ultimate Zen. Lasting between 30 and 120 minutes, these treatments begin at USD 90 and work on your tissues, forehead, eyes, wrinkles, scalp etc. through body exfoliation, body scrubbing, moisturising body wraps, hot-oil treatments, LED light therapy and more.
Address: 205 E Biddle St, Baltimore, MD 21202, United States
Timings: 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm (Tuesday), 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Wednesday- Saturday), Sunday-Monday closed
5. Simple Wellness
Simple Wellness strives to help you enhance your inner and outer beauty through various massage and wellness services. In a relaxing environment, they offer massages like deep tissue, sports, Swedish, lymph, acupressure, cranial sacral etc. They last between 30 and 120 minutes and begin at USD 65. Besides, you can choose to do a chair massage, migraine prevention massage or foot massage. The spa also provides holistic services which focus on scalp health, proper nutrition, setting goals, rejuvenating the mind and more.
Address: 519 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201, United States
Timings: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (Tuesday- Saturday), Sunday- Monday closed
6. Kim Day Spa
If you are looking for an excellent manicure and pedicure services, head on over to Kim Day Spa, a quaint salon known for its trained professionals, quality products and cosy environment. You can choose from various services like Spa Pedicure, Regular Manicure, Deluxe Pedicure, natural or acrylic nail services, and even different hair removal treatments suitable for both women and men. You can either make an appointment in advance or simply walk-in, and the cheapest treatment costs USD 10.
Address: 1137 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230, United States
Timings: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm (Monday- Friday), 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (Saturday), 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sunday)
7. Spa Central
Spa Central provides different massage, therapy, skincare and beauty services available only on appointment. Some of the treatments offered include Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, craniosacral therapy, shiatsu, Thai massage etc. Through medium pressure, rhythmic massage strokes, finger pressure, and other techniques, the therapists help the body heal, increase circulation, reduce physical and mental tension, release chronic muscle tension and more. They start at USD 55 and can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours. Several facials are also offered to start at USD 55.
Address: 1119 E 30th St, Baltimore, MD 21218, United States
Timings: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
8. The Healing Path
The Healing Path specialises in several soothing massages like Bamboo Fusion, Thai Massage, Sports Massage, Restore Himalayan Salt Stone Massage and even offer a couples massage. The experienced therapists identify your tension area, keep in mind your health condition, and help you relax, rejuvenate and attain relief through essential oils, heated basalt stones, lavender-infused wraps, organically treated bamboo canes etc. The spa also provides several facial options to hydrate and lift your skin. An appointment is mandatory, and treatments begin at USD 95.
Address: 1819 Thames St, Baltimore, MD 21231, United States
Timings: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (Friday- Sunday), 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm (Monday, Wednesday- Thursday), Tuesday closed
9. Charm City Skin
Priding themselves on creating a relaxing environment, Charm City Skin offers skincare, beauty, waxing and even tattoo services. Suitable for people of all skin types, the skincare services comprise dermaplaning facials, oxygen facials, infusion facials, custom galvanic facials etc. They are aimed at cleansing, moisturising, exfoliating, hydrating and lifting your skin. You can also get an eyelash lift, and lash and eyebrow tint. Services start at USD 14, and you must book an appointment in advance.
Address: 3602 Elm Ave, Baltimore, MD 21211, United States
Timings: 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm (Monday), 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Tuesday- Thursday), 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (Friday- Saturday), Sunday closed
10. Art of Balance Wellness Spa
Art of Balance Wellness Spa specialises in holistic treatments to help you attain overall balance. They have services like massage, skincare, acupuncture, nutrition coaching, life coaching, acne treatment etc. Massages include the signature massage, therapeutic massage, prenatal massage, rose quartz & basalt stone massage and couples massage which last between 50 and 80 minutes. Therapists use muscle therapy lotion, essential oils, steamed towels, massage stones and medium pressure to increase circulation, relax muscles, and restore energy.
Address: 801 Key Highway Unit Spa, Baltimore, MD 21230, United States
Timings: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (Sunday, Tuesday- Wednesday), 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (Thursday- Saturday), Monday closed
Things You Must Know Before Visiting a Spa in BaltimoreIf you are about to book an appointment for a relaxing spa day, the following are some of the points to keep in mind:
- Booking on time: Once you have decided on the spa you wish to go to, make sure to book an appointment a few days in advance if you can. Many people turn to spa treatments to distress, and you may not be able to find your preferred appointment timing if you book last minute.
- Not dressing up too much: You don’t need to dress up too much or put on makeup when going to a spa, especially since you may need to get out of your clothes. Wear some comfortable clothes instead, and try avoiding too many layers.
- Starting with a small treatment: If you have never been to a spa before, it is better to start with a small treatment like a facial or a shorter full-body massage so you can decide whether you enjoy them or not.
- Eating before you go: It is advisable to eat a little before you go for your spa treatment, but not to eat too much, especially if it’s a long procedure. Also, hydrate yourself well before you go.
- Keeping your phone on silent: Don’t forget to turn on the silent mode on your phone before going in for your treatment, so you don’t have to keep interrupting your masseuse or therapist as they go about their work.
- Ensuring proper hygiene: One of the most important things to keep in mind when at a spa is hygiene. Ensure that your masseuse or therapist washes their hands, uses sanitised tools, gives you fresh towels and the surface you rest on is absolutely clean.
- Arriving on time: Don’t arrive for your appointment with just a few minutes to spare. Instead, come about 15-20 minutes in advance so you can settle in, fill out any forms if necessary and even ask a few questions about your treatment.
- Voicing your concerns: Since you are employing a service, it is key that you express any concerns that you may have, such as gender preferences regarding the masseuse/therapist, if they are gentle or not, the temperature of the room, undressing in private etc.
- Dozing off during the treatment: Don’t be afraid of falling asleep as the therapist/masseuse does their work since the ambience is generally quite soothing, and make sure that you are completely awake when leaving, particularly if you are driving yourself!
- Showering: It is always a good idea to shower before you go in for your apartment since you are fully clean; it helps unclog your pores. Moreover, if you have had an oil massage, consider showering afterwards to get rid of it all, but wait for a couple of hours before doing so.