Before diving into the pristine sky, you must know the following details:
Types of Equipment Required to Skydive in Baltimore:
The skydiving agencies provide this equipment upon arrival. The agencies also provide one of the best and well-trained certified instructors to ensure the skydivers’ maximum safety.
- Parachute: This is the essential equipment required for skydiving. The parachute will keep you floating in the air and ensure a safe landing.
- Skydiving AAD: This is the automatic activation device that helps the instructor understand the altitude rate and locate the parachute in case of any mishaps.
- Jumpsuit: This is the most comfortable and best outfit while performing such tasks.
- Altimeter: Helps you to know your current altitude.
- Goggles & Helmets: These are safety devices used to avoid injuries, and the goggles also provide a clear vision of the surroundings.
Registration requirements for Skydiving in Baltimore
- Jumpers should be 18 years and above.
- Jumpers should be in good health and of sound mind.
- Jumpers should sign an undertaking, stating that the agency will not be responsible in case of any injuries or mishaps.
- Domestic residents have to give a photo identification card as proof.
- International visitors will have to give a copy of their passports as proof.
- You can make the payment either by cash or credit.
Important Tips to Remember before Skydiving in Baltimore
- Make sure to have a proper, healthy breakfast before your jump. Do not go with an empty stomach.
- Wear proper comfortable clothes, like a t-shirt and pants.
- Do not wear any hanging accessories that might fall.
- Check your pockets properly. Do not carry any valuable belongings.
- Wear properly fitted shoes.
- Get a good sleep before your skydive to maintain your stress levels and be calm before the actual adventure begins.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your jump to complete the last formalities and to get ready.
- Listen carefully to all the instructions given by the trainers and follow them.
- Make sure to capture your skydive moments to show to your friends and family. The skydiving agencies provide a photo and video options, but you can also carry your camera to record the amazing views from above.
The Best Time to Skydive in BaltimoreSkydiving is a sport that is conducted all year round. However, for first time divers, the best season for skydiving is generally in Summers and Winters. The dives are usually conducted in the mornings when the air pressure and temperatures are normal rather than in hot sunny afternoons. Skydiving may not be undertaken in extraordinarily cool and foggy conditions during winters, as the temperature at high altitudes are usually unbearable.
The 4 Best Skydiving Sites in Baltimore
1. Skydive BaltimoreSkydive Baltimore has over 38 years of experience and has conducted more than 1 million jumps. It offers skydiving from 11,000 feet above the earth’s surface with 360° views of the stunning downtown Baltimore, Chesapeake Bay, and Philadelphia & Washington DC areas. The 120 MPH skydive, involves a one minute freefall and parachuting for about 8-12 minutes before landing at the Harford County Airport.
Price: USD 159 (approx)
Timings: Daily 9 AM - 5 PM (Closed on Tuesdays)
Requirements: Jumpers should weigh less than 235 lbs.
Location: 3538 Aldino Road, Hangar 13, Churchville, MD 21028, USA.
2. Skydive Ocean CitySkydive OC is a beachfront skydiving centre operating in Baltimore since 2002. It offers a truly unforgettable experience with excellent views of the city and the pristine Atlantic ocean. The jump involves a 20-90 seconds freefall followed by parachuting. There are 2 different altitude options available: 8000 feet and 15000 feet. After you complete the jump, you will be receiving a Tandem skydiving certificate along with a gift voucher for your next skydive.
Price: USD 229 - USD 299 (Depending on altitude)
Timings: Daily 9 AM - 3 PM
Requirements: Jumpers should weigh less than 250 lbs.( However an extra USD 2 will be charged for every pound exceeding 220 lbs.)
Location: 12724 Airport Road, Berlin, MD 21811, USA.
3. IFly Baltimore, MarylandAre you too scared to jump off the plane? No worries! Here is a fantastic alternative for you. IFly offers an absolutely safe, indoor skydiving experience. The only difference is here you float over a controlled air cushion rather than falling off from the plane. The major advantage of indoor skydiving is that it does not have any age restrictions. From children to adults, everybody can perform this sport. Well-trained instructors will give you a perfect lesson on the Do’s and Don'ts of indoor skydiving. This site also hosts fun parties and events to give you fun & memorable experience.
Timings: Daily 11 AM - 7 PM (Closed on Mondays)
Location: 8209 Town Center Drive, Baltimore, MD 21236, USA.
4. Skydive OrangeIf you want the best skydiving experience, you will have to travel a little outside of Baltimore, in Virginia. Skydive Orange has been operating since 1977 and attracts tons of skydivers from Baltimore and Washington DC. This agency offers a full-service dropzone with Tandem and AFF skydiving programs at 14000 feet above the ground and a 60 seconds freefall time.
Price: Tandem skydive at USD 289.
*Special discounted offer: USD 269 on Wednesdays & Thursdays*
Timings: 8 AM - 5 PM (Wednesday - Sunday) from spring to fall.
8 AM - 5 PM (Saturday - Sunday) during winters.
Location: 11339 Bloomsbury Road, Orange, VA 22960, USA.
Fun Facts about Skydiving in Baltimore
- It’s a myth that you cannot breathe while skydiving, whereas you can breathe properly and efficiently even when you are up at a high altitude.
- Being an aerial sport, safety is the topmost priority of the skydiving agencies. It is considered to be the safest sport.
- You cannot communicate up in the air due to the high sound and pressure of the wind. But, you can definitely talk to your instructor in the case of Tandem skydiving.
- As scary as the sport looks, it helps in mental stimulation. It makes you feel happier and boosts confidence. While skydiving, there is absolutely no stress in one’s mind and the person is transferred to a state of utmost serenity and peace. Professional divers even regard skydiving as a form of meditation.
Now that you have come across all the details about skydiving in Baltimore do not forget to check the above-mentioned skydiving agencies' official websites better to understand the price structure and the different packages available.
Get ready to strike off ‘Skydiving’ from your bucket list and soar high above in the sky with your arms wide open.