Timings : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Time Required : 1-2 hrs
Entry Fee : Free
St. Mary's Church was built in 1825 and is one of the oldest churches in the city. Its foundation was laid down by Bishop Heber. It was built as a place where the officers and soldiers belonging to the British time would worship. The church has a mixture of British as well as Indian architectural style in addition to the Gothic architecture. It is a beautiful place to be visited and enjoyed with your family. It is a perfect place to rejuvenate and go sightseeing. Stained glass was fitted at the altar in 1874 in the loving memory of Lieutenant Trotter. In addition to this stained glass, the church also consists of regimental flags. The church is worshipped on a daily basis with the help of pipe organs which are 130 years old.
Every Sunday, a group of around 1500 members sings carols in the church and carries out the prayer. It also houses the remains of Sir Robert Grant who was the most honourable councillors of the Queen and was also the Governor of Bombay. The church also has the remains of Sir Edward West who was the chief justice of Supreme Court at Bombay. The church also houses the remains of some British soldiers who served in various wars.