Time Required: 4-5 hours
Open Time: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Cost: INR 600 per person before 3:00 PM and INR 400 per person after 3:00 PM
The Innovative Film City in Bengaluru is an Indian theme park located at Bidadi, just 40 kilometres away on the outskirts of the city, on the way to Mysore. One of the most popular tourist attractions in Bangalore, the place covers almost 58 acres of land. Whether you like to shop, eat, simply walk and explore or experience your childhood again; there is something unique that the Film City has to offer you.
The Innovative Film City is broadly divided into three parts and is large enough for you to spend at least half of your day here- to walk around and enjoy all that the city has to offer. Step into the Innovative Attractions to enjoy amusement park rides and museums and enjoy the countless sections, such as Wild West Wind and Cartoon City; and the Innovative Studio to witness the world of movies and glamour. Visit the Innovative Style in between to enjoy shopping and gorge on cuisines from all around the world. A high-quality amalgamation of different themes, the Innovative Film City beckon to both: kids as well as grownups. So make sure that you visit this attraction with your family or friends when you visit Bangalore.
The Film City boasts of many attractions, which guarantee the visitor a day full of fun and frenzy.
1. Cartoon City: The Cartoon City is a hot favourite amongst kids. Its flamboyance and vibrant theme are especially appealing for them, but they manage to charm adults too. The fun rides from a variety of famous cartoon characters as well as the iconic series of star wars recreate the childhood magic beautifully and make you never want to leave.
2. Aqua Kingdom: The Aqua Kingdom is a great place to spend some quality time with friends and family, or indulge in a little romance, in the wave pool and the sandy beach. The water slides, children's play area and dance floor with an in-house DJ are a wonderful retreat from the daily humdrum life.
3. Dino Park: The Dino Park has a marvellous collection of life-size dinosaurs, including a centrally hoisted 40 feet tall T-Rex skeleton and an impressive 60 feet high animatronics controlled dinosaur. A mere walk through this park is a guaranteed thrilling experience!
4. Mini Golf: The perfect place for all golf enthusiasts, this 12-holes mini golf course is ideal for all those who miss the sport even when on their vacation. Do not forget to check out the authentic golf merchandise sold here.
5. Haunted Mansion: There is no haunted house like this in Bangalore. Filled up with over 250 props including scary skeletons, horrifying zombies and half-bearded men; this dirty and dingy mansion will give you chills.
6. Mirror Maze: This mirror maze will leave you baffled and fatigued. Beautifully done with red arches, the maze seems to go on endlessly due to the clever placement of mirrors. Brave surprising corners, dead ends and continuous circles before you make your way out.
Other than the above-listed attractions, the Film City also houses a Petting Zoo, Mining Section and Innovative Talkies.
Other than looking around and enjoying the attractions, you can also indulge in some adventurous sports here, or get all touristy and have a look at the museums here. 1. Adventurous sports: A myriad of adventure sports available here are sure to give you an adrenaline rush. Enjoy go-karting on the well-equipped track, or play some net cricket and bat to the ball-throwing machine. You can also choose from other sports like dirt bike, bungee jumping, bull ride and archery. 2. Museums: What starts as a simple walk across the museums turns to an informative and fun filled experience pretty soon. Enhance your community experience about how the various tribes live in India through the Tribal Museum, or sing with the Beatles and read with Shakespeare at the Wax Museum. The Oddities Museum houses everything from Star Wars to nature and science, while the Fossil Museum, with its remnants and remains from the prehistoric era, takes you back in time. 3. Bigg Boss Tour: The Bigg Boss Tour helps you explore sets of the most famous reality show- Bigg Boss Kannada Season 4. Set on 18,000 square feet of land; enjoy clips of winning moments as well the contestants? journey here as you tour through the house.
All festivals and events are celebrated with great pomp and fervour here. Right from the Dussehra Handicraft and Cultural Fair to the Pongal ethical village set up full of country entertainment, the extravaganzas held each year are a pure delight and heighten the levels of fun and enjoyment that the Innovative Film City already offers. Other events include the celebration of Diwali, Christmas, Independence Day, Republic Day and Halloween. All the events are carefully planned with many competitions and performances, and a variety of other exciting activities to choose from.
The park is open from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days. The entry ticket costs INR 799 - 974 and includes access to all standard attractions. Attractions such as Go Karting, Bungee Jumping, cricket, Dirt Bike, Bull Ride and Karaoke need to be separately paid for.
The Film City is just 40 kilometres away from Bangalore and can easily be reached via cabs or personal vehicle. You can also reach here from the Majestic BMTC Bus Stop. If taking your car, use the NICE Bangalore Mysore Highway from Mysore Road. The nearest railway station is Bidadi Railway Station, in case you want to have a train journey.
The Innovative Film City offers a mouth-watering range of food options to its visitors at its multi-cuisine food court. The Moulin Rouge theme restaurant within the campus serves cuisines like French, Mexican and Italian while the DJs keep you entertained with good music. Not just this, the beverage counters offer hot as well as cold drinks along with ice creams and packed foods.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
No reviews yet
Be the first to add a question