The city gives you an infinite number of pubs, bars, and lounges to match steps with live music in Jakarta as the sun goes down. Whether you are chilling in a restaurant or partying in a bar, the ‘Tweeting City’ always buzzes with some of the best live performances in Asia. Move to the beats and rejoice every moment the night has to offer.
Here is a list of places to enjoy live music in Jakarta.
1. Hard Rock CaféAs the name suggests, this is one of the hardest hitting cafés for live music in Jakarta, as a party-lovers team up to rock the café floor. Live music performances are held almost every day with occasional performances by international celebrities. The acclaimed ‘Pitch Perfect Music’ casts spells, spirited enough that gets even the gloomiest of minds joining the rhythm.
While mouth-watering American dishes like Nachos, BBQ beef ribs, sandwiches and the Legendary Burger are enough to supercharge you for the whole night. Signature cocktails can be enjoyed with the iconic music memorabilia displayed all around the bar and is simply an experience like no other.
Address: Jl Jend Sudirman Kav 54-55 No. 52-53 Mall Pacific Place, Ground Floor, Daerah Khusus Ibukota
Timings: 11:30 A.M. to 12:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 57973055
2. Jaya Pub Commenced way back in 1976 this pub has stood the test of time. As you visit the bar, you can feel the nostalgic vibes it has on offer. Right from the interior décor consisting of souvenirs and photos to the live music performances, everything takes you on a different trip down memory lane. Renowned jazz, blues, and rock from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are mostly taken up by the live performers. Owned and managed by the beautiful Rima Melati and her husband, this pub offers the best of services among its competitors.
One of the most intriguing facts about this pub is that it still retains its oldest bartender Toto. He is over 70 years old and one of the most important reasons as to why this bar has aged so well. Must try food items include Lamb chops and Lamb skewers. It is a hidden gem in Jakarta.
Address: Gedung Jaya, Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.Kav. 12, RT.10/RW.10, Kb. Sirih, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10250, Indonesia
Timings: 5:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 31925633
3. Tiga Puluh – Music Bar and LoungeSituated in Le Meridien Jakarta, Tiga Puluh offers a unique blend of a chill-out lounge and an ever-happening Music Bar for those seeking to create memories with the live music in Jakarta. The most skilful local band coupled with their in-house DJs maintains an enthralling ambience throughout the night. The pop music are generally of well-known artists like Whitney Houston, Madonna, Celine Dion and many more. Jazz lovers will also have an amazing night as they play music of Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker and Benny Goodman.
While the lounge has a soothing setup with timber walls, comfortable sofas and two wooden doors impeding the music from the bar. Tiga Puluh appeals to a mixed audience ranging from expats to locals. Special discounts are offered to ladies on Ladies nights which occur twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sparkling red and white wine, signature cocktails, imported beers from the most renowned cities are present to help you embrace the chill ambience. There is a whole host of Asian and Western cuisines; notable dishes include Prime Beef Burgers, Grilled Steaks, Pad Thai, pizzas and Indian Samosas.
Address: Jalan Drupadi Gang 3, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Timings: 6:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 2513131
4. Fat ShogunThis restaurant is renowned for its Japanese-Peruvian food items. The lighter items include Ox Tongue Nachos, Beef Heart Skewer and Edamame. Spider Burger, Unagi Fideua, Japanese Wagyu and Nagoya Bowl are available for the main course. The enticing food items along with living performances playing themes like Beatles Night and Diskopantera orients a comfortable laid back environment.
The in-house DJs take on the stage as the band take breaks, and plays mostly Fat Beats and Let’s Bounce. The shows are mainly held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The design language is unpretentious with some modern design elements and Japanese touches. The complex is divided into three major areas with one for general customers, the second one dedicated to VIP customers and the last one for private parties.
Address: Menara BTPN - Retail Tower, Rooftop Level, Jl. Dr. Ide anak agung Gde Agung, Kav, 5.5 - 5.6 CBD Mega Kuningan, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan Timur, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, East Kuningan, South Jakarta City, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 811-900-104
5. Molly Malones PubSituated in the Arcadia Senayan area, this pub is one of the most authentic Irish pubs in Jakarta. Typical Irish design elements include wooden chairs and tables, maroon and green hues coupled with some Irish antiques. It is now divided into two areas with one serving as a pub and the other one as a venue for live music in Jakarta. Common bands playing in this bar includes Kinky Reggae, The Noble Jacks, Flash Mob Jazz and The Chaps. The performers play a wide variety of songs to please the audience consisting of mostly expats.
Cocktails include Irish Eyes, Grasshopper, Leprechaun Leap and the signature Angry Irishman which is a mixture of Baileys and Irish whiskeys. As typical of an Irish pub, there are no wines on offer. Traditional dishes include Irish stew and the Beef and Guinness Pie. The latter one is so filling and delicious that it ensures you don’t go home hungry. The staff service is amicable, which encourages you to visit again.
Address: Plaza Senayan Arcadia Lantai Dasar No. 9, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270, Indonesia
Timings: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 57901433
6. Writers BarSophistication is synonymous to the Writers Bar at Raffles, Jakarta. It is the perfect place to impress your special one or relax with your family. The interiors are pristine with nothing short of incredible design elements. Evergreen Jazz music from Ella Fitzerald, Louis Armstrong play in the backdrop to spell out a laid-back ambience. Famous classical rock music are also played including The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and The Doors.
The place is known for offering a wide range of cocktails like the Singapore sling and the signature Jakarta sling. The Singapore sling is offered with a unique blend of Passion fruit and Grenadine syrup. Many artworks, literature works and artefacts glorifying Indonesian history can be seen embedded in the interior décor. There are many homemade sweets on offer like the scones with mascarpone cheese, caramel eclairs and lemon tarts. Enticing sandwiches include pretzel smoked salmon and truffle egg sandwiches.
Address: Ciputra World 1, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.Kav 3-5, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940, Indonesia
Timings: 7:00 A.M. to 12:30 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 29880888
7. Up in Smoke RestaurantCommenced back in 2014 this restaurant prepares their mouth-watering dishes as you fight the heavy traffic to visit this restaurant. For amazing live music in Jakarta, music genres performed here include the Jazz and Blues. DJ Qory, Sulle Wijaya and HROD band ensure an upbeat atmosphere throughout the night. The Flashback show on Fridays takes you down the memory lane with their soulful collection of the 90s.
They are also known for their slow-cooked dishes which are prepared using traditional smoking along with contemporary grilling methods. The restaurant has a wide variety of delicious red meat dishes which are bound to awake the meat lover in you. The items include beef briskets grilled with shishito chillies, Papuan wild boar sausage, smoked brisket, and grilled ribeye. Don’t worry if you are a vegan as the ‘Vegetarian’ menu includes the lip-smacking grilled broccoli served with spiced cashews and Romesco sauce.
Address: RDTX Tower, Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav. 4 No. 6, RT.5/RW.2, Mega Kuningan, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan Timur, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, Kuningan Timur, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, Kuningan Tim., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940, Indonesia
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 878-5799-2371
8. Mr FoxMr. Fox is a hidden gem residing in the Senopati Central Business District (SCBD). It seating arrangements make you feel in a private space, the reason why so many professionals love this place. It also has its signature live music programs like The Gentlemen’s club held every Wednesday, Saturday Jukefox and Foxy Friday Live. DJ Kimm and Justeen features at the nightly live performances. Their MILF music shows (Monday I Love Fox) is well-known among the locals.
The exquisite dishes include roasted seabass, Edamame Nori, Pork belly, and roasted eggplant. The world famous KFC is also present but not without a twist. Here KFC expands as Krunchy Fried Crickets. The idea of fried crickets might feel a bit intimidating; you should have expected clever tricks while reading its name. Award-winning mixologist Albert Yacob makes some of the finest signature cocktails in the city.
Address: The Energy Building SCBD Lot 11a, Lobby Level, Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav 52-53 12190
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 52961999
9. BATS Situated in the Shangri-La Hotel is famous for its live music in Jakarta. Live international performers take up the night with the most popular western music. The dance floors remain crowded throughout the night as it is famous both among the tourists and locals as well. The ‘Whisky Room’ on the upper floors has a laid-back environment with comfy sofa seating and an LCD premiering live sports.
Address: Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta Level 1, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.Kav. 1, RT.10/RW.9, Karet Tengsin, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
Timings: 5:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 29229999
10. FLOW Bar and RestaurantThis bar cum restaurant has recently garnered attention for live music performed almost daily. Each day in the week stores in a different type of music like Reggae and Latin on Mondays, Top 40s on Wednesdays. The bands are mainly local with occasional international music performers from around the world. The Drinks list is specially curated with lots of signature cocktails, single malt whiskey and a myriad of different wines.
Address: Menara BTPN - Retail Tower Lt. 2 CBD Mega Kuningan Lot 5.5-5.6 Unit 02A, Jl. DR. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, Kuningan Tim., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12950, Indonesia
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 877-7171-1675
11. The Dock BSDIf you are a German music and food enthusiast then this place is for you. Music from Nena, Nina Hagen, Till Lindemann and Bushido are part of the lineup for the performers of live music in Jakarta. They also pick up classical music from Mozart, Christian Bach and Marlene.
Juicy Pork Knuckles are a must try as they are the best in Jakarta. Other western dishes include pizzas, burgers and sandwiches.
Address: Sampora, Cisauk, Tangerang, Banten 15345, Indonesia
Timings: 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 811-8402-123
12. Star Deli This is a Hollywood themed restaurant with many of the food items sharing its name with famous Hollywood celebrities like Madonna, Winona Ryder and Barrymore. Live music performances are mostly performed by local bands which have gained quite a buzz among the locals. Dishes include Star Combo Pizza, Fried Fish and Star Nachos.
Address: Jalan Kemang Selatan No.5 A RT.4/RW.4 Cilandak Timur Pasar Minggu RT.4, RT.4/RW.4, Cilandak Tim., Kec. Ps. Minggu, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12730, Indonesia
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 7818649
13. The DutchIt is a modern gastropub with engaging live performances by Imela Kei and Mike. Imela is the lead singer and composer of Ten2Five band. Her performances are a unique blend of pop, soul R&B from the 90s. Mike’s favourite picks include tracks from Nirvana, Oasis and Radiohead. Their signature cocktails add up to your gala time.
Address: 18 Parc Place Tower E Lt. GF, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.Kav. 52 - 53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190, IndonesiaIconic live performances, unique range of cocktails and mouth-watering foods are the hallmarks of many bars, pubs, and restaurants in Jakarta. Live music in Jakarta is an integral part of the city's nightlife. It is also the reason for attracting tourists from all over the world. As you now have all the necessary information, enjoy the best of nights during your stay in Jakarta.
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Phone: +62 21 5152828