You just got hitched, and you're looking to spend some quality alone time with your special someone? Don't worry, we have got you covered!
If you wish to find a quiet and simple place with pleasant weather, this small town of Shimla nestled in the heart of Himachal Pradesh is the perfect spot for you. Shimla offers you and your partner the ideal getaway after all the hustle of the wedding preparations and lets you enjoy in the lap of nature, making the best of the time with your partner.
The exotic architecture built in the colonial style, coupled with the lush green pastures of nature covered, along with the fascinating variety of flora and fauna all packs into giving you the perfect experience for your honeymoon in Shimla.
This beautiful little hill station with its breathtaking views and pleasant and clean atmosphere makes it an attractive choice for many couples looking to spend some quality time on their romantic honeymoon.
1. Relax And Pamper Yourself In A Luxurious Hotel
Honeymoon in Shimla is a special time for you and your partner to spend some amount of quality time with each other. So a luxurious hotel is a must when you are on your honeymoon. Shimla offers you a wide variety of options of many luxurious hotels where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the serene beauty of the nature while wrapped up in the arms of your loved ones.
The ideal duration of stay in Shimla is for 2-3 days; however, you may wish to spend more or fewer days depending upon your preference.
1. Marigold Sarovar Portico:The average cost per night: 6200-8400 RupeesHighlights: Perfect for nature lovers as it offers you many opportunities for camping, trekking and nature walks, along with all the basic facilities of dining, gym and a relaxing spa.
2. The Oberoi Cecil:The average cost per night: 14000-16500 RupeesHighlights: Offering you one of the best picturesque views of the Himalayas, Cedar forests and ancient monasteries.
3. Hotel Marina:The average cost per night: 9000-15000 RupeesHighlights: High on luxury and close to the Shimla Mall road, making it the perfect blend of accessibility and luxury.
4. Snow Valley Resorts:The average cost per night: 6000-6500 RupeesHighlights: Modern age facilities coupled with breathtaking views of nature.
5. Hotel Willow Banks:The average cost per night: 6700-10100 RupeesHighlights: Easy accessibility to many tourist attractions along with a special tourist lift to enjoy.
2. Immerse Yourself in The Beauty of NatureShimla is like a paradise on earth, blessed with abundance in natural beauty with snow clad mystical mountains, lush green pastures and serene lakes, Shimla comes as a breath of fresh air for you to enjoy with your partner. The awe striking beauty of the place is sure to leave you and your partner mesmerized on your honeymoon in Shimla. So go ahead and explore the different sites of the city to enjoy a truly wonderful experience with your partner soaking in the beauty of nature.
1. Summer Hill: This beautiful hill is located on the route from Shimla to Kalka it is one of the most peaceful places to visit away from all the noise of the city life, and the best part it is free of cost and allows you to spend some quiet time with your partner.
2. Chadwick Waterfall: There is always something very peaceful and calming about the sound and sight of a waterfall. The beauty of this waterfall is magnified as it is located between beautiful hills surrounded by the trees of Pine and Deodar making it the perfect paradise to experience some peace and calm during your stay. Further, exploring this gorgeous site is also free of cost which saves you from burning a hole in your pocket and you can spend as much time as you want over there.
3. Kiala Forest: This is forest one of the most popular attractions in Shimla. The forest is the perfect escape for all the nature and animal lovers, and also offers you and your partner some new experiences.
4. Sunset Point at Scandal Point: A visit to the hill station is incomplete without a sunset point. Located just 3km away from the heart of the city this is a spot with its beautiful canvass of blending colors is a must visit when at Shimla.
5. Jakhoo Hill: Jakhoo Hill is again one of the popular spots visited by many tourists and is the highest point of the city. The hill attracts many tourists because of its magnificent beauty. Nestled in the hills is a Jakhoo temple of Lord Hanuman, so head over there to seek the blessing of the Lord, to begin with, your married life.
6. Shimla Ridge: The ridge is popularly known as the heart of the city and you will find the place buzzing with tourists allowing you to unwind after shopping and offering you with the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains and scenic beauty.
3. Get Your Adrenaline Pumping With Some Exciting Adventure Sports
Shimla is a beautiful place which not only boasts of its natural beauty but it is also a hub of many adventure sports activities for you to explore with your partner. So go ahead and explore the wide spectrum of adventure activities to pump your adrenaline and embark on this roller coaster journey with your partner. Indulge yourself in many different adventure sports activities like cycling, paragliding, trekking and camping.
1. Cycling in the wildlife sanctuary: Explore the beauty of the flora and fauna in the forest while going cycling through the forest, helping you to experience the entire thrill of the forest and immersing yourself in the beauty of nature.
2. River Rafting: Shimla is a beautiful hilly region with clean waters making it the perfect destination to allow the thrilling river rafting experience. The river Sutlej offers a 12km stretch which allows you a complete power packed river rafting experience for almost 2 hours.
3. Paragliding: The best place to visit on your honeymoon to Shimla is this exhilarating experience of the Kangra Valley. Giving you an out of the body experience and allowing you to feel free in the sky with your partner, making it perfect to spice up things with your partner.
4. Ice Skating: Shimla is the only place in the country offering you a natural ice skating rink. So, gear up and skate away from your problems with your partner, enjoying a truly mind-blowing experience in the beautiful valley of Shimla.
5. Camping and Trekking: If you and your partner are people who love the outdoors camping or taking a hike up the hills is one of the best things to do. You can enjoy many memorable camping experiences at popular and offbeat places like Queens Hills and Junga which is a forest hike.
4. Quench Your Thirst For Shopping
Any holiday or vacation is incomplete without a trip to the shopping markets, especially if you are on your honeymoon in Shimla, you want to remember it with some beautiful souvenirs.
The Lakkar bazaar in Shimla is the place to go shopping from some trinkets and souvenirs on the street. The best things to look out for here are the woollen clothing and pashmina shawls.
What is the best time to visit Shimla?Then the best time to visit is from March to June, as the average temperature is ranging between 15 to 25 degrees Celsius.
However, if you yearn for some quiet and peaceful time and want to experience the snow in this hill station head to Shimla somewhere between October to January where you will experience temperatures as low as -2 to 8 degrees Celsius.
How To Reach Shimla?The best way to reach Shimla is to take a flight or a train to Delhi. From Delhi you have two options to reach Shimla:
1. You can take a direct bus or hire a private vehicle which will take you to the city.
Average time of the journey would be somewhere between 9-10 hours.
2. The second option would be to take a train to Kalka and from there take the famous Kalka-Shimla railway. (Highlight: The Kalka-Shimla Railway is also a World Heritage site declared by UNESCO)
However, if you wish to minimize your travel time, you may also take a direct flight to Shimla airport, from where the city is just an hour's drive away.
We wish you the best honeymoon in Shimla on your trip with your partner and hope that you enjoy your beautiful adventure in this quaint town.