6 Types of Coffee in Los AngelesLA does have your regular orders like espressos and cappuccinos but that’s not where it ends. It also has a wide range of coffees that will break your average routine coffee drinking.
The Angeleno is a hit drink at Intelligentsia LA. It is made of four shots of espresso, ice, milk. Sounds like your regular latte right? But what makes it special is the agave nectar they add to the drink. It adds more complexity to the flavour than the regular sugar would. The drink is one of the more popular drinks here and is a daily dose for many.
Where to find it: Intelligentsia
2. Mole CortadoThis coffee is a very interesting mixture of flavours. It contains Mole bitters which are added to the traditional espresso. Along with the mole, there is an added frothy milk which gives the coffee a light feeling. It's quite close to being a Mexican hot chocolate. There is also added paprika on the top making it more savoury than a sweet coffee.
Where to find it: Paper or Plastik Cafe
3.Rose and Vanilla LatteThe latte is a beautiful amalgamation of flavours. The authentic rose water and homemade Madagascar syrup are the stars of this latte. The flavours are a little soft in the heated version of the drink so the iced version is recommended to feel the wholesome depth of flavours. The vanilla and milk create a beautiful base for the rose flavour to bloom.
Where to find it: Rubies + Diamonds
4. Iced mint Cubano
What do you need on a hot day? A cold coffee! The punch added by the hand-crushed mint along with the chocolate in this drink is definitely a match made in heaven. The creaminess of the milk and the espresso helps balance the flavours out. It is a sweeter relative of the Cortado.
Where to find it: Cafe Demitasse
5.Business & Pleasure
Business and pleasure is definitely a match made in heaven. There are two coffee shots in this combination 1) Business: The straight espresso shot 2) Pleasure: The Cappuccino shot. The ideal way to drink is to go for the Pleasure of the sweet almond and macadamia milk cappuccino and then end with the dark chocolatey Business espresso.
Where to find it: Go get em Tiger
6.Spicy coconut MindThe Spicy coconut mind is a cold brew of coffee with a shining flavour of coconut. The Coconut shines in the drink in the form of coconut milk, essential oil, and coconut nectar. The cayenne pepper enhances the flavour of the coconut and this drink with the gracious touch of coffee is an apt representation of the bay area.
Where to find it: Source Cafe
Average priceYou can get a coffee at LA for about $1-$2, there is always a Starbucks around the corner where you could get your daily dose of caffeine. On average, a Coffee and Danish in LA would cost you around $7.50.
Where to find good coffee?
1. Bloom and PlumeThe Cafe was designed by California-based artist Maurice Harris and is a beautiful place to sit and enjoy your evening cup of coffee or pick up your morning brew from. It is a cafe that is black-owned and it celebrates the black diversity in the neighbourhood community. It collaborates with local stores and artists as well. The cafe serves colourful matcha and chai along with crunchy toasts in a beautiful floral set up.
Location: 1638 W Temple St Los Angeles, CA 90026
Timings: 8:00am - 3:00pm
2. Go Get em tigerGo get em Tiger is a chain of cafes and coffee brewers. Though it is a growing empire, it makes sure to fill enough love and finesse in each cup of coffee. They make their coffee with their own beans and you can buy some beans and equipment to bring home and create your own as well. Their Almond and Macadamia milk is a must-have delicacy.
Location: 230 N Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90004
Timings: 7:00am - 4:00pm
3. Intelligentsia Coffee and teaSince the beginning, the cafe has been a star in the trade. It checks all the boxes for the cafephiles, be it tourists or locals. The beans used by them are of a single trade and organic too. The cafe has friendly baristas who whip up your drink with a smile on their face and technique in their work.
Location: 3922 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90029
Timings: 7:00am - 4:00pm
4. EndorffeineThe cafe is literally operated by a scientist and uses one of the most sought after beans in the whole world including Drop and Sey. It has made a place for itself in the list of Food & Wine’s 2019 Best Coffee Shops in America. It was a unique menu and extremely creative drinks like Vanilla Pandan latte and coconut matcha on it.
Location: 727 N Broadway Ste 127 Los Angeles, CA 90012
Timings: 9:00am - 6:00pm
5.Civil CoffeeThe cafe is definitely one of the top places for people to grab a cup of coffee in Easterside. That explains the all-time busy nature of the cafe. It is a stylish yet homely cafe with a fun seating arrangement, a couple of couches, and a back patio. You can grab a cup of coffee with burritos, toasts, and baked goods. It makes for a perfect meal for any time of the day!
Location: 5629 N Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90042
Timings: 7:00am - 3:00pm
6. Muddy PawThe cafe has a wide range of interesting drinks like Mexican mocha and Salty old dog ( with dark chocolate and caramel) . The motto of the cafe is ‘Have a cup, save a pup’. Buying a drink here helps support a number of animal homes and shelters. So you enjoy your drink while doing a good deed as well. If you’re a dog lover, the eagle rock location of the cafe has a dog park too!
Location: 3320 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026Cafes can be a wonderful place to just sit and make memories with your friends and family or just to grab a cup of coffee to balance out your dose of caffeine on a busy Monday morning. Either way, the coffee in Los Angeles will cater to the fancy of your tastebuds!
Timings: 7:00am - 7:00pm