There is also no need to disregard the chances of striking the jackpot on a slot machine. The fantastic live shows that happen inside the casinos are said to be best enjoyed with the splendid cocktails. Equally raved about are the selection of wine and the amazing Pacific Rim cuisine.
The Best Casinos in New Zealand:
1. SkyCity Casino, AucklandThe casinos owned by the SkyCity Entertainment Group are considered to be most affluent in New Zealand. The only casino in Auckland, SkyCity is open for all twenty four hours of a day, throughout the week. Anyone could easily find the casino after reaching Auckland since it is located in the enormous 328m Sky Tower.
Although one of the busiest casinos in New Zealand, SkyCity promotes responsible gambling and hence encourages the guests to only play till they can meet the expense. In the gaming facility, the number of table games exceed hundred and fifty. It also has more than two thousand gaming machines.
Their extensive range of games includes Black Jack, Baccarat, Roulette, Tai Sai, Snake Eyes, Casino War, etc. By purchasing the affordable learning packages provided in the casino, one can go from knowing nothing about table games to becoming a master under the guidance of trained professionals. If you are an experienced player, it can be used to refine your skills.
Similar to the top of the building that has a three sixty degree view of the city, the casino has a restaurant named ‘Orbit 360°’ which constantly revolves. ‘The Grill’, ‘Gusto at the Grand’ and ‘Depot’ are fantastic restaurants which were showcased in the 2019 edition of the revered Cuisine Food Guide. ‘The Sugar Club’ won the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award along with the three other restaurants.
Location: 72 Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
2. Dunedin CasinoLocated at the bottom of High Street, Dunedin Casino was opened in the Southern Cross Hotel Building 1999. The casino went through a serious revamp recently, which has now lent it an atmosphere of Monte Carlo. One of the finest casinos in New Zealand, It was originally designed by an Italian architect named Louis Boldini in 1883.
Then, it had the name ‘Grand Hotel’. Even the current design of the casino has consciously retained fascinating elements from the Victorian Age. The whole setup is a successful attempt at blending retro and modern gaming.
It is comparatively a small casino with close to two hundred slot machines and just seven table games. The bingo room is quite large and has a capacity of one hundred and thirty seats. Classics from the New Zealand cuisine and abundant booze are available at The Grand Bar and Café.
Location: 118 High Street, Dunedin, New Zealand
3. Christchurch CasinoEstablished in 1994, Christchurch Casino was the first player among the casinos in New Zealand. In more than thirty-four tables, table games like Poker, Baccarat, Black Jack, Roulette, etc. is played and the number of slot machines operated in the casino crosses five hundred. The casino assures a good time for skilled players and amateurs alike.
Apart from the Bacarrat room and Poker lounges, the esports arena where the customers can play PS4 games without spending any money truly makes the casino stand out. It also has interesting places to grab a bite like ‘The café’ where the food options range from Kiwi classics to Asian fusion.
The Monza Sports bar in the casino has a two hundred and eight inches high definition LCD wall that caters well for sports aficionados since they can watch live sport while enjoying a glass of any of the great selection of craft beer. It also has handcrafted pizza, wines, burgers, etc.
Live music and other entertainment shows are held every weekend. Once every year, The New Zealand Poker Championship is hosted in the Christchurch Casino, which is a big event.
Location: 30 Victoria Street, Christchurch, New Zealand
Timings: Sun – Thu 12pm – 12am, Fri – Sat 12 pm – 2 am
4. SkyCity Casino, HamiltonAnother casino that belongs to SkyCity Entertainment Group, it has a beautiful view of the Waikato and hence the most scenic ambience. Otherwise, the SkyCity in Hamilton has just everything that is available in the Auckland branch. The gaming space that is spread over sixteen thousand square feet has almost three hundred and fifty slot machines and twenty-three table games.
The third out of the casinos in New Zealand to get opened, the Hamilton SkyCity throws in two precious chances for the guests to win a whopping sum of NZD 4000 in an event called Money Carlo. Just check their website to book a slot. The casino is open for twenty-four hours every day except for Christmas, Good Friday and ANZAC day.
The Zone Sports Bar has one of the biggest screens in the town and The EAT Burger has mouthwatering burgers for affordable prices. A ten-lane bowling alley has also been installed since 2006. The shows hosted in the casino are so versatile that even UFC matches are often accommodated.
Location: 34 Victoria Street, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand
5. SkyCity Casino, QueenstownThey have eighty-sixed gaming machines and twelve gaming tables that feature the most popular casino games. The Wild Thyme Kitchen within the casino has lunch options starting from NZD 10 and dinner options starting from NZD 15. They also have house combos which let you grab a dinner meal and a beverage for just NZD 20.
Location: 16/24 Beach Street, Queenstown, New ZealandThe entry to all the casinos in New Zealand is restricted to people who are twenty and above. Be aware of the dress code of the casino and carefully choose the games to play, since some are really hard to win.