So, if you are one of those people who will prefer an old-fashioned, strong breakfast over brunch any day! Then you have stepped to the right place. London has some great places to offer a wide range of dynamic foods to kick start your day. Here are some of the top breakfast places in London.
1. Caravan, FitzroviaIf you are exploring the center of London, then start your day with delicious breakfasts in Caravan. The interior decor and friendly atmosphere of this place will welcome you heartily. From the classic bacon and poached eggs to smoked san Simon croquettes this restaurant will make you fall for their grand menus. The caravan is loved by the locals for its signature dishes, Sourdough Sandwiches, Croissants, house-roasted Espresso and Filter Coffee are to name a few.
The amazing brunch options in Caravan Fitzrovia will offer you guaranteed flavors at a reasonable price. The best thing about this place is they offer a wide variety of vegan foods. Mouthwatering vegan dishes like Grilled Broccoli, Burnt Grelots, and Miso Verde raised the bar high.
Address: Yalding House, 152 Great Portland Street, London
Opening time: Mon - Fri: 07.30 — 22.30, Saturday: 09.00 — 22.30
Contact: 0203 963 8500
2. BalthazarBased on the center of Covent Garden Balthazar is serving savoring breakfasts for generations. Their motto is to combine the authenticity of tradition with quality ingredients to produce mouthwatering dishes. Balthazar offers some great menus like Porridge with sliced banana and resins, Sausage Baguette, Ham and Cheese Croissant, Smoked Salmon Bagel, Egg Royal, Egg Benedict, etc. Balthazar also offers refreshing juices and smoothies including green juices of celery, apple, kale, cucumber, ginger, and lemon.
You’ll also get the option to choose a full English Breakfast with eggs, maple-cured bacon, beans, Cumberland sausage, mushrooms, and much more. For those who are a lover of caffeine can try the wide variety of coffees and teas from their menus.
Address: Covent Garden, 4-6 Russell Street, London WC2B 5HZ England
Opening time: 7.30 am - 11pm
Contact: +4420 3301 1155
3. The WolseleyWolseley is one of the iconic places to have breakfast in London. Every day hundreds of locals and travelers around the world visit this restaurant to have breakfast. The Wolseley is renowned fro serving special dishes like The Wolseley Müesli, Granola, Classic Porridge, Prunes with Orange & Ginger, Creamed Porridge Oats, Crispy Bacon Roll, Bagel, and much more.
The fresh well-brewed Espresso, Cappuccino, will give you the heavenly feeling for sure. With all of their specialties, the Wolseley is the best place to visit for morning pleasure.
Address: 160 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9EB
Opening time:Monday - Friday: 7am - 11.30am & Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 11.30am
Contact: +44 (0)20 7499 6996
4. Duck & WaffleIf you are an early bird then Duck and Waffles is the ultimate breakfast destination for you. They offer traditional cuisines with playfully mixing the rustic, local and seasonal ingredients to their recipes. The Duck and Waffle welcome the guests to their vibrant atmosphere since 6 am in the morning. You can pick from the healthy section or the sweet waffles, Duck & waffles has it all.
Their menu includes classics like Spiced Chana, English Breakfasts with dry-cured bacon, plum tomato, mushroom, Lincolnshire sausage, and buttermilk scone. Savory beverages like Mimosa, Bloody Mary, and refreshing juices like orange, grapefruit, cranberry you can have it all in this amazing place called Duck & Waffles.
Address: 110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY
Opening time: Monday - Sunday 6:00am -11:30am
Contact: +44 203 640 7310
5. St John Bread and WineWanna know the best place to eat a bacon sandwich? Then head to the Commercial St in London. St John Bread and Wine is famous for serving char-grilled bacon with bread spread with delicious butter and tangy tomato ketchup.
Their cookbook includes Porridge and Rhubarb, Scotch Woodcock, Toast, Butter, Honey, and Preserves. If you are a fan of classic old-fashioned breakfasts then this place is a must-visit.
Address: 94-96 Commercial St., E1 6LZ
Opening time: 9.00am to 9.00pm
Contact: 020 7553 9844
6. DishoomNo matter where you choose to have breakfast in London, the Bacon Naan at Dishoom will always top the list! The puffy and crispy bread naan with crunchy bacon, melted cheese, and juicy tomato is enough to make you go weak on the knees.
Dishoom also offers delicious peppery Shropshire, Grilled Mushrooms, Pork bangers, and classic scrambled eggs. The refreshing lassi or a cocktail from Dishoom is the perfect way to kick start your day in London.
Address: 7 Boundary St, Hackney, London E2 7JE, United Kingdom
Opening time: 8 am – 11 pm
Contact: +44 20 7420 9324
7. Prufrock CoffeePrufrock Coffee is heaven for coffee lovers. They served their savory-sweet baked foods from 8 am in the morning. They are known for maintaining seasonality in their classic menu. The delicious menu includes Porridge with nutmeg, fresh fig and jam, tomato toast, poached eggs and granola with cereal milk.
While roaming in the streets of London heading towards Prufrock Coffee will be the best choice you’ve ever made.
Address: 23-25 Leather Lane, London, EC1N 7TE
Opening time: Mon-Fri: 8 am- 6 pm
Contact: +44 (0)207 242 0467
8. HawksmoorHawksmoor is famous for its simple motto, to serve the best steak in the entire London. Their two-to-share breakfast meal comes with sausages, grilled bone-marrow, black pudding, trotter baked beans, grilled mushrooms, fried eggs, and roasted tomatoes to fill the appetite. This enormous breakfast makes them stand out from the rest! They have various options for people with smaller appetites too!
On Sunday they serve delicious roasted beef to kick start your day. So, if you are in London make sure to visit this place.
Address: 10 Basinghall St, EC2V 5BQ
9. Granger & CoInspired from the Australian breakfast culture the Granger & Co have been ruling over London for last few years. They have their branches across Notting Hill, Clerkenwell, and King’s Cross. Their breakfast serving option is filled with healthy foods like coconut yogurt, lentil daal, and poached eggs.
The luxurious menu of Granger & Co will make any foodie crave for their heavenly foods.
Address: 1 Chiltern St, W1U 7PA
Timings: 7am – 11pm
Contact:+44 20 3848 1060
10. The Black pennyLocated in the Chiltern St, the Black Penny restaurant is the divine place for all the foodaholics. Their crispy duck, wild mushrooms, and the salt beef recipe is enough to satisfy the appetite of all the foodies.
Their stand out dishes are sourdough toast, Grilled pork and sage sausages, Whipped lemon ricotta, grilled halloumi, and much more.
Address: 1 Chiltern St, W1U 7PA
Timings: 8 am–6 pm
So, if you are in London make sure to visit these restaurants for once. From the Balthazar to the Black penny the savory menus will offer tasty delights to satisfy your taste buds at any time.