What could be better than Skydiving in Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world? With options ranging from diving from a height of 9000ft, 12000ft or even 15000ft at a speed of 124mph, skydiving in Queenstown is among the best ways to experience the adventure capital of the world!
Best Spots to Go Skydiving in Queenstown
1. Wakatipu Lake
- Tandem Skydive experience offered by NZONE Skydive, allows you to enjoy the natural beauty of the Wakatipu Lake and the mountains, in a 60-second free fall from a height of 9000ft, 12000ft or 15000ft. The activity is offered every 30 minutes from 6am to 4pm.
- The whole activity is for a duration of 4 hours. To participate in this activity you should be above 6 years, the weight limit is 30-115 Kgs, and the minimum height is 120cms.
- Personal cameras are restricted, all photos and videos will be taken by the team and will be sent to you if booked during the check-in time.
- Age groups between 0-17 require consent from their parents or guardian.
- Children below the age group of 6-12 are permitted for skydiving of 9000ft.
- The peak seasons are the months of October-May. Participants above 95Kgs will be subjected to Tandem Master assessment.
- Participants weighing 95-105Kgs are charged NZD 50 and those weighing from 105-115 kg are charged NZD 75 during check-in. There is a full refund of cancellation made 48 hours prior to the date of the activity.
2. The Remarkables
- The next up is skydiving near the Remarkables from a height of 15000ft at a speed of 200kph for 60 seconds at a price starting from Rp. 23189. The whole activity is for a duration of 4 hours.
- While jumping from a height that is almost twice the height of the mountain, you can enjoy the majestic view of the Remarkables mountain ranges. The price includes complimentary return transport, 5 minutes canopy ride, tandem master, locker facilities for your valuables, free wifi and outdoor games at the drop zone and all the skydiving equipment.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women and children below 6 years of age.
- Open-toed shoes are not allowed. Participants below the age of 18 years require written consent from their parents or guardian. Participants between the age group of 6-12 are allowed for skydiving for a maximum of 9000ft.
- Skydiving over Glenorchy is one of the most memorable experiences when skydiving in Queenstown.
- The experience includes a twenty minutes flight where you get to see the scenic beauty of Queenstown.
- Queenstown has more than one option to offer when it comes to skydiving.
4. Mount Cook
- Skydiving above Mount Cook allows you to enjoy a skydiving experience of a 45 minutes free fall from a height of 13000ft.
- The duration of the whole experience is 3 hours including an amazing flight trip and a beautiful view of Mount Cook.
- It costs around NZD 339 per person. The various skydiving tour operators and skydiving centres in Queenstown are Nzone Skydiving Queenstown, iFLY Indoor Skydiving Queenstown, Adrenaline Hunter, Queenstown Adventure Group, Active Adventure, amongst others.