There are so many after-dark activities to do in this lakeside town that we have listed some of them so that you don’t miss out on any.
Here’s Our List of Activities That Make Nightlife in Queenstown Fun and Memorable
1. Go Partying and Bar CrawlingQueenstown is renowned as the “Party Capital of New Zealand” because there is a party for everyone and it goes on throughout the night. The party scene is an important aspect of nightlife in Queenstown and is quite varied too. You will find Nightclubs with fun themes, games, live music, and even ones with laid back artsy vibes. You can pick and choose from the several sports bars, backpackers bars, Irish pubs, craft beer bars, and the local Kiwi bars and spend your night partying. You can also register for a bar crawl and meet people, enjoy food and play games. The bar crawls are available from Tuesday to Saturday and they offer huge discounts too.
2. Watch the Southern Lights and StarsQueenstown offers impressive views of the Southern Lights or Aurora Australis in its starry skies. You can drive just a bit away from the city’s light pollution and gaze at the stars and even watch the colourful Southern Lights at midnight. Moke Lake and Coronet Peak are great places for stargazing and catching the lights. You can also head to Skyline Gondola and book a tour for a surreal experience of nightlife in Queenstown. They provide high powered Celestron telescopes to view constellations, planets, comets, and nebulas at Bob’s Peak.
3. Get Scared at the Fear FactoryYou can book a very unique and challenging entertainment experience at the Fear Factory. This one’s not for the faint-hearted but it will surely make your nightlife in Queenstown real fun and scary. The live experience is a dare to walk down the dark hallways of the old Lockhart Hotel with live actors and impressive special effects to get your heart pounding. The nerve-wracking experience has been rated among the top 5 haunted experiences in the world by the AHA. You can book your 20-minute slot and test your nerves.
4. Go Bungee Jumping into the DarknessBungee jumping is a sport for adrenaline junkies and to add to the thrill you can do it at night. One of the most exciting nocturnal activities, the night bungee jump at Ledge Bungy adds zing to the nightlife in Queenstown. The jump-off spot is 400 meters above the city and you can enjoy Queenstown’s spectacular skyline from the top. So, if you are up for the challenge and delve into darkness you will be rewarded with spectacular views.
5. Night Ski at Coronet PeakNightlife in Queenstown is full of adventure activities, night skiing is one of them. Coronet Peak is a commercial ski field in Queenstown that offers night skiing during winters. You can enjoy skiing accompanied by live music from 22nd June to 31st August each year on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. You can buy passes for NZD 65 and party through the night.
6. Go On an Evening Cruise and Farm TourA leisurely evening cruise on Lake Wakatipu is the most exotic experience of nightlife in Queenstown. The ideal setup amidst nature makes it the perfect romantic getaway for couples. You can enjoy the scenic sunset over cocktails as you sail to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue dinner. A guided farm tour post-dinner gives you insights into the Kiwi lifestyle, traditions, and food.
7. Find Your Way through the Sensory MazeChallenge yourself through the Odyssey Sensory Maze for a fun and adventurous experience of nightlife in Queenstown. You can buy passes for NZD 32 for adults and NZD 22 for children and explore the place as you try to find your way out. The maze takes you through challenging spaces, quirky physical obstacles, mind-boggling illusions, strange lighting, scents, sensations, and sound effects. The experience is unique and can be enjoyed at a discounted price of NZD 99 for families.
8. Catch Live Shows over Drinks and DinnerNightlife in Queenstown is quirky but there are enough experiences for those who prefer the artsy vibe. You will find enough bars and nightclubs to party in the city but if you are among those who prefer classy live music, the city offers that too. Head to The World Bar for great live musical performances on weekdays and DJs pumping out live music on weekends. You can also enjoy live gigs at Yonder over drinks and café food. The Irish-Kiwi pub and restaurant Pog Mahones is another great place for music lovers.
9. Take a Beer and Wine Tasting TourBook an exotic wine and beer tasting tour of the Gibbston Valley. Book a twilight tour to get the best experience of nightlife in Queenstown as the sun sets over the city. You will be picked up elegantly in a chauffeured Mercedes and will be driven to the spot for tasting wines and locally crafted beers. You can enjoy an antipasto platter and will be driven back to the city in high spirits.
10. Enjoy Hot Pool BathsYour search for a world-class unwinding experience ends at Onsen Hot Pools. The award-winning luxury spa chain offers relaxation therapy in a tranquil setting amidst nature. After enjoying the happening and adventurous nightlife in Queenstown you can head to Arthurs Point. Soak in their luxurious hot pools and enjoy stunning views of the magnificent Shotover River as you enjoy the spectacular sunset. They are open till 11:00 PM and have tubs that can accommodate groups of four, couples and individuals.
We have listed some of the most exciting activities you can try to enjoy the best nightlife in Queenstown. There are many more things the city offers such as catching up a movie at the local cinema theatre, twilight zip trekking, night luge, and skyline dinner.