What Is the View like from Above in A Hot Air Balloon in Queenstown?The ride will entertain you with stunning views of the Coronet Peak, The Remarkables ski areas, Lake Wakatipu, Kawarau River, Mount Aspiring in the Southern Alps and Mount Tutoko in Fiordland National Park.
Lord of the Rings fans will be filled with excitement to realize that destinations like the Ford of Bruinen, Dimrill Dale, Pillars of the Kings and the Gates of Argonath, can be seen from above. Mt Earnslaw, portrayed as Isengard, can likewise be seen.
Duration of a Ride in a Hot Air Balloon in QueenstownThe whole affair takes about 3 - 3.5 hours, which includes pickup and return to your accommodation, a 1-hour long ride and a champagne celebration at the landing site.
When and Where to Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride in QueenstownSunrise Balloons is a family operated and owned company which has been flying hot air balloons for the past 22 years.
Location: It is a Queenstown based company, located 45° South of the Equator. Address - Queenstown, 9371.
Timing: Early morning when the air is calm and cool. Generally, during summers the timing is 5 am and during winter it is 8 am.
Cost of Going on a Hot Air Balloon in Queenstown
Adult: NZD 595
Children between 4 - 12 years: NZD 395
Things to Know
- Launch site only 15 minutes from Queenstown.
- Transfers included to and from Queenstown.
- Flight Duration: approximately 1 hour.
- Please allow 3 - 4 hours for the entire journey.
- Flights can start as early as 5 am in summer through to 8:30 am in winter.
- Cameras highly recommended.
- Sturdy footwear essential.
- Clothing suitable for outdoor pursuits strongly advised.
- Passenger weights required when booking. Please note the maximum weight for each passenger is 136 kgs or 300 lbs or 21.50 stone!
- Exclusive charter flights available by prior arrangement.
- Available for Film & Television work, also weddings.
Soar high above the city by flying in a hot air balloon in Queenstown and feel the exhilaration of flying high and explore the city in a unique way!