1. Eco Tones Munnar:
Eco Tones have dedicated themselves to be different from the usual resort that a person chooses. They have made sustainable mud houses that have a rustic feel to it but does contain all the modern amenities. Guests get to interact with the local people and explore the nature in their own way without the hindrance of urban noises. The place even prepares food that is good for health and the produce is local and fresh. It is a nice experience to stay in such close proximity to nature.
Address: 10/ 203 (1), Muthuvankudi Sengulam, Munnar, Idukki District Kerala - 685565Book This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Ernakulam: 3 hours 29 minutes (115 Km)
Cost for One Night: Rs 4158 +GST
Major Attractions: Good food, local touch, mud houses
2. Go Green Spice and Eco Resort
This eco resort is present close to the Cavelossim beach. They vouch to provide guests with a luxurious and eco-friendly stay. The resort has its own private beach so it is away from the crowd and noises. The resort even provides bicycles for rent so that guests can explore the place. Nature enfolds the visitors when they choose to stay in the wooden cottages available in the resort.
Address: Rodrigues Ward Cavelossim Panchayat Road, Cavelossim, Goa, Goa, India, 403731Book This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Margao: 36 minutes (17 Km)
Cost for One Night: Rs 2168 +GST
Main Attractions: private beach, serenity, wooden cottages, luxury, bicycles
3. Aahana Corbett WildernessThis accommodation is present against the Corbett park which itself makes it more attractive to any guest. It is stretched over 10 acres and provides the guest with a unique experience of staying close to the jungle. They have tied up with the local village to provide a luxurious experience to the guest. The rooms are furnished in wood and fully equipped to help a guest feel satisfied with their stay.
Book This ResortAddress: Vill. Sawaldeh PO Semalkhaliya, Jim Corbett National Park, Ramnagar Nainital, India 244715Distance from the Main City: Nainital: 2 hour (75 Km)Cost for One Night: Rs 10,000 +GSTMain Attractions: Forest, luxurious stay, adventures, good food
4. Jambudvipa Eco Resort and RestaurantThis resort is present in Arambol Goa and it currently has 10 beautiful eco-friendly rooms available for the guests. When a guest enters the property they will be amazed to see the way the place has been covered with nature. The huts are also built in an eco-friendly way and they have all the basic amenities. The restaurant is designed around the theme of a village with rustic vibes. The restaurant serves dishes which are made from organic local fresh produce. The resort provides an excellent stay away from the humdrums of congested places.
Address: Dando Rd, Arambol, Goa 403527Book This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Arambol: 8 min (2.9 Km)
Cost for one night: RS 1960 +GST
Main Attractions: eco-friendly huts, good food, friendly staff, lots of plants, beach is nearby
5. The Fern Gir Forest Resort
This resort has been known for providing luxurious services to their guests and for being environmentally conscious. Right now, they have 40 rooms available for the guests and all of them have basic amenities and they have tried to make it as eco-friendly as possible. The design of the resort is inspired from rural India. They also have dining facilities and their Gujarati specialities are made from locally produced fresh ingredients.
Address: SH-26, Malia Sasan Rd, Sasan Gir, Gujarat 362135Book This Resort
Distance from the main City: Talala: 27 minutes (17 km)
Cost for one night: RS 4449 +GST
Main Attractions: luxury, eco-friendly environment, good food, hospitality
6. Vythiri ResortThis is a unique resort present in Wayanad as it lets the guests experience the rainforest. They have different types of accommodations including 5 treehouses. The resort uses eco-friendly product and hires help locally. Guests can get up and start trekking in the tropical rainforests right at their resort. The place has all the amenities that a person may need while they are staying and this makes the tour much more relaxing.
Address: Vythiri ResortLakkidi P.O, Wayanad 673 576Kerala, IndiaBook This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Kozhikode: 1 hour 58 minutes (63 Km)
Cost for one Night: RS 12,713 +GST
Main Attractions: tree house, tropical rainforest, wellness center, hospitality, wildlife
This resort is situated in the Nimmoo village of Ladakh which is above 10000 ft. It is a place that provides the relaxation which you get by being in close proximity to the pristine and untouched mountains. The meals are always made from local fresh produce. To get a better experience of their eco-friendliness one needs to stay in the tent. They provide an experience of the Ladaki tradition.
Address: Nimmu House Ladakhc / Nangso House Nimmu194101 LehBook This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Leh: 44 minutes (35 Km)
Cost for One Night: Rs 9135 + GST
Main Attractions: Heritage stay, Ladaki traditions, good food, trekking
8. Swa Swara Wellness RetreatOne of the main reasons to become eco-friendly is for the wellness of the soul. This resort by the Om Beach in Gokarna has made it their motto. Guests can visit the place to find themselves among the recluse of nature in a sanctuary. Guests can choose among the various programs that they have. The resort makes use of biogas and makes the food using local fresh produce which has been grown organically with minimal use of chemicals. The place even has a lake meant to store rainwater.
Address: Om Beach , Gokarna , KarnatakaBook This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Karwar: 1 hour 31 minutes (65 Km)
Cost for Three Days: Rs 59,180 +GST
Main Attractions: wellness, food, beach, unique experience
9. The Barefoot at HavelockThis is a rainforest resort that allows the guests to have a one of a kind experience by living close to the original land. They provide tours inside the rainforest. Apart from that they have eco-friendly accommodations in form of villas, tents and cottages. They have used timber and coconut to minimize the use of synthetic materials. The food is equally appealing as it is made from natural fresh produce and is inspired from the cuisine of Andaman.
Address:Beach N0. 7, Radhanagar Village Havelock Island Andaman Islands Havelock Island Andaman Islands, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211Book This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Port Blair: 3 hours 17 minutes (72 Km)
Cost for one night: RS 10,994 +GST
Main Attractions: the forest, designer accommodations, good food, courteous hospitality
10.Ananda in the HimalayasThis is a unique spa resort that is situated close to Rishikesh. The resort is nestled in the nature of the Himalayas which makes it beautiful. As it is meant for wellness, they try to limit the use of chemicals and they have made the accommodations in that way. The stay is comfortable as the guests get all the amenities. They can join different programs available in the resort. Another plus point of the resort is its food which is healthy and soulful.
Address:The Palace Estate, Narendra Nagar, Uttarakhand 249175Book This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Rishikesh: 41 minutes (20 Km)
Cost for One Night: Rs 95,850 +GST
Main Attractions: Wellness programs, nature, hospitality, food, amenities
The Kipling Camp is situated on the edge of the Kanha National Park. They are providing accommodations to the travellers since a long time and they thought of making the camp a part of responsible tourism. The camp especially supports the welfare of wildlife and the forests. They welcome the guests to have an experience of the beautiful place. The place does arrange forest safaris and they do have a friendly elephant called Tara.
Address: Kipling CampMorcha Village, P.O. Kisli - Kanha National ParkDistrict Mandla, Madhya Pradesh 481768, IndiaBook This Resort
Distance from the Main City: Mandla: 1 hour 13 minutes (48 Km)
Cost for One Night: RS 13,160 +GST
Main Attractions: Forest, Wildlife, Tara, Comfortable accommodation
So, here are some of the eco-friendly resorts that are present in India. All of them have their own unique qualities which makes them more visitable. We hope to get more eco-friendly resorts in the future to help the environment and social wellness.