Here's enlisted the best markets in the world that you should be visiting. They ensure fun, frolic and a grand Christmas fiesta!
1. Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin, GermanyOut and about in the nice chilly weather of Berlin, the Gendarmenmarkt surely tops off as the best Christmas market. A bit of both luxury and simplicity, the market starts way before Christmas to ring in the celebrations. You can shop your Christmas gifts and souvenirs, invest in unique craftsmanship produce and buy all your Christmas decor for the season at the market. It also ensures entertainment with a line-up of dance and music performances and takes care of your hunger pangs with a variety of food and drink stalls! Catch sight of an over-the-top view from the French Church.
Entry Fee: EUR 1
Address: Gendarmenmarkt, 10117 Berlin, Germany
2. Christkindlmarket, Chicago, USAIt's much more than just a Christmas market! You will just not be taking away bags but also a set of skills that you will acquire at the market, including the popular Hot Glass Experience Glass Ornament sessions. A plethora of artisans showcase their work at Christkindlmarket which you can take home. The live Christmas jazz will keep you grooving at every nook and cranny. Your retail indulgence will include handmade ornaments, nutcrackers, and collectibles from Germany. Don't miss out on a hearty Breakfast at St.Nicholas!
Entry Fee: Free of Cost ( USD 5 for your pets)
Address: 50 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602, United States
3. Tivoli Gardens, CopenhagenExuding the best Christmas vibe in town, Tivoli Gardens presents the best of 60 Christmas stalls in magical surroundings. The amusement park doubles up as a market but continues to run its rides during Christmas. With over 1000 snow-covered Christmas trees with twinkling Swarovski balls, the fairy light stalls, and over 70,000 Christmas baubles, the market should be your go-to destination for all your Christmas shopping and merrymaking. Shops of knitted products, leather products, crafts, and deli items are stalled at the market. The market has some of the best hot cuppas for your comfort in the cold weather.
Entry Fee: USD 20
Address: Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København V, Denmark
4. Toronto Christmas Market, TorontoToronto's Christmas gala is to be witnessed at the Toronto Christmas Market! The light canopies are certainly the most eye-catching element of the market. You'll be accompanied by elves and if you'll be lucky, you get to meet Santa! A selection of stalls showcased at the market is just the retail therapy you're looking for. Local craftsmanship, live brass bands, and wood carving stalls are the prime attractions. Don't forget to indulge in the best Christmas delicacies and the unforgettable mulled wine at the market.
Entry Fee: USD 8 ( Tuesday-Friday) USD 12 (Saturday & Sunday)
Closed on Monday
Address: 373 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5A 1G4, Canada
5. Frankfurt Christmas Market, Birmingham, UKA dash of retail and a massive gathering of Birmingham, Frankfurt Christmas Market is the most ideal place to be with your family during the Christmas week. It has all your last-minute Christmas needs fixed and promises merriment to the core. The variety of stands offers a variety of stuff ranging from the most traditional Christmas gifts to hand-crafted leatherwork, toys, jewelry and much more besides! To treat your taste-buds, dig into the most delicious Pretzels, schnitzels, bratwursts, and roasted almonds and wash it down with yummy hot chocolate or wheat beer. You dare miss out a ride on the ornate carousel through the market!
Entry Fee: Free of Cost
Address: Birmingham B3 3AA, United Kingdom
6. Edinburgh's Christmas Market, ScotlandIt's a Christmas extravaganza at the Edinburgh's Christmas market! The Christmasy vibe runs along a six-week span where you can get all your decorations, gifts and amazing hand-crafted products from the Bavarian-style stalls. The tasty delights up on the stalls and the special mulled wine come to your rescue if you're not so much into shopping! The decorations, lights, and carols will keep you glued to the market.
Entry fee: Free of Cost
Address: East Princes Street Gardens, located beside the Waverley Station, Edinburgh EH2 2HG, United Kingdom
7. Old Town Square Christmas Market, Prague, Czech RepublicIt's no short of a winter wonderland at Prague's Old Town Christmas market. Holding the baton of the states' glory, this market has literally everything to offer. Opening much prior to Christmas, the market has decorated wooden huts which double up as a shoppers stand. You can get yourself ceramics, jewelry, embroidered lace, scented candles, Christmas tree ornaments, hats and gloves and what not! You shouldn't be counting on calories here as barbecue sausages, flatbreads, honey wine, meat, and sweet dumplings will make it difficult to resist! Of course, the ongoing carols jazz up the festive vibe!
Entry fee: CZK 25
Address: Staroměstské nám., 110 00 Josefov, Czechia
8. Viennese Dream Christmas Market, Vienna, AustriaWith the enchanting buildings and the mesmerizing city view in the backdrop with already beautiful lighting, the lights of this Christmas market adds to its glory! The crowded square is the most beautiful in the evenings. The unique Craftsman stalls and the little children's area teaching kids to bake some Christmas cookies and candles makes it easier for the mommies to shop around while their kids are busy learning! The highlight of the market is undoubtedly the international choirs singing in harmony, drawing the crowds to the harmonious cacophony.
Entry Fee: Free of Cost
Address: Rathauspl., 1010 Wien, Austria
9. Plaisir D' Hiver, Brussels, BelgiumThe heart of Brussels at Christmas Plaisir D' Hiver is unlike any other market. Along with an array of chalet kiosks selling gifts and crafts, one can hit-up on the big wheel to take a bird's eye view of the crowded market. The light and sound show of the Grand palace will keep you hooked to the changing bioluminescence. The mulled wine and jenever are the ultimate indulgent drinks at the fair. Kids can have a ball of their own on the merry-go-rounds and you can don your skates and show your skating skills at the beautiful ice skating rink.
Entry Fee: Free of cost
Address: 1000 Brussels, Belgium
10. Budapest Christmas Fair, HungaryThe celebrations at Vörösmarty square is like no other! Selling ornaments, gifts, and souvenirs of all sorts, the market has some serious Christmas indulgence to gorge on. From stuffed cabbage for the vegetarians to the mouth-watering grilled meats and sausages, the food is oh-so-delicious! The holiday bazaars krampampuli, grog, and tea beverages are worth a shot! Dance along to the melodies of folk, jazz, world music, soul, blues, and crossover concerts! The Budapest fair is undoubtedly a place to have a blast!
Entry Fee: Free of Cost
Address: Budapest, Vörösmarty tér, 1051 Hungary
11. Strasbourg Christmas Market, StrasbourgAdorned with lights from street to street, the city of Strasbourg is embellished with Christmas markets but the Strasbourg Christmas market seems to top off the markets list in France. An old traditional market, it takes families on a sensory journey and helps them with all their Christmas essentials. Commencing from 29th November until the 30th of December, one can revel in the traditional merrymaking as it was done in bygone days with lots of food, carols and retail under one roof.
Entry fee: FreeIf you're visiting any of these countries, you dare not miss out on these stand-out Christmas markets of the world. They sure are the best way to start off the Christmas celebrations! With such an exciting list, what keeps you from travelling to the best of the markets?
Address: Place Broglie, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Have you visited any of these markets? If yes, give us a review in the comments below!