Location : Monte Santo, Old Goa
Timings : 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Church & Convent of St. Monica, also known as the Royal Monastery of Santa Monica, was established in the early 17th century at Monte Santo in Goa. About two decades later, the monastery was turned to ashes by a destructive fire. However, 15 years later, it was rebuilt and established as the only convent for nuns in the state. It was also known as the first nunnery of the east and housed 150 nuns. The nunnery was shut down in 1885 after the passing of the last nun. From 1968, the attraction functions as only a church.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free