1. Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam by Car
Travelling by car is the other preferred alternative when going from Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam. After a certain point, even the route gets quite scenic due to the presence of river Godavari alongside.
The Routes That Can Be Taken
Route 1 - Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam via Palvancha
Kukatpally to LB Nagar to Suryapet to Khammam to Kothagudem to Palvancha (Landmark- Kothagudem Thermal Power Station-KTPS) - Bhadrachalam
Distance - 330 KM, 7 hoursRoute 2 - Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam via Warangal
Kukatpally to Uppal to Warangal to Narsampet to Pakhal lake to Yellandu to Palvancha to Bhadrachalam
Distance - 330 KM, 7 hours
Try leaving the city early in the morning. It is highly suggested that you are out of the fringes of Hyderabad before the morning peak hours. This will also save you from the heavy rush hour that continues on the Khammam-Palwancha stretch in the evening.
2. Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam by Train
The nearest railway station to Bhadrachalam is Bhadrachalam Road station which is around 40 kilometres from the pilgrimage town.
There are only three direct trains that make regular journeys to Bhadrachalam Rd. Station: Kolhapur Manuguru Express, Kakatiya Fast Passenger, and Secunderabad-Manuguru Express. Out of the three major trains plying between Secunderabad Jn. and Manuguru which is the nearest railway station to Bhadrachalam- Kakatiya Fast Passenger, and
Secunderabad-Manuguru Express shuttle in the evening and Kolhapur Manuguru Express runs in the morning. The trains cover a distance of around 300 kilometres.
Availabla Train Options
1. Kop Mugr Express
Timing: Departs from Secunderabad junction at 06:10 hrs - reaches Bhadrachalam road station at 11:20 hrs, operates daily.
Duration: 7 hours 35 minutes.Fare:
Sleeper- INR 215
3AC - INR 530
2AC- INR 7552. Kakatiya F Pas
Timing: Departs from Secunderabad junction at 18:40 hrs - reaches Manuguru station at 02:55 hrs, operates daily.
Duration: 7 hours 35 minutes.Fare:
Sleeper- INR 1303. Secunderabad-Manuguru Express
Timing: Departs from Secunderabad junction at 23:45 hrs - reaches Manuguru station at 05:05 hrs, operates daily.
Duration: 5 hours 20 minutes.Fare:
Sleeper- INR 190
3AC - INR 495
2AC- INR 700
- There are other major stations such as Vijayawada and Warangal, which are conveniently connected to Bhadrachalam by road and train. In the case of unavailability of seats in the mentioned trains, you can look for trains going to Vijayawada and Warangal and then change trains or take the help of state bus transport to reach Bhadrachalam.
- Bhadrachalam road is a petite station and the trains stop only for 2 minutes, make sure to inquire beforehand and stay ready to get off when the train arrives at Bhadrachalam.
- Bhadrachalam road station is situated at a distance of 40 kilometres from the main town so you will have to take APSRTC buses or locally available cabs. It is another 50 minutes drive from the station.
- Bhadrachalam road is locally famous as Kothagudem Railway Station so while enquiring you can use the former name for better communication, especially when talking to a local.
- The bus fare from Kothagudem (Bhadrachalam station) to the main town may cost somewhere between INR 20-30. There are ample buses available just outside the station.
3. Hyderabad to Bhadrachalam by Bus
Reaching Bhadrachalam from Hyderabad on a bus is the most popular, easily available and commodious way of travel. From AC sleeper and pushback seats to Non AC sleeper and seater; there is a myriad range of buses plying every day. The luxurious Volvo buses are highly preferred since the route is long and mostly covered overnight. However, APSRTC- the state bus transport service also runs a couple of buses on fixed time departure every day.
Available Bus Options
Famous Eating Joints along the Route
- 7- Food Court
- APTDC hotel