Here are our favourite vegetarian restaurants in Wellington!
1. Maranui CafePioneers, seashore aficionados, and surfers will find an extraordinary arrangement to get excited at Maranui Café. Adventure around five kilometers (three miles) south of Wellington's downtown area to Lyall Bay and absorb the seashore air before finding this peculiar veggie-lover benevolent bistro on the Parade.
To begin the day in style, attempt the After Swim Super Snack with crushed avocado, new tomato, and basil. For lunch, the Seaside Scrambled Tofu never neglects if you don't mind being presented with pan sear vegetables and coriander. Lookout to the ocean, appreciate seashore sees, and invest some quality energy at one of Wellington's most famous cafes.
2. Aunty Mena'sFor those tight on money, don't overwhelm, because is one of the wonderful vegetarian restaurants in Wellington feast can be delighted by anybody on a careful spending plan. A short distance from Vivian Street in Te Aro, Aunty Mena's invests every energy into the food. Even though the stylistic layout may not satisfy everybody, the food's nature represents itself with no issue.
This veggie lover just Asian restaurant on Cuba Street is an extraordinary beginning stage in the city for anybody searching for a decent lunch. A significant time is spent on Malaysian food, and there are additionally a lot of curries, Chinese dishes, and tofu dinners to keep everybody upbeat.
3. Southern CrossKnown as "The Cross", this is a classy lounge/bar on Abel Smith Street in Te Aro with an out of control vibe and retro layout comprising purple and maroon couches, an old-school backdrop, and wooden highlights. It considers every small thing, having a parking spot, and if required, permitting pets in the nursery region.
As a feature of the network as any eating place in the city, The Cross' staff anticipate inviting regulars and amateurs. With a lot of changes on offer, there is no ideal opportunity to be grabbed. The menu will bring a grin to its fans – it's burgers, blended flame broils, and stuffed portobello mushrooms will all interest devoted veggie lovers and vegetarians.
4. Nature VegetarianAll dishes are affectionately made utilizing the best, freshest fixings. Around 80% of its broad menu is reasonable for vegetarians, with the dish bean curd and blended tofu a stick out. Telephone orders are welcome for takeaways; however, it is shut on Sundays and Mondays. For sans meat sweethearts with a propensity for southeast Asian cooking, Nature Vegetarian sets the bar high surely, making it one of the best vegetarian restaurants in Wellington.
5. Higher TasteShowcased as a "divine and good dieting experience", Higher Taste is situated in Old Bank Arcade on Customhouse Quay and works as a non-benefit café run by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. The friendly staff is all Hare Krishna fans, and they appreciate getting local people associated with their practices; each Saturday, they have a gathering called Journey of Self Discovery for anybody wishing to partake in Bhakti yoga.
Though that is not an extraordinary selling point in itself, Higher Taste serves many vegetarian dishes, from pakoras to aloo gobi to Bombay road food. Unwind in the quiet environment and alleviate music and locate your internal identity.
6. Bikaner WellingtonBikaner is a 100% veggie lover Indian eatery on Jackson Street – Petone's fundamental avenue. Helpfully for vegans, it is open seven days per week for lunch and supper. The assortment of passage on offer is astounding; browse South and North Indian principle dishes, chaats, naans, and paranthas.
As the just completely vegan eatery in Wellington serving legitimate Jain food, Bikaner is fundamental for Wellingtonians desiring healthy zesty veggie lover dishes – besides, it likewise does takeaway and cooking capacities. Fortes incorporate paneer tikka masala and thali, a round platter generally served in the Indian subcontinent.
7. Lord of the FriesVeggie lovers and vegans cheer! Extravagant a burger, yet limited by the standard meat assortments? Rush toward Lord of the Fries on Cuba Street, where everything is available for vegans, including a large group of burgers, sausages, and morning meals. Attempt the Chick Waffle for breakfast or the jalapeño-implanted Tijuana wiener for lunch, a fiery Mexican top pick and 100% veggie lover.
For bigger cravings, the Biggie burger is all that anyone could need for even the most ravenous. Established by submitted veggie lovers Bruce and Baksho in 2015 in Melbourne, they brought the now notable vegan brand to Wellington in 2018 and haven't thought back. Who said meat-eaters ought to have a good time?
8. The Botanist
The Botanist is another awesome vegan spot on the seashore in Lyall Bay – on the off chance that a veggie-lover can't locate a flavorful dinner here; at that point, there is no expectation. The Botanist is reasonably named and takes into account a cool demographic who acknowledges an incredible seashore spot.
The stylistic theme is weighty on plants, and its menu mirrors an affection for everything vegetarian. For a really real seashore insight, go for the veggie lover well disposed of fried fish and French fries with pea and mint purée. Open seven days per week from 9 am-10 pm, it has a wide scope of lagers and a party time (the "hoppy hour") from 4 pm for two hours.
Have we missed out any of your favourite vegetarian restaurants in Wellington? Let us know in the comments below!