We will make your choice easier by listing down some of the best ones below
1. Iyengar Yoga Centre:Located on the Swan Lake in Te Aro, this yoga centre offers classes suitable for novices to expert yogis. While most yoga centres focus on health and the external side of the practice, Iyengar yoga centre gives importance to the practical and spiritual side also. Developed by B.K.S Iyengar, "Iyengar is a type of Hatha yoga where the focus is on alignment as well as the union of body, mind and soul." Classes are held every day in a high-quality studio, ideal for those who want to perfect yoga to an advanced level.
LOCATION: 6 Swan Lane, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand.
PRICING: Casual class: NZD 25 Beginner's course: NZD 120 for 6 classes.
2. Empower Studio:This yoga studio offers a strong fitness emphasis besides classical yoga. They offer courses in TRX Suspension training, Yin, Vinyasa Flow, Yoga Nidra, etc. If you are a beginner looking from where to begin, opt for their TRX suspension course. Vinyasa Flow will be good for a full-body training and concentrated breathing. Each class has a maximum of 26 people so that teachers can properly concentrate on each student. Classes run daily for 35-40 minutes.
LOCATION: Level 1, 107 Customhouse Quay (Above Pravda), Wellington Central, New Zealand.
PRICING: Intro pack: NZD 39 for 2 weeks, Casual Class: NZD 99 for 5 classes.
3. Te Aro AshtangaAshtanga, literally meaning "eight limbs", is practised by combining Pranayama (focused breathing) with Vinyasa (flowing movements). Classes are taught in Mysore style, meaning one on one classes with the teacher. It is suitable for people with little or no experience. This type of teaching helps students to develop and expand their yoga skills at a slow and safe, yet challenging pace. They offer a free, 14-day trial course, so there is no harm in giving it a try.
LOCATION: Shop 234, Level 1, 116 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.
PRICING: NZD 20 per class, NZD 140 for 10 classes(valid for 3 months).
4. Yoga on Thorndon:It is a welcoming studio for yoga in Wellington with a team of experienced teachers passionate for yoga, helping you through your journey of well being. They offer a mix of classical and contemporary yoga exercises like Ashtanga, Hastha, Vinyasa, Yin and Yang, Core Flow and more. The studio is calming and comfortable with hardwood floors and sunlight entering from the windows. During winters, they use infrared heating which is good for the body and also assists yoga.
LOCATION: Level 2, 202 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington, New Zealand.
PRICING: NZD 49 for 1 month, Casual class: NZD 23 per class.
5. Hot Yoga Wellington:
With three studios in Wellington, this studio for yoga in Wellington has aimed to create a focused space for yoga within the bustling city. It has made a strong reputation for its holistic approach, offering five different styles of yoga: Yin Yang, Hot Yoga, Power Vinyasa, Yin and Yang, and Hot Sampler. Their experienced yoga teachers have both beginners and expert yogis as their students.
LOCATION: Level 2, 139 Featherston Street, 21-23 Andrews Avenue, 250 Wakefield Street.
PRICING: Casual class: NZD 22 per class.
6. Urban Yoga:
This yoga studio provides classes for every skill level and needs. You can opt for private one to one sessions with the teachers, or attend a workshop/event or take the quick lunchtime class. They offer classes with a mixed difficulty level, devised in a way that it is adaptable and approachable too. Traditional Hatha Yoga, Anusara methodology and Vinyasa Flow is taught in the classes. There are courses for pregnant women also comprising four yoga sessions beneficial for the body.
LOCATION: 160 Willis Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.
PRICING: NZD 30 for two weeks of unlimited classes. Beginner's Course: NZD 90 for five weeks.
7. Space Yoga Studio:Perched at the top of Mount Victoria, this studio gives a majestic view of the Wellington Harbour. They aim to create a rejuvenating and inspiring space for yoga where you can feel peaceful and well. They offer sessions in Yin, Yang, Hatha Yoga, Athlete's Restorative Yoga. You can either join their powerful weekend classes or take regular classes.
LOCATION: 8 Lookout Rd, Mt Victoria Wellington 6021
PRICING: Casual class: NZD 22 and NZD 45 for two weeks of unlimited yoga.
8. Awhi Yoga:The word "Awhi", means to hug, nurture, cherish and embrace. The Awhi Studio for yoga in Wellington is known for their kind and supportive teachers who focus on making the body strong through Vinyasa training, Yin, Yang, Pilates and Meditation. You can also attend their workshops, seminars, dance sessions. It is among the best yoga studios owing to the comfortability with which you train, the equipment and their app which keeps you updated. The studio has a pleasant charm with the original Matai flooring, so you will have the perfect vibes while training.
LOCATION: 15 Johnston St, Wellington, 6011.
PRICING: Casual Class: NZD 22 Intro Pack: NZD 49 for 30 days.
9. Yoga Centre for Higher Self:
A gorgeous studio, known for its welcoming atmosphere, is a serene and spacious place where you can strengthen your body and soothe your mind. It is suitable for everyone irrespective of their skill or flexibility. There are a variety of courses offered by them Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Yang, Pilates, Qi Gong, Dance therapy. They offer pregnancy and postnatal yoga sessions also.
LOCATION: 1 Marion Street, Wellington.
PRICING: NZD 35 for two weeks unlimited.
10. Katoa - Wellington's Wellness:This yoga studio practices holistic techniques to create a healthy state of lifestyle and mind. They make use of massage therapy, meditation, yin and yang yoga styles. They offer Thai and Swedish massage therapies too. They customise your massage, giving what is best to develop physical and mental balance. They usually hold private sessions while group sessions are held sometimes.
LOCATION: Unit 1B, 33 Kaiwharawhara Road, Wellington, New Zealand.Go ahead and nourish your body and soul by practising yoga in Wellington!
PRICING: NZD 22 for Casual classes.