Nightlife in Wellington might not be the best one you can experience, but clubs in Wellington offer a whole host of entertainment options. Wellington clubs still offer plenty of electrifying venues for people looking to have a blast and dance all night. If you plan a trip to Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, and are looking for a place to let loose, then make sure to keep on reading.
Read on to find out about the Best Clubs in Wellington!
1. Red SquareIf you want to party and dance all night long, then Red Square is the place you should visit. This club is one of the higher-end and more elegant clubs in Wellington, filled to the deck with drinks, coupled with great interiors and the best DJ’s in town makes this a great place. Suppose you are looking for a time out, then another cocktail, and sit by the leather booth to catch your breath. The bar is topped with ice and follows a traditional ritual where people have to leave their handprints before leaving the club.
Address - Red Square Bar, 26 Blair St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
2. Scotty and Mal’s Cocktail BarAlso called S&M’s, this venue lives up to its reputation and provides an overall nightlife experience with a place to dance your hearts out and a classy cocktail lounge upstairs. Visit this club on a Friday or Saturday night and see this place turn into the most epic night club, dance your hearts out till 3 a.m at this place.
Address - Scotty and Mal’s Cocktail and Lounge Bar, 176 Cuba St. Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
3. The EstablishmentOne of the most popular nightclubs in Wellington, The Wellington, is known for the events they host throughout the calendar year and their distinguished line-ups of DJs. It is one of the few clubs that remain open till 4 in the morning, and there is something for everyone—equipped with a tequila bar, a restaurant, the main bar, and a lounge all with their music and vibe.
Address - The Establishment, Corner of Courtney PI and Blair Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
An underground bar in Cuba Street, Good Luck Bar is known for its cocktail menu, the private lounge, and the interesting dance floor. Many people say that this bar used to be a den for Chinese opium earlier, and the rusty decor certainly adds credibility to the rumours. The music might not be of your taste, but there are enough dynamics to keep the party going.
4. Good Luck Bar
Address - Basement, 126 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
5. MinibarOne of the hippest nightclubs in Wellington, Minibar opens till 4 in the morning and offers plenty of different musical tastes to dance on a dance floor. From jam sessions in the rock genre to theme-based party songs and cliche dance lights, this place can guarantee you a proper night out. Plenty of drinks are also served to complement the event they are holding.
Address - Minibar, 24 Courtenay PI, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
6. San FranWidely known for the live music and some of the best DJs that come to Wellington, San Fran stands by its reputation. Their event calendar stands out with multiple gigs planned out such as comedy nights, techno mix, and rock music plays out with a dance floor to jam along.
Address - San Frana, 171 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
You can expect everything from the best DJs in the world to the Latin nights hosted at this venue. The themes keep changing throughout the week, but the weekends are reserved for dancing nights, which go house full every time. Situated in Cuba Street, always surrounded by action, this is one of the best places you can visit.
Address - 240 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
8. Danger DangerIf you want a taste of the retro life, Danger Danger is the perfect club located at Courtenay Place. One shouldn’t miss the chance to dance along at this place with one drink in hand and a microphone at the other—all the famous songs from the 80’s and 90’s rock your nights.
Address - 132 Courtenay PI, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
9. ValhallaConsidered as a cool alternative bar, Valhalla is situated right around the main strip. This one isn’t your typical bar as it is themed around Vikings but is a great spot to chill and hangout. Around the bar, you can also find plenty of places to grab a bite.
Address - 154 Vivian St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New ZealandHave we missed out on any of your favourite clubs in Wellington? Let us know in the comments below!