Take a look at the list of some of the best hostels in Udaipur:
1. Moustache UdaipurMoustache Udaipur is one of the most picturesque hostels in Udaipur offering a beautiful cityscape from the terrace areas. Its architecture has hints of the royal palace and the white interiors make the hostel a pretty serene place to live in. The hostel is noted for its friendly staff, common areas, and cleanliness. The amazing rooftop seating area and recreation spot make this a perfect hostel. It only offers accommodation for adults.
Address: 44 Gadiya Devra, Near Jagdish Chowk, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 702 per bunk bed
Facilities: Ticket service, free WiFi, bar and lounge service, terrace, table tennis
Distance: the hostel is in close proximity to Bagore ki Haveli, Jagdish temple and City Palace of Udaipur.
2. goStop UdaipurThis is one of the hostels in Udaipur which is super vibrant and attractive. It has been appreciated for being centrally located, rooftop space and cleanliness. The bunk beds come with personal fans. The hostel has a shared lounge and a beautiful terrace with a view. It holds movie nights, cookery classes which is an added advantage here. Who wouldn't like to stay in such an exciting hostel? The common area is super lively with a foosball table and other activities too.
Address: House No. 60/9, Hanuman Ghat, Ambari Road, Opp. Hotel Udai Kohti, Outside Chandpole, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 624 per bunk bed
Facilities: free WiFi, terrace, common area,airport pickup, air-conditioned
Distance: It's located at a distance of just 1 kilometer from Jagdish temple, and 2.2 kilometers from City Palace of Udaipur.
3. Zostel UdaipurZostel is a rustic and charming place to stay in. It's a beautiful space and worth ditching the hotels for your stay. The hostel has quirky wall art that is a pictorial representation of Rajasthan as a whole. The lighting suits the very rustic charm of the hostel and it has a breathtaking rooftop dining space. The bunk beds come with personal lamps for reading, each room has a wardrobe and a private bathroom. The hostel also bears some recreational facilities for its hostelers. It also has a great location so there's no reason why you won't opt for this hostel.
Address: Purohit Ji Ka Khurra, Chandpole, Udaipur, Rajasthan, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 390
Facilities:24/7 front desk, free WiFi, rooftop space, concierge service, evening activities, bike hire.
Distance: It lies at a distance of 2 kilometers from Lake Pichola and City Palace which are prime attractions of the city.
4. BunkyardBunkyard boasts of a prime location and a beautiful view. The quirky interiors, friendly staff, the clean atmosphere and activities offered by the hostel makes it the right place to stay during your vacation. The common area has attractive jharokha windows and the terrace overlooks the mountainous terrains and lakes. Each room has a private bath and a hairdryer ensuring that this hostel in Udaipur isn't lacking in amenities.
Address: 23/165 Lal ghat, udaipur, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 390 per bunk bed
Facilities: 24/7 front desk, barbecue and terrace, bike hire, restaurant.
Distance: Bunkyard lies about 50 meters from Jagdish temple and a 100 meters from City Palace.
5. Hide-In-UdaipurThe Hide-In hostel in Udaipur has been well appreciated for its cleanliness, its location, and its friendly staff. The hostel has great beds, personal reading lamps attached to each bunk, and private bathroom per room. The evening entertainment and lounge service is an added highlight of the hostel. The place has typical Rajasthani decors and wall arts so it vents the vibe of it and gives you a feel of the city too. It is located in proximity to Udaipur's greatest attractions too.
Address: 71, Panch Devri Marg, Ramdwara Chowk, Outside Chandpole, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 468 per bunk bed.
Facilities: free WiFi, darts, spa, movie nights, front desk assistance, Asian Breakfast
Distance: Hide-In is just about 2 kilometers from lake Pichola and 1.3 kilometers from City Palace.
6. Gypsy Child Lake HostelGypsy Child Lake Hostel is a hub for the nomads, quite literally. The hostel has been a hub for a lot of foreign travelers and solo tourists. It's a pretty little hostel with stripes and checks in harmony. You will love the cute decors and bunk beds here. Rooms are air-conditioned, each having a private bathroom. The hostel has a shared kitchen, as well as a concierge service. It also offers currency exchange services, given the inflow of foreign tourists in the hostel.
Address: 26, Navghat, Near City Palace, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 780 per bunk bed.
Facilities: free WiFi, terrace rooms, housekeeping, movie nights, continental breakfast
Distance: It lies at a distance of 8 kilometers from Sajjangarh Fort. You can also head to see a collection of vintage cars which is about 1.7 kilometers from the hostel.
7. Banjara HostelQuaint spaces, sundowner terrace views, hearty meals, balconies, a bar, courteous staff, and clean rooms are what Banjara hostel consists of. You get to eat your meals by the terrace dining at Banjara, indulge in activities like cycling and get to hang with the cool crowd in the common spaces across the hostel. It has a picturesque view of the balconies which you can enjoy with your evening tea. A clean surrounding is what has been appreciated here. The bedrooms feature an attached bathroom.
Address: 83, gangaur ghat marg, near Jagdish mandir old city near lake Pichola, Udaipur, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 234
Facilities: free WiFi, bar, terrace, flat tv, luggage storage.
Distance: Banjara is located about 500 meters from Udaipur Palace and is walking distance from Jagdish Temple.
8. Backpackers Panda UdaipurBackpacker Panda is a serene lake view accommodation. It is open to adults only. Bunk bed facilities are very clean. They provide clean and fresh bed linens. The hostel has a shared lounge, and a terrace area to hang around. It reflects serenity and calms with its interiors.
Address: Hanuman Ghat area Near Walking Bridge Ambrai Rd Outside Chandpole Ambamata Udaipur, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 312 per bunk bed
Facilities: Free WiFi, lounge area, terrace view, housekeeping facility.
Distance: Bagore ki Haveli is less than 1 km from the hostel, while Jagdish temple is a 12-minute walk from the property.
9. HostelavieWell, this hostel offers a luxurious stay at a very affordable price. It has a swimming pool to offer along with other amenities. It has a garden area for you to sit back in the grass and relax. The hostel has clean beds and spacious rooms. The rooms have shared bathrooms. It is noted for its cleanliness and comfort.
Address: Paneri Ji Ki Badi, Nagarwadi Brahmpuri outside Chandpole Rajasthan Udaipur India, Udaipur
Cost per night: INR 312 per bunk bed
Facilities: Swimming pool, garden, free wifi, tour desk.
Distance: Vintage Collection of Classic Cars is at a distance of 2.6 km from Hostelavie and Fateh Sagar Lake is 4.2 km away.
10. Strangers Hideaway HostelThis hostel is a pretty simple hostel and is very easy on the pocket for family accommodations. It has a common seating space, and each room has an attached bathroom. The hostel is good for your business tour accommodations because it has a photocopier and fax machines for the guests. It has comfortable beds and curtains for your privacy.
Address: 28 Picholi, Bhattiyani Chohtta Udaipur, UdaipurBook This Hostel
Cost per night: INR 1,638 for 8 bunk beds for family
Facilities:free WiFi, food & drinks, terrace view, shared lounge area, room service, 24-hour front desk
Distance: It is in close proximity to Bagore ki Haveli, City Palace of Udaipur and Lake Pichola. You can reach these attractions as they are at walking distance.
These hostels are perfect for solo or family accommodations. They are easy on the pocket and will let you enjoy the other magnificent attractions without having to worry about exceeding your budget. So when you head to Udaipur next, book your favourite hostel.
Would you recommend any other hostels in Udaipur? Let us know in the comments below!